Understandings over Misunderstandings

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA

 

 

*giggle* *giggle* *squeal* *giggle* 

 

I looked in front of me to see Seunghyun looking back at me as he sat backwards from his chair. He kept giving me teasing looks and the patience that I tried so hard to keep was slowly ebbing away. Jiyong left about an hour ago and no one bothered to stop or run after him. I heard him sniffing on his seat a while ago. It's probably because he was crying. I wished I could just leave like he did so I wouldn't have to see this giggling idiot in front of me. 

 

"Bom, can you come up and do question 13 from your homework?" Our Math teacher, Mrs. Baek said while writing something on the white board.

 

"Ahhh, uhmmm." I could hear the gears on Bom's head going on full-drive. I glanced back at her and gave her my book to take in front of class. But before she could step out from her seat, Seunghyun was already making his way to the board much to Mrs. Baek's dismay.

 

"Excuse me, Seunghyun. I called Bom to come up here. Are you perhaps Bom in disguise?"  

 

Even though we were far from were Seunghyun was, we could see him sticking his tongue out at our teacher while writing a very lengthy answer on the board. 

 

"I'm impressed by your precise answer, Seunghyun. But it still doesn't change the fact that I called Bom, not you."

 

He suddenly faced her and leaned his face closer to her face. The girls began to shriek in excitement and I slumped down on my seat and hid my face knowing that he's about to do something stupid. Bom, on the other hand, was staring at the tall, skinny retard in the front of class as if it were a giant cob of corn. Bom loves corn. I peeked through one eye and saw him put his arms up, making a heart sign. Here we go again. 

 

"Bom and I are one. If you call her, you call me. We are inseparable." he gradually said his last word in a whisper, but it was enough for everyone to hear.

 

The whole class roared in laughter while cheering Seunghyun who was gallivanting around the class. Mrs. Baek was practically throwing everything that was in her arm's reach towards him, and he would just casually avoid it as if it were nothing. He went up to us, well up to Bommie, and kneeled in front of her. I saw him put his cheek toward her. Bom flicked it before giving him a chaste kiss. He raised his fists up victoriously as all of our male classmates joined in rejoicing. They went up to him and gave him congratulatory pats on the back and praises.

 

Men. 

 

After a few minutes of the guys telling him that he was a sly motherer (which he was a complete opposite of), the class settled back and faced the front. Mrs. Baek just gave us a long sigh before continuing with her lesson. I could feel Bom nudging me to look back at her. I ignored it knowing that nothing good would come out of . She pushed me hard (again) this time, but it was a good thing that I reacted quickly and covered my s before it hit the desk (again). I ever so calmly looked back at her since I don't want to scare her seat mate Daesung, when I start clawing her eyes out. I discreetly looked up the ceiling and thanked god that Daesung was drifting off to Neverland. I looked back and checked if Mrs. Song was looking at us, and she wasn't. There weren't a lot of people sitting in the back of class which gave me plenty of opportunities to torture the smiling face in front of me.

 

"We should go on a double date! Me and Seunghyunnie, and you... and Jiyong." she smirked at me. I mouthed a ' you' to her and she replied by making a heart sign with her hands.

 

I was about to take a hold of her hair and  rip it out but I was interrupted by the school bell. I quickly took my hand away from her face when I heard people shuffling in their seats. Bom stick her tongue out at me while humming that taunting song that those children of society make. I stood up and walked out of my seat while simultaneously giving her a good kick in the shins under the desk. I heard her whimper in pain. Now it was my turn to stick my tongue out at her.

 

"Dara-ssi, I made this for you! I hope you like it!" A small girl that was in my class gave me a lunchbox. I gave her a smile and patted her head as thanks. She scurried away her way to her friends while she panted with a smile. Cute.

 

"Dara-ssi, you look so beautiful today. Want to date me?" A hoodlum-looking classmate of mine winked at me making me shiver in disgust on the inside.

 

"Maybe, next time." I mused. "I don't want to be in a relationship right now. But keep being a good person, and you might have a chance." I winked at him. His friends gathered around him and patted him on the back. I looked away from him and made a disgusted face. Like hell, you'd have a chance. I'd rather go bald than give you a chance. 

 

Seunghyun suddenly nudged my arm and put his face close to my ear making the girls in our class squeal again. Does this person know a certain thing called 'personal space'? 

 

"It's lunch. Go have your rooftop date with your Jiyong." he whispered. 

 

I looked at him blankly before jabbing him on the stomach. It's a good thing that we were facing away from our classmates. From their perspective it would look like Seunghyun was just ing around again by acting like he was dying, while I being the saint that I was, playfully consoled him. But in reality, I was giving him hard pinches all over his body as I was 'consoling' the poor broken figure on the ground. Some of our classmates started to gather around him and that was my cue to leave. I grabbed the lunchbox that the kindergarten-looking girl gave me, and started making my way to the school's rooftop. Every student and teacher that were in the hallway greeted me with smiles and compliments, and I would just bow in reply. Smiling like an idiot at everybody was tiring. Really tiring.  

 

I opened the rooftop door and was welcomed by the cold air of autumn. 

 

"Holy , it's cold." 

 

"Really? It feels pretty normal to me." A familiar voice said. 

 

I scanned the rooftop and did a raspberry when I couldn't find him. I know he's here since I just heard him a few seconds ago. 

 

"Hey, genius. Why don't you try looking behind you." 

 

I compiled with a scowl on my face. Ho-ly, sass master's in the house. Jiyong was sitting down while leaning on the room that lead to the rooftop. He had a lunchbox on his lap and a few other drinks and treats surrounding him. 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

Dara decided to sit across from him Indian-style. She didn't really care if her skirt wasn't made for sitting down like that. Her skirt reached just below her knees so when she sat down, Jiyong saw Dara's black shorts that were underneath her skirt. Dara looked at him weirdly since he was fidgeting and trying to avoid eye contact with her.

 

"What's the matter?" she asked as she was carefully opening her lunchbox. 

 

Jiyong looked at her for a second then diverted back to somewhere else. She stretched her legs out and kicked his foot making him wince in pain. 

 

"Oh, c'mon. I didn't even kick you that hard." 

 

A gust of wind suddenly blew past them and Dara protectively held on to her food like a mother hen protecting her eggs. Meanwhile, Jiyong was staring at her wide-eyed as her legs where being exposed for all the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter