Three Words. Three People

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

DARA

 

 


I love you.

 

Heh. 

 

Too little too late, pal. 

 

A bitter smile formed across my lips as I tiredly rubbed my face with my hands. I just got home from my other part-time job in a convenience store and usually I would be knocked out as soon as I hit the bed but I was still wide awake and thinking about that ungrateful bastard. Bom was sleeping soundly beside me and as expected she took all the space in the bed with her star-fish position. I just sighed and started trudging towards the small couch in our living room.

 

I sat on the couch upside down and let my head hang in the air in order for the blood to get to my brain. Maybe that will get my mind off of this ridiculous mess. I heard my phone beep from my pants' pocket. Surprisingly, I haven't changed into my pj's yet. Man, I can't even be bothered today. I lazily looked at my phone and squinted my eyes when the light hit me directly on the eye.

 

Little . 

 

When my eyes started to focus, I saw that I got a message from Jiyong. I hurriedly sat up straight and looked at the clock on my phone. It was 2:17 am. Why was he awake? 

 

Jiyong: Are you still up, Dara?

 

Somehow his sudden text made me feel uneasy. I decided to call him. I grabbed a hoodie and went out the house. Since Bom gets rattled easily by the slightest noise when she's asleep it was almost routine that I go outside and look over the balcony when Jiyong and I have our late night talks. 

 

The other line continued to ring and I shivered when I felt the night breeze brush against my cheeks. I sat on the floor and snuggled up against Jiyong's hoodie that I kept. 

 

"Hey." his tired voice greeted. 

 

"Why are you still up, ja-gi-yah?" 

 

I heard him chuckling on the other line and I couldn't help but smile from the calming sound of his laughter. I wish I could see him right now. 

 

"I like the sound of that. Say it again, babe." 

 

"Yah, don't push it." I heard him laugh again. "So, what's up?" 

 

I heard his laughter slowly die down and I could only hear his steady breathing from the other line. I kind of knew the reason why he was suddenly so quiet. After him and Donghae told me that they loved me, I ran away. I had no idea what gotten into me. Before I knew it, I just found myself in our apartment while panting and holding on to my knees for support. I locked myself in the bedroom while a bunch of messages from Bom, Seunghyun, and Youngbae kept flooding my phone but I didn't answer any of them. It was only until recently that I finally received a message from Jiyong and to be frank, I wished he did it sooner. 

 

"I love you." he mumbled. "So much... I love you, Dara." 

 

A lump formed on my throat and before I knew it, a tear suddenly rolled down on my cheek. I smiled and snuggled closer to the hoodie that emitted his scent. 

 

"Meet me by that rickety old bench near the Han River." I said as I wiped off my tears. 

 

"Hey, are you crying? Are you sure you want to meet up? It's pretty late."

 

"Yeah." I grinned. "I wanna hug you, and kiss you, and tell you in person those three little words." 

 

There was a long pause before I heard him say, "I'll be there."

 

"You better not be pulling my leg, Sandara Park." 

 

Then he hung up. 

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

I hurriedly locked my car and ran off to our meeting place. A smile unconsciously formed on my lips when I see her sitting on the grass while wearing my hoodie. I sneaked up behind her and enveloped her in a back hug. She jolted a little bit but when she saw my face, she relaxed and leaned back. I sat behind her as we both quietly watch the lights illuminate the dark and steady river. 

 

"Where's my kiss?" 

 

She looked back and puckered her lips and I took the chance to claim it. I didn't settle with just a peck. I kissed her slowly, letting her feel how much love was coming from our contact. She opened , granting me the access to her wet cavern. She moaned in my mouth as she pulled on my nape, deepening the kiss. I hugged her tight from the back when I felt her cold hands touch my arms. I put my hands on her cheeks and was surprised to feel that it was wet. I broke the kiss and found her quietly sobbing in front of me. I pulled her into a hug while rubbing her back worriedly. 

 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

 

She tightened her hold on my and felt her clenching her fists on my shirt. She continued to cry and I just let her. I could feel myself starting to cry as well but I urged myself to stop. Me crying will only make her feel worse. I cleared my throat to calm myself. I really can't bear to see her cry. If I could just take her pain away, I would. But I don't even know what pain she was feeling right now. 

 

"I-I-I'm s-sorry, Jiyong." She looked up to me with her tear-stricken face. "I ran away. I l-l-left you. I... I just left you there..." she said the last one almost in a whisper. 

 

That's true. She did leave me. But that didn't change the fact that I still love her. I curled my fist into a tight ball as I hugged her closer to me. I don't know what relation Donghae had with her but I'm not planning to let him take her. Judging from her reaction earlier, I could tell that his confession made a big impact on her. I was planning to go after her, call her, and text her, but something in me stopped me. I don't know what was happening but I felt like she needed to needed some time alone to gather her thoughts. But I can't help but think in the back of my mind... why did it have to be Donghae? 

 

I cupped her face and wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. "Tell me right now, do you love me?" 

 

"I love you." she said breathlessly. 

 

I kissed the tip of her nose and smiled. "That's all enough for me. I don't care if you ran away and left me. As long as you come back to me and tell me those three words, I'll still be the happiest man alive." I saw her close her eyes shut as tears continued to fall on her face while she giggled. 

 

I held both of her hands and she suddenly started humming the song I made for her. That small gesture made me feel happy beyond belief. She leaned back and I just let her soft hums take over me. But despite this giddy moment, I can't help but feel unsettled about her and Donghae. I tried my luck and asked her without warning, "What's Donghae to you?" 

 

I felt her stiffen but after a few minutes, she relaxed and put my hands on her waist. She continuously played with my hands as I patiently waited for her reply. 

 

"He was a childhood crush of mine. He was the first one I liked actually... We secretly dated when we were in middle school... or at least I think we did. He would act really touchy when we were alone like what were doing now but then he would act a little distant when we're with other people. I don't know why I did that but I just let him be. He was close to me and that was all that mattered. When I finally got the courage to confess, he just smiled and held my hand really tight. After that day, I never saw him again. I heard he moved somewhere far away and I just... I don't know.." 

 

I silently nodded and embraced her tighter. Bom and Seunghyun already told me that he was the reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter