Friends That We Call Family [Special]

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


MINO

 

 

"Look at that scary man over there." 

 

"Why is he waiting in the gates... OMO! Is he gonna beat someone up!"

 

"I don't know about you but I like his eyes. They're so mysterious~"

 

I looked at the girl who said that my eyes were magnificent and winked at her. I smirked when I heard her squeal and the rest of her friends joined in with her. I shook my head and let out a woeful sigh. Man, omma was right. It's so hard being so attractive. Why must I be cursed with this type of life? 

 

My icy breath was the only other thing that entertained me at the moment. I neatly tucked my gloved hands on my coat pockets and buried my face on the scarf on my neck. I could feel my legs trembling from the cold so I started bouncing around a little bit. Goddamn, what takes a freaking high school student so long? If I were them, I would bolted out of there as soon as the bell rang. Well, that's what I did do but appa doesn't really need to know that. 

 

The students leaving the school were clearly avoiding me, seeing how they would always walk at the far side of the gates. Typical judgmental s. I'm the most lovable person in the whole world. Tch, no love for you then, dips.  

 

I absentmindedly looked at the school's main door and did a double take when I saw Jisoo with some guy that had his filthy arm on her shoulder. My anger rose and I marched my all the way there. Jisoo looked surprised when I took her by the arm and hugged her, hiding her face from this heathen. 

 

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I hissed. My little Jisoo was saying something but I couldn't hear it because it was muffled under my thick jacket. I glared at the bastard by widening my eyes threateningly but he just smiled. What the ? Is this dude high or something?

 

"Nice to see you again, hyung." He bowed. Well look at that. This heathen had manners. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him, seeing how he was acting all buddy buddy with me. 

 

"Oppa." I looked down and saw her frowning at me. "T-that was ing rude." 

 

I lightly hit and looked at her sternly. "Don't curse." 

 

"But y-you curse too!" 

 

"We only say it in our head, sweetie. Never with our mouths."

 

I continued to pat her tainted mouth up until she hit me on the chest. I released her with my mouth slightly agape and my hand on my heart. Is it gonna be like this now? Here I was just trying to protect her but she was pushing me away? Does she not love her own flesh and blood anymore? The thought sends a tear to my eye. No, Mino. Remember how appa thought you to control yourself. I looked at her one last time and she was still glaring at me. 

 

Okay, here comes the tears. 

 

"Oppa." I heard her whine while her arm circled my waist. I sniffed and discreetly wiped the tears in my eyes. I am a man that sheds no tears! ...At least I don't make it reach past my chin.

 

"Don't you remember me, hyung?" This cheeky- kid asked. 

 

"No, and you better not make me remember you in a bad way, punk." 

 

Jisoo hit me again and whined. "Why are you here, oppa???"

 

What was this I'm seeing? Is she embarrassed of me??? And to think... I came all the way from the convenience store just to see her... 

 

I gently removed her arms on my waist and put my hands back on my pockets. No, I am not sulking. Kwon Mino does anything but sulk! 

 

"Stop s-s-sulking." Jisoo hissed and the heathen had the audacity to chuckle. 

 

"I am not sulking!" 

 

"What are you doing then, hyung?" 

 

I glared at the guy and faced my baby sister. "I just wanted to pick you up because appa came home." I frowned. "But I guess you're too caught up with him to care about your family." 

 

I was met by a more striking punch in the chest and I shamefully admit that I almost staggered to the ground if it weren't from the heathen catching my fall. My heart clenched not because I was hurt that my baby sister hit me but because she hit me too hard that i think I'm gonna get a or something. Oh god. 

 

"You should've started off with that!" She said with a calm-sounding tone but I knew her and I was able to pick up a screech that only dogs could hear right then. Oh boy, she was angry. Jisoo had this odd incapability of not being able to raise her voice to a shout. We figured that it was because she had a speech impediment when she was growing up—she still stutters a little bit now—but I don't know any of those medical terminologies so I won't bother. Only the people closest to her knew when her voice would change to anything but her serene voice. I say it's some X-men . 

 

The boy beside her suddenly raised his arm up as if he was in class. Pabo, raise your arm all you want. I'm never gonna call you—

 

"What is it Jiwon?"

 

Why must you always betray me? 

 

"Can I come with you guys? Omma texted me earlier and she said that they were there too." 

 

MWO? 'Come with us'????? Those he think he can just waltz in our house just like that??? And it's the house of where the great Kwon empire resides! Has he no shame????

 

"Sure."

 

"Jisoo-yahhhhhhhhhhh"

 

She totally ignored me and pulled the guy by the arm and dragging him to my car. I saw him motioning me to come along and I could just roll my eyes. They closed the door with a loud thud while I took my time, making Jisoo get the impression that I'm upset with her which I so am! I took slow and calculated steps, looking at the ground when a realization suddenly hit me. My alarmed eyes darted to my car that had black-tinted windows and the ability to lock from the inside. My breath hiked up and before I knew it, I was already running towards it like a madman. 

 

"PROTECT YOURSELF, JISOO-YAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" 

 

 

______________________________________________

 

 

Jiwon and Jisoo looked at the sight of her brother charging towards them under the confinement of the car. They could hear his faint shouts and they could see the odd look on his face that showed determination. 

 

"Oppa looks cute, doesn't he?" she said absentmindedly. 

 

Jiwon could only hum in agreement, patting the girl's head. They watched as Mino round in front of the car to get to the driver's seat. He opened it, hoping that he could catch them before it was too late but they just looked at him silently with their blinking eyes. Mino cleared his throat and quietly settled himself inside. He turned up the car stereo so that he can wallow in his own embarrassment.

 

Jisoo smiled as she looked at her brother from the rear-view mirror. She gave him a hug from the back seat which almost caused them to go off-road because he was caught off guard.

 

"YAH, OPPA!" 

 

"Sorry! I didn't mean it!" 

 

She settled herself back before lightly slapping his face and pecking his cheek right after. Jiwon smiled at the lovely brother and sister bond that they shared. It would be nice if he had siblings too but his appa told him that his omma vowed to never pull a human being out of her again and would just settle for adoption. They never did adopt another child but they did pamper him like a prince. He looked back at the two siblings as they were busy talking about their lives. It would be nice to have someone by your side unconditionally. 

 

After a couple of minutes, they arrived at their house. It didn't looked lavish like the other's houses even though they were richer than most of them. Sometimes the two wished they had a fancier home but they were thankful for the most part that their family decided to live here instead. Mino scowled at the unfamiliar boy who was being held by the wrist by Jisoo. Jiwon on the other hand, sent him another amused look. He guesses that he did forget him. Jisoo could just look at him apologetically while he just shrugged. Mino opened their front door to be greeted by some cheerful noise and hearty laughs. 

 

"Is there some kind of reunion that we don't know about?" Mino said while hesitantly bowing to all his aunts, uncles, and their children. 

 

"Aniyo~ We just all decided to drop by and eat food." His uncle Seungri waved his hand dismissively. "We didn't have anymore groceries in the house." 

 

"Aigoo, is that Jiwon?" Seunghyun spoke, scrutinizing the boy and standing up. After he got a full body scan, he launched himself to him and thankfully the later was able to catch him. The rest erupted in cheers as Mino looked at them with a totally boggled and confused mind. His tall uncle Seunghyun was clutching on this heathen like a koala perched up in a tree. "APPA MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!! How was abroad???"

 

Appa?

 

Mino nudged Jisoo and nodded her head towards Jiwon who was currently bouncing his uncle Seunghyun like a baby. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter