Seoul Struggles

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA

 

 

The five of us silently sat at a café in Seoul, just waiting for the throng of nerds crowding the notice board outside Seoul National University to die down. The clanks of our coffee mugs and the quiet slurps coming from us enveloped the table we were sitting at. 

 

"Look at that group over there! They look famous! Are they actors or idols?" 

 

I glanced at the direction of the voice. Behind my tinted sunglasses I could see most of the people inside the shop looking at us expectantly like we were a bunch of animals in the zoo. I saw some girls eyeing Jiyong. They were calling out to him and waving at him. Feeling a little threatened by their attempts to get him to look at them, I drew circles on his nape and he giggled away from me. I peeked over to them again and saw them huffing in annoyance.

 

Pffftt, I won't even let you try.

 

I hid my smirk with my hand and took my shades off. I heard gasps and saw people looking at me in awe. Heh. Of course they would. I gave them a slight nod and smiled at them. 

 

"I still can't believe you guys did some hanky panky in front of a freaking five year old." Bom said, not caring about the fact that SHE SAID IT OUT LOUD AND IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. 

 

The people looked at us disgustedly and continued about their business. The guys who were ogling at me earlier were now giving me call-me signs and I gave them the middle finger. How long did my poise last, you might ask? I think I maintained it for a good 9 minutes before Bom started speaking with that big mouth of hers. 

 

"Look, even Choi is traumatized." Youngbae sipped his coffee and pointed at the guy across from him.

 

Seunghyun had a very distant look in his eyes as he stared straight at his coffee. His elbows were on his knees and he was tapping his foot incessantly. "You were like that..." He raised two fingers on each hand, not blinking. He then started circling his fingers in mid-air, making Youngbae choke on his coffee. "And you were like this..." He then opened his fist and closed it continuously in front of us.

 

All of them laughed at him and I could feel myself shriveling up in embarrassment. I looked to my right and saw Jiyong laughing at him too. I pinched his side and he just rubbed my back while trying to stifle his laughter. 

 

"Aren't you embarrassed?!" I half yelled, half whispered at him. 

 

"Why would I be embarrassed of showing people how much we love each other?" He smirked and puckered his lips playfully at me. 

 

Jiyong has officially become a in my eyes.

 

A in my eyes that I want in me. 

 

"HOLY . I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!" Seunghyun suddenly screamed and went off to the bathroom. 

 

"You are disgusting. Can't you see people are eating in here?" Bom smacked my arm. 

 

I looked at her confusedly and widened my eyes in realization.

 

Did I just say that out loud? 

 

No, but your eyes did, you . 

 

I didn't know you wanted me that much, Dara-ah. I'll remember to lock the door next time, arasso? 

 

I slapped the back of Jiyong's head as I started to feel my face becoming hot. He just snickered at me and toyed with my hand and I just let him. I'm angry but I'm not gonna let my chances of him touching me get taken away by my agitation. I am a refined lady that has class, just so you know. 

 

He suddenly began playing with my middle finger and rubbing his fingers on it... up and down. I tried to look away. Believe me, I did. I tried. But I just couldn't. His hold on it started to tighten and he rubbed it even faster. I looked at him wide eyed and saw him just nonchalantly whistling while avoiding my eyes. I looked back down on my lap and noticed that he started to slow down. 

 

"Dara." I heard him whisper in my ear. "Look."

 

His fingers went on the tip of mine and he started to shake it away from it. My already widened eyes just got wider. I looked up at him and saw him biting his lips at me playfully.

 

Lord Jesus, save me from sin. What have I done to get this pure, pure angel into a y devil? 

 

I hanged my mouth open and he my lips mischievously making me freeze on my spot. 

 

"Yah, Jiyong-ah she's already had enough. You're torturing her." Bom threw a napkin at him and I just continued gawking at him.

 

He laughed again at my dazed state and closed my mouth. He gave me a quick peck before patting my cheek. I snapped out of my reverie and found him casually sipping his drink while his arms was draped around my waist. 

 

"Wait how did you do that?" Youngbae asked with furrowed brows. 

 

"D-do w-wha-t." I stuttered, trying to calm myself from what just happened. 

 

"You were talking... but not talking.... You were looking at each other and you were doing brow and eye expressions. I saw it!" 

 

We all looked at him amusedly and focused on his eyes. 

 

You mean like this?

 

"What the was that?!" He shouted while cleaning his ears in a panic. 

 

We're talking to you Youngbae-ah.

 

He flinched on his spot and clutched his heart. Man, he is really not digging this telepathic communication thing. 

 

"How did you do that?" he repeated. 

 

Bom made him face her. "You look at the person you want to talk to straight in the eye. Focus on them. Really hard. And make sure they're looking at you."

 

If your connection and focus are strong enough you can send them a message through your mind. 

 

L-like t-t-t-his?

 

Yup, good job. Now try it on the others.

 

Youngbae hesitantly looked at Dara and Jiyong and made a face that looked like he was in the middle of taking a huge . 

 

You look like you're about to yourself. 

 

Relax, Youngbae-ah. 

 

"I can't do this!" Youngbae slammed his hands on the table and panted vehemently. "This right here is some voodoo . I'm not dealing with that. Uh uh, I'm just gonna stick with a phone, like a normal person." 

 

"Suit yourself." I shrugged. 

 

We saw Seunghyun walking back to our table with a grim aura surrounding him. His footsteps were heavy and the look in his eyes were somber-looking. He quietly sat down an took a huge swig of his drink. He then slammed his mug on the table and looked at Jiyong and I with squinted eyes. 

 

"You guys are crazy." He pointed at us accusingly. 

 

I looked over at Jiyong and found him smirking at me. Aisht, I can never get a break from this guy. I was about to punch his chest when he suddenly took my fist and placed it on his neck. The anger in my eyes were replaced with a want. I wanted to feel him more. To taste him. 

 

His lips were hovering over mine, seemingly tempting me to take it right there and there. I gulped at him and he just gave me a sensual look, his hot breath fanning my drying lips. 

 

"O-kay, let's get your hand out of there." Bom grabbed my hand and put it on the table. "And let's get you to focus on here." She moved my head and made me face her. 

 

"The tables have turned, I see." Seunghyun said. "Back then you were the one teasing him. Now he's the one doing it, only stronger." He shook his head while giving me a smug smile. 

 

"Karma, I guess. Sandara's become Jiyong's ."

 

"I AM NO ONE'S !" I stood up and slammed my hands on the table. 

 

"Dara-ah." Jiyong said softly and put his hand on the small of my back. 

 

Then he trailed that godforsaken hand on the upper part of my . I quickly swatted his hand off and sat beside Bommie, I glared at him and he would continue to look at me with his persistent smirks. I hid my face on Bommie's neck and silently cursed to myself. Why the hell am I so easy?! I could feel Bom petting my hair and a round of laughter from the table. 

 

Goddamn Jiyong. 

 

"The nerds are dispersing. Do you guys wanna go now?" I heard Youngbae say. 

 

I looked at the window saw that the nerds were starting to scatter. Most had scowls on their faces while some where jumping for joy. 

 

"Do you think we made it in?" Jiyong asked, his eyes still glued on the people outside.

 

"Of course I did, I am after all the smartest here." Seunghyun looked at us conceitedly. 

 

"I know you three will get in." Bom pointed at Jiyong, Seunghyun, and I. "I'm not sure if me and Youngbae'll get in." 

 

"I'll get in." Youngb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter