An Expedition on the Weekend

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA

 

 

"Dara."

 

"Dara."

 

"Hey."

 

"Dara."

 

"Dara-yah." 

 

"Muffin." 

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"Who was that guy who dropped you off yesterday?" Jay cupped his face and put his elbows on the table while batting his lashes. 

 

"Yeah, that guy that had the Bentley." Teddy whistled with a smirk. 

 

"Go for the gold." Sanghyun raised his fist with his eyes closed. 

 

"I told you he's just a friend." I slurped my soup and left them on the dining table. 

 

These three have been pestering me since yesterday. They keep asking about Jiyong and his car. They also kept teasing me, saying that he was just more than a friend. Let's say that their ramblings got the best of me and I made them stop by using my lovely charms, of course. 

 

 


YESTERDAY NIGHT

 

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SHE GOT HERSELF A BOYFRIEND~" 

 

"ING FINALLY!"

 

"AND A RICH GUY TOO! GOOD CHOICE DARA-YAH! GOOD CHOICE!"

 

Her three brothers bumped each other's chest and gave one another high fives. They cheered and chanted as if they were a football team in a huddle. It's been 2 hours since she came home. Her ramen collection was still in tip-top shape so she let them off the hook. Her brothers were too caught up fantasizing about the guy on the Bentley that they didn't notice that Dara fixing a meal for herself, meaning that she was destroying their kitchen. After she was done sending their kitchen to hell, she grabbed her oatmeal and sat on the couch while being entertained by her brothers who were talking amongst themselves. She suddenly stopped eating when she heard something that irked her. 

 

"She probably seduced him. What an easy guy"

 

"Wahh, I can't believe she'll go that far."

 

"She must be really good in bed."

 

"Am I now?" She said making the three stop and slowly look back to her direction. She put her bowl of oatmeal on the coffee table and looked back at them blankly. She had her legs crossed as she casually leaned back on the sofa with her head slightly tilted back. The three gulped the lumps on their throats while trying to avoid her murderous gaze. But even when they looked away they could still feel her sending poisonous daggers at them. 

 

"Mmmmh. Are you calling me a that sleeps with people for their money. Are you comparing me to that ?" Dara said with a tinge of bitterness. 

 

"Dara-ah..." Teddy went up to her knowing that they pushed it a little too far. He halted on his steps when she stood up. 

 

She pushed Teddy to Jay and Sanghyun. They silently scolded each other for being inconsiderate about what they're saying. They knew that they were heading to a sensitive territory but they still went on. Even though Dara was smaller than them, it felt like she towered over the three with the menacing look on her eyes and disturbingly terrifying silence. 

 

"I suddenly lost my appetite." she said softly which unnerved the guys. "He is my friend. That's it. If I hear you bad mouth him or hear you saying I seduced him or some like that," She then kicked them all hard in between their legs sending all the three boys to writhe on the ground in pure agony. "You'll regret you were ever born."

 

"Do I make myself clear?" When she didn't hear a response, she laughed bitterly gaining the three's attention. "I see you want to make yourselves regret your life right now."

 

Her brothers quickly bolted up while cupping their damaged keys to another bright generation. "I get it." they said in unison.

 

 "Good, I'm gonna go to sleep." She tip-toed to them and gave them audible pecks on the cheeks. She looked back at them one last time before heading to her room. 

 

"Holy , I almost peed my pants." Sanghyun let out a shaky sigh.

 

"She either cares for that guy a lot or she's still hung up about omma." Jay winced as he felt his precious jewels ache at the slightest touch. 

 

"Whatever it is, never talk about omma in front of her again..." Teddy peeked at the stairs where Dara went off to. "And I guess we should investigate that guy." 

 

"Neh." His other brothers agreed. 

 


NOW -- CURRENTLY 12:48 IN THE AFTERNOON

 

I put some white skinny jeans on and paired it of with a plain black t-shirt, brown ankle boots, a pink wool scarf,  and a navy blue parka that my brothers gave me for Christmas. I walked downstairs to get my phone that was charging in the living room. 

 

"Well, well, well. Aren't you a little dressed up."

 

"You excited? You said you're meeting at 2." Jay wiggled his brows at me and I gave him the bird in reply. 

 

"Wait, what mall are you going to? The closest we have to a mall is that supermarket near your school." Sanghyun said while clipping his toe nails. 

 

I stopped for a moment to think about what Sanghyun said. . He's right. Why do I have to live in such a desolated town?! I quickly grabbed my phone and saw texts from Bom and Seunghyun in our group chat. 

 

YAH! What kind of mall were you talking about?

 

Do they sell phones in the supermarket? 

 

Yeah, I didn't think that through. Are you guys all ready? Let's meet up at the supermarket and think about it there before Jiyong comes. 

 

Aisht, fine. You're lucky I dressed up early.

 

Bom-ah, what are you wearing? 

 

Why the hell would I tell you? You ert! 

 

I want to match with you~~~ <3 <3 <3

 

"Ugghh, how troublesome" I put my phone in my pocket and tied my hair in a messy bun. "I'm going now!" I kissed their cheeks and headed to the door.

 

"Why so early?" I heard Teddy yell from the living room. 

 

"We have to think about a plan before Jiyong comes!" I yelled back and slammed the door. 

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SO EARLY?!" Dara ran up to Jiyong who was just standing outside of the supermarket. Bom and Seunghyun were still out of sight. Dara pulled him inside since she was starting to tremble because of the cold air. 

 

"I got too excited so I asked abeoji to drop me off early." he smiled.

 

"What time did you get here exactly?" 

 

"Around 10? 10:30 or so?" he shrugged. 

 

"Are you out of your mind?" she bonked his head. "And you were just waiting outside in the cold?!" 

 

"I already told you, I'm not that cold." he pouted. 

 

"Aisht! So hopeless!" She removed her pink scarf and put it on his neck. This idiot was just wearing a t-shirt and an ped hoodie. Like hell did she think he wasn't cold!

 

"You need it more than I do." He was in the process of removing her scarf but she glared at him before he got a chance. 

 

"Remove that and I'll remove that head of yours too." 

 

"You really need to go to an anger management meeting, Dara-yah." Bom said in a serious tone. 

 

Dara looked behind Jiyong and found Seunghyun and Bom looking at them with huge smiles on their faces. Seunghyun was wearing a green trench coat, a white buttoned-up shirt, and a scarf. While Bom was wearing a dark red poncho along with some black leggings, a beanie, and hooker boots. 

 

"Why are you guys smiling?" Dara grimaced at the looks on their faces. 

 

"It's nice seeing one of us matching." Bom teased. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Look at yourself, then look at Jiyong. You're sporting the same color scheme." Seunghyun remarked. 

 

Dara scanned Jiyong with furrowed brows and she noticed him looking at her too. He was wearing a plain white shirt, brown pants, white sneakers, and a navy blue hoodie. Their eyes met when their eyes darted to one another's faces. They shared a good amount of silence before Dara draped her arm on his shoulders.

 

"I guess were best friends then, right Jiyong-ah?" she pinched his cheek and fixed her pink scarf. Jiyong just gave her a toothy smile, making Bom and Seunghyun's hearts flutter at the adorable sight. 

 

"So what's the plan?" Seunghyun interrupted Dara and Jiyong's staring session.

 

"Do they sell phones in here?" Jiyong asked and looked back to see the supermarket crawling with loud ahjummas. 

 

"No, but I was thinking that we should take a trip up at Haeundae. It's just an hour train ride from here. And plus we'll get more shopping done since the biggest store in the world is there." 

 

"I thought we were just buying Jiyong a phone?" Dara looked at her bemused. 

 

"Well if we're going to Haeundae, we might as well make the most of it!" Bom clapped. "Is everyone in?" 

 

Dara and Seunghyun agreed in a flash while Jiyong hesitated a little bit. They all looked at him, waiting for his answer. Jiyong sensed their stares and looked back at them worriedly.

 

"Are there a lot of people in there?" he asked almost in a mumble. 

 

They looked at him knowingly before smiling at him. "Don't worry, we'll be there." Dara patted his chest. 

 

"Don't worry, Jiyong-ah." Seunghyun put his finger on Jiyong's lips and whispered, "I'll protect you." 

 

Bom pushed Seunghyun's face away from Jiyong and gave him a thumbs up.

 

"So it's settled then! We're going to Haeundae!!!" 

 

 

______________________

 

 

"Is everything alright here?" A train stewardess went up to their seats and asked. 

 

"Yes, thank you for asking. We're alright here. No problems yet." Dara smiled at her. 

 

"Uhm, sir. Are you okay?" She said to Jiyong when she noticed that he was getting noticeably irritated and fidgety. 

 

"I'm fine." he replied coolly.

 

"Are you su----"

 

"I SAID I'M FINE." he unintentionally boomed, getting all the attention from the rest of the passengers. 

 

"O-o-o-kay. I. I'll be going then. Call me if you need anything." the stewardess sped off with tears b in her eyes. The rest of his friends gave him a 'what-the-' look and Jiyong just hid his face in embarrassment. 

 

"What's up, buttercup?" Seunghyun chimed. 

 

"Yah, why did you have to shout? Now you got everyone looking at us funny." Dara cooed and rubbed Jiyong's arm. He then leaned on her shoulder while still covering his face. 

 

"Jiyong-ah, just breathe. We're right here. Now need to go terrorizing innocent civilians." Bom joked and comforted him by brushing her shoe against his leg. What a good way of comforting someone. 

 

"There's going to be more people once we reach Haeundae! Let's go back before we're too late!" he whined under his breath.

 

"It's already too late, Jiyong. I can already see the train station from here." Dara patted his shoulder as she looked to the window. 

 

"Now arriving at Haeundae. Please remain seated before the train comes to a complete stop." An automated voice announced. 

 

"Wahhh, there's so many people! I can't even see the floor." Seunghyun squished his face to the window.

 

"Daraaaaaaaaaa." 

 

"Way to make him more afraid, idiot." Bom smacked his head. 

 

Dara cupped the teary-eyed Jiyong and smiled at him. "Good you're not crying. Now c'mon, let's get out of here." 

 

"Daaarrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa."

 

She held out his hand to him and Jiyong looked at it like he's never seen it before. 

 

"Here." she wiggled her fingers. "Let's go." 

 

He hesitantly took her hand and off they went out of the train. Seunghyun was right. The station was packed full of people. There was almost no room to breathe since all of their bodies were smushed together. It was definitely harder for D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter