Result

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It has been almost a month after their visit to the states. Dara and her mom have gotten closer but their was still a tinge of awkwardness between them. Their families had decided to marry them as soon as possible but the couple insisted that they do it in the Autumn of next year since that was when they first met. How sweetly innocent of them. 

 

It has also been a month since they found out that their lives were going to change forever. 

 

A MONTH AGO -- AT THE DGC GIRL'S BATHROOM WITH DARA AND JIYONG

 

"We're going to have a baby." he repeated in her ear. 

 

Tears were now starting to flow freely on her cheeks. He looked at the pregnancy test again to see if it really said positive on it, and when it showed two lines, his grip on the plastic stick loosened and a wave of emotion suddenly overcame him. He raised her hands up to rest on his face and she looked at her, still quietly bawling. Jiyong gave her another lingering kiss on the forehead and she closed her eyes, very overwhelmed about the result of the tie breaker. 

 

His lips quivered and his breath was shaky. "We're going to have a baby, Dara." he cheered softly. 

 

She looked up at him almost pleadingly and buried her head on his dress shirt. Dara continued to sob and he quietly joined in with her. He would rub her back to try and comfort her but that seemed useless because it would only make her cry even more. 

 

"I don't wanna be in 16 in pregnant." she hiccuped and whined like a child. 

 

Jiyong just hugged her tighter, reassuring her that everything was going to be alright. The door suddenly opened, revealing the whole crew peeking from the door. Dara's back was facing them but Jiyong had a full view of what their faces. He happily showed them the test result in his hand and most of them squealed with glee. Most of them except the Park brothers and the unfortunate cousin. The four stepped back from the door with their mouths slightly agape. They could feel their life flash before their eyes as they dramatically slumped down on the wall with heavy hearts. The innocent young girl that they cherished for ages was now going to be a mother.

 

Sanghyun covered his chest protectively as he looked at a stain on the floor with distant eyes. He then trailed his hand down to his stomach and gasped. "I'm pregnant." he said in a whisper, his expression somber yet serious at the same time. Teddy, who was beside him and looking at him unbelievingly, gave him an audible smack upside the head and his little brother winced. 

 

Jay was staring at his hands, clenched then unclenched. He looked up and let the bright ceiling lights blind him. Now he's never going to get that ménage à trois. 

 

Donghae looked like he was the most affected even though he was only a mere stem in their family tree. He was still very much in a crossroads. He still had feelings for Dara but knowing that she was his cousin was kinda... throwing him off. He put his sweaty palms over his face and looked at the darkness that he was seeing with unblinking eyes. And knowing that the love of his life who was related to him was having a baby was just making his mental breakdown go in full drive. 

 

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!" 

 

The 4 men looked towards the door and saw Jiyong carrying Dara princess-style while the latter seemed to have passed her initial uncertainty and mirrored the expression on her fiancé's face. They all looked at each other blankly before standing up and shoving their friends and family who were blocking the door. They took small steps towards the rejoicing couple. When Dara and Jiyong noticed the sudden silence, the looked in front and saw the Park brothers and Donghae looking at Jiyong like he was the most despicable thing on the planet. Teddy, who was the main hooligan, chuckled bitterly as he tried to give Jiyong a death glare but the latter was beating him too it with his natural face. 

 

"You said you won't do anything until you get married. But you did." He stood in front of Jiyong and poked his buff chest hard making him sigh inwardly. He cleared his throat and ignored his sister who was looking at him incredulously. "You promised that you're not going to get her pregnant, but what did you do?" 

 

"HE GOT HER PREGNANT!" his hoodlum-looking squad answered for him. 

 

"Oh please, show your proof." Dara said cynically. 

 

Teddy looked at her with manic eyes and started nodding while fiddling with his phone. The rest of the 'Dara protectors' were looking over their hyung's shoulder while nodding with him and giving him soft cheers like 'you go and tell them!', 'show them your resourcefulness, hyung!', 'hyung is our hero!'. When Teddy found what he was looking for, he released a smug grin and pressed play. 

 

"Jiyong-ah, I'll just ask for one thing."

 

"What is it Teddy hyung?"

 

"Get married first before you get her pregnant, arasso?" 

 

There was a big pause and the parents and the rest of the friends who were still sane, gave Jiyong a knowing look. They heard Jiyong do some unintelligible noises making Dara chuckle a bit. 

 

"I.. I'll try but if she were to... you know... I promise to stay with her until the end... It's just I can't really promise that first one, but I'll definitely try to." 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"Yes, I promise." 

 

Teddy dropped his phone like what does sick gangsta's do after they bust out some dope rhymes while the mini retards exploded with an obnoxious 'what?!'s' and 'oh 's'. Hyori face palmed herself in the background. Her DNA were in 3 of those grown idiots while the 4th one... well, she blamed her brother for that. Bom, being the self-proclaimed reporter that she was, took pictures in every angle known to man and would later put everything on her SNS. Seunghyun was looking through the doorway in awe, completely mesmerized by his Jay hyung's firm stand and tenacity. Dami was telling her little sister about choosing the right guy and backing out before it was already too late. Mrs. Kwon was silently quibbling beside her husband while he writes out a check for $100 000 to Mrs. D. Youngbae rolled his eyes at his parents when they saw them jumping up and down while waving the check in their hand. 

 

"He didn't promise ." Dara defended, her fingers twirling around Jiyong's nape. 

 

"Uh yuh-huh." Jay stuck his tongue out at her and she pulled it out forcibly making him whimper. 

 

"Hyung..." Jiyong started. "I told you that I might not be able to promise her... not getting pregnant." 

 

"Stop it with the lies, Jiyong-ah. What kind of father are you going to be if you lie!"

 

Somehow him being called a father made him feel happy. He carefully set Dara down when she asked to. Jiyong held on to her waist securely while looking at his hyungs and Donghae with conviction in his eyes. "I'm not lying hyung. I knew that there was a possibility that's why I didn't agree to that. But I did promise that I'll be with her no matter what." 

 

The 4 guys stood in silence while studying Jiyong's determined face. They then huddled and made incoherent murmurs that only their special kin could understand. Jiyong felt a hand grip on his shirt and he looked beside him and found Dara squinting her eyes at him, seemingly looking for something in his face. 

 

"Is there something wrong, babe?" 

 

She squinted her more, the whites in her eyes now barely even showing. A crease was starting to appear on her forehead and he could just tilt his head questioningly at her. 

 

"Are... are you real?" she asked skeptically. 

 

He grinned and nodded his head while looking at a corner as if in thought. "I'm pretty sure. What made you ask?" 

 

"Okay, I guess you didn't really promise on that part but you still got her pregnant!!!" Teddy burst out. 

 

"You made me pregnant!!" Sanghyun added and Hyori could just giver everyone else an apologetic look. 

 

The fantastic four continued ranting about Jiyong, and then it trailed off to how handsome, loving, and caring he was much to Donghae's confusion. He was busy getting entertained by the circus show in front of them when he heard Dara's low mumble. "You seem too good to be true." Her faint-sounding compliment made him blush and consequently made the Park brothers blush too. Donghae looked at his crew of street thugs more confused than ever now. He tapped their leader's shoulder and found him hiding his reddened face. 

 

"What's wrong, hyung?" The once estranged cousin asked.

 

The 3 men cleared their throats and sneaked a quick glance at Jiyong only to shy away immediately. Dara and Donghae met each other's eyes and shared a rather thoughtful look. Dara had a very annoyed and rather irritated expression on her face. He then looked beside her to see Jiyong acting all cute and shy while petting her waist and whispering things to her with a sheepish smile on his face. He likened Jiyong's actions as of those of a teenage boy on a date with her crush. 

 

"What's wrong with him?" Donghae asked the miffed pregnant lady while pointing at her soon-to-be husband. 

 

Dara side glanced at Jiyong, a sneer also evident in her face. She elbowed him but Jiyong was too cheetah-quick for her, making him able to avoid it with no sweat. She mumbled incoherent curses under her breath and folded her arms totally not upset. AT ALL. "They have a 'thing' going on. Well it's mostly them." she pointed her lips towards her brothers "but the little bastard here started playing along too. I'm not sure if he's playing along right now but he's totally ruining my grill here." 

 

"Wait, what do you mean they have a 'thing' going on?"

 

Donghae suddenly felt a pair of hands rest on his shoulders. He looked back and saw the three brothers giving him warm smiles and loving gazes. Jay was starting to open his mouth to speak but Dara beat him to it.

 

"They go gay for him at the randomest times."

 

Donghae lowered his brows in confusion. "At the randomest times?" He didn't even ask the most pivotal question which was 'why are they gay for him?' but instead asked the least important one.

 

Classic Donghae. 

 

Sanghyun, who self-proclaimed himself as the one who's also carrying Jiyong's child, started telling their one-sided love story. He told them how chivalrous good ol' Jiyong was, how he had always treated them with the utmost respect and how he was always smiling at them. Jay then told him about Jiyong's to-die-for looks and how he wanted to run his fingers on his chiseled and tattooed body but it was so rudely interrupted by Dami who threw a foldable chair in his direction like in those totally legit WWE matches. And lastly, Teddy told their new goon recruit about how Jiyong beat himself up for them because he was too strong for the three. It was then that this very odd sense of admiration awakened and the restricted gayness for him develop. 

 

"You wanted to kill him earlier and now you look like you want to take him out to dinner or something." Dara sighed exasperatedly. "MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MINDS!!"

 

Everyone gasped in shock at her threat-laced voice, even little Minzy was stunned too.

 

The 3 idiots suddenly shook their heads, successfully earning everyone's attention. 

 

"Pregnant women." Teddy started. 

 

Sanghyun nodded. "Can't live with them." 

 

"Can't even have a normal no-homo-platonic relationship with their boyfriend." Jay ended. "You know, it doesn't mean you already own him just because you're carrying his baby." 

 

"Yeah, why do you have to be so selfish, Dara-yah." Sanghyun sneered. 

 

Everyone gave them all incredulous looks that just screamed judgment and hopelessness. They then all quietly left the three in the bathroom, even their new recruit has already abandoned them because they were too 'extreme' for him. Now the 3 men of the family were left, completely clueless to what was happening but decided to scurry out anyway because the bathroom was getting too spooky scary for them. 

 

A MONTH LATER -- AT THE 2PM BUTLER CAFÉ

 

"Do you want anything else?" 

 

"N-no, thank you. I'm f-f-fine." 

 

Jiyong gave a female customer a curt nod before visiting a girl, who's been giving him a stink eye, for the nth time now. He snatched the hand towel on her hand and put it over his shoulder. She lightly pushed him away, her clearly irked face showing everyone how she hates everyone's guts right now. He pouted at her which only made her more cranky. She quickly wiped off the pout on his lips while bulging her eyes out threateningly at the throng of female customers that are looking at his direction. 

 

Dara sighed exasperatedly at his smiling face. Her hair was brought up in a dishevele

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter