With You [Epilogue of the Epilogue]

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

His tattooed hand curled into hers as they sat on a lone park bench that overlooked the dark waters of the Han River. He never thought that such waters would look good under the night sky but it definitely didn't compare to the effortless beauty that was sitting idly beside him. Much to his surprising delight, the woman beside her didn't look a day over 25 which was a real stretch if you compare it to her real age. On her right ring finger, she wore the mood ring he gave her years back. It was a cheap, old thing but it carried a lot of sentimental value not just to her but to him as well. 

 

She put her head on his shoulder and heaved a big sigh garnering his attention. He held her hand firmly, the feel of hard years of work clasping on her delicate hand that was starting to look frail in his eyes. 

 

"What's wrong?" he asked, patting her hand. 

 

"I heard Daesung got detained." she frowned. 

 

He furrowed his brows and put up his glasses. "Are we going to bail him out again?"

 

She grew silent in thought then sputtered, " that, it's Youngbae's turn. The guy's loaded anyway." 

 

He smiled looking at their hands and nodded in agreement. With him being the VP of a now worldwide conglomerate and her still working as an accountant while doing some commercials every once in a while, people would turn their heads when they say that they were not 'loaded' as their other friends. They lived a pretty normal life in their years of marriage. The two decided not to live in some fancy mansion so that their kids won't get used to the lavish lifestyle and take advantage of it. Instead, they bought his family's vacation home in Seoul seeing how they couldn't let go of the memories they shared in that house, all those movie nights with the whole family, those arguing and bickering over a toy in a cereal, those midnight smoothies only the two of them shared late at night. Oh who could forget those smoothies. Talk about hot and refreshing at the same time. They chose to live normally even though they themselves weren't normal... in their eyes, anyway. 

 

"I heard Bommie's kid is dating Jisoo." she said with a hint of surprise. "Oh god forbid how much of a mess that girl's head might be to think of going out with that weird, weird boy." 

 

"Well, from behalf of our daughter I can safely say that we may have the strangest taste in people but our decision never backfired on us." He gave her his signature smirk. "Jisoo is in good hands." 

 

She punched his arm and he acted dramatically hurt by it. She scoffed but it turn into a light chuckle when he pouted at her. She wiped the pout off his face and lovingly patted his cheek with a bright smile. "What about your other kid?" she mumbled, trailing her finger on his stubble.

 

"From what I heard from Jisoo, he won't leave her alone with her boyfriend. She said that Mino keeps outdoing him at whatever he does and when she lashes out on him, he starts to tear up." 

 

"Aigoo, we made such a mess, didn't we?" She sighed. 

 

"I think it's one of the most beautiful mess we made." He said, looking over the river. He looked at her and lifted her chin up to meet her eyes. "Hey," he whispered. "I never did find out what you wrote about me in your little diary from High School." 

 

"Yah, it's not a diary. It's like my 'therapy bear'" she answered back, irritated. She started fumbling inside her bag with a determined look on her face. When it looked like she found what she was looking for, she grinned playfully and pulled out a familiar, worn-out notebook. He arched a brow in amusement as she flipped through the pages of her book. 

 

"Do you carry that with you everywhere you go?" he asked, looking over her shoulder. 

 

"What's a purse for if I don't put random in it?" she replied blandly. She gasped at a certain page and quickly turned the book away from him with her eyes mischievously peeking over the notebook. 

 

"You bad-mouthed me, didn't you?" 

 

She shrugged and briefly glanced at what she wrote then gave him an eye smile. "Just to let you know, sweet cakes, I haven't written in this thing ever since you saw it, so everything in here is all raw. Better prepare another set of , babe. You don't want to get them twisted now do you?" 

 

He shook his head, clearly entertained and delighted by her antics, and gestured for her to go on. She cleared and explained to him that she wrote her observations of him ever since the first day of high school when his reputation was already bad. 

 

"Arasso, 'The Kwon Dragon'." He chuckled at the name and she just smiled. "'1st Year - thug, black emo hair, gloomy'," She casted him a look and saw him grow silent but there was still a hint of a smile on his face. "'2nd Year - always ing glaring, loner, can't get a decent sentence out of him', '3rd Year - a good teacher blocker, surprisingly smart like why is he ing beating me, loner', okay the 4th year is when I wrote a lot about you because that's when I had you in my class for the first time... I think." Jiyong nodded silently, brushing the hair away from her face. "'4th year -  hard at Math (still counting with fingers), said hi to him in the halls and he didn't respond what a face, forced to sit with -- smells like expensive hand soap, cool tats a little weaker than I hoped though, lonely,'," Jiyong looked melancholic and she completely understood. She wasn't the most subtle person in the world. She leaned over to give him a kiss on the lips, successfully getting him out of his reverie. She pulled away and brushed her thumb over his eye and smiled. "'interesting.'." She said. 

 

"Interesting? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" 

 

"I've never gotten a bad experience dealing with interesting things. So fortunately for you, that's a good thing." She kissed him again and he gladly let her. "You're my most interesting best experience, Kwon Jiyong." she breathed over his mouth while looking at him in the eye. 

 

"You know, I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter