Young Couple

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

DARA

 

 

I was busily cleaning up an empty table when a familiar tattooed hand rested on a dirty spot that I was about to clean up. I didn't look up and just continued cleaning the rest of the table.

 

"You do know that you just put your hand on top of a stain?"

 

I didn't hear a reply from him. From the corner of my eye, I could see him taking a seat on the booth that I was tidying up. He took the hand that I was leaning on for support and interlocked it with his.

 

I finally look up to him and saw him distractedly fiddling with our interlaced hands.

 

"What do you want?"

 

He glanced at me and kissed the back of my hand.

 

"You."

 

We shared a good and loving amount of eye contact. He would smile at me from time to time and I would smile back while still taking out that godforsaken stain that he was blocking earlier. But when I saw him inching my finger to his mouth, I flicked his forehead and he pouted at me. I rubbed that angel-like pout out off his face and eyed the girls who were 'aww'-ing at him.

 

"Aigoo! Is this the infamous boyfriend that keeps bugging you, Dara-ah?" A manly voice from behind me spoke and draped his heavy arm on my small- shoulders. 

 

"I do it for love." Jiyong chimed in.

 

"Ah, neh." I gave him a side-glance and saw Jiyong staring at me. I then suddenly felt myself starting to blush.

 

Why does this have to happen now?! Control yourself, Dara-yah! He just said that he's your boyfriend. I've been saying that all the time but why does it sound nicer when other people say it?  Aisht, now I have to do my military training for camouflage again. 

 

Stop blushing, Dara!

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

The two men looked at her teasingly. She was obviously trying to avoid them since she kept looking down while hiding her face under her hair. She made use of her hair so much that she ended up like that scary chick, Sadako. God, that girl gives me the creeps. 

 

The burly-looking man cautiously parted the hair away from her face giving Jiyong a front row seat for admiring the reason why he felt like the luckiest man in the world. He gave the burly man a slight nod and he carefully let go of her hair and went off into the bar area. A part of her hair had already fallen over her face while another part was being held up by Jiyong. Dara was too busy cleaning an unruly stain that she failed to notice the warm smile that he was giving her. She failed to notice how his eyes traced every curve and inch of her face. She failed to notice how his heart beat loudly just by looking at her. And she failed to notice how she had made him happy so effortlessly. 

 

She would have noticed only if she looked up. 

 

"Dara-ah, could you help me here for a minute?" The guy from earlier by the name of Jun Pyo, called out. 

 

"Yeah, I'll be right there." She replied. 

 

Dara absentmindedly brushed her hair back and put it up in a pony tail. She put her cleaning towel in her serving trolley and was about to head to the bar area when he remembered a certain someone. 

 

She momentarily stayed rooted on her spot while staring at him and Jiyong could just raise his brows at her, confused. She suddenly put her hands on his shoulders and gave him a lingering kiss on the lips, earning loud gasps from the female customers. She moved her lips excruciatingly slowly and Jiyong groaned at her pace, but nonetheless he loved every second of it. When he tried to put his tongue in, Dara playfully bit it and ended the kiss much to his dismay. 

 

"Don't get ahead of yourself, babe." She whispered on the corner of his mouth. "You know what that does to me and may I remind you that we're in public." 

 

"You will really be the death of me." He mumbled huskily. 

 

She smirked at him and straightened up. Jiyong was looking at her disappointedly, looking clearly unsatisfied. She jokingly scowled at him and flicked his forehead again. 

 

"Aigoo, I'm so scared at how different you've become, Jiyong-ah. Where's the innocent flower boy?" 

 

"Where in the city now, Dara." He bit his lip and chuckled. "This cold city guy needs someone to warm him up." 

 

"Dara!" Jun Pyo called out again. 

 

She looked back at Jiyong and gave him a slight slap on the face. He becomes so... weird at the most random times. She eyed him and he looked back at her with an innocent pout. "Behave now, arasso?" she ordered while wiping the pout off of his lips. "My shift ends at 15. Wait there and just give everyone your death stare." 

 

"W-why do you want---"

 

"Everyone's looking at you." 

 

He suddenly tensed up and looked at the entirety of the restaurant. She was right. Everyone was looking at him. Due to his rising nervousness, his forehead naturally formed a crease and his eyes started to turn cold. The people began to cower at his piercing glare and just went on with their own businesses. Dara couldn't help but to look at him apologetically. He was good earlier but now he's back to being feared. But the good thing was that his stare fended off a lot of the girls ogling at him.

 

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek snapping him off to his low-key mental breakdown. 

 

"Love you." She pinched his nose and raced off to where Jun Pyo was. 

 

Jiyong was stunned for a moment. He was still not used to her saying 'I love you' to him. But it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was more of like.. a pleasant surprise that takes you off guard. Ever since he kept bugging her about replying back to his 'I love you's', she would gradually get annoyed and reply back with a blush. Now that he's done it so much, he doesn't even need to annoy her anymore. Heck, he wasn't even the one that said the 'L' word first just earlier. He knew that Dara was having a hard time using that word so it really meant a lot to him that she was the one who said it first. 

 

He sighed contentedly at his spot while gazing at Dara from the bar area. 

 

It has been almost a month since they moved to Seoul and there was only a week left until school starts. The three plebeians were able to find themselves a job in no time. Bom got a job as a sales clerk in a department store. Seunghyun got a job as a male stripper.... Ani, I'm just joking. He got a job as a part-time kindergarten helper. Talk about danger right there. And Dara got a job at a butler-themed café as a janitor. Servers in her job are strictly male only, and she can't work in the kitchen because she's bound to set up a disaster. At least she was good at cleaning..? Kind of... only when she gets paid though. 

 

At first, Jiyong was heavily opposed to her working at a male-dominated workplace. He admits that the servers there were pretty so-so, but he was definitely more handsome than all of them. Dara assured him that she would be fine, saying that tall and muscular men aren't her type. She would commend them for their figure but that was as far as it goes. Jiyong on the other hand doesn't know how to react. She basically just indirectly attacked him. He was tall, but not as tall as the servers in the café. He was lean and well-built but not as muscle-y as those macho men. Does she like average-sized and weak-looking guys then? He could just shrug at the idea and just be lucky that Dara was immune to the male pheromones that they were exuding. 

 

There were a total of 7 servers, including the owner Jun Pyo, but he would often just stand by the bar or help Dara. The café was named '2pm'.  The reason? Apparently, Jun Pyo got this epiphany of making a butler café at 2 pm, and thus the name 2pm was born. Jiyong made sure that these servers don't do anything funny with Dara. He has been observing their actions with her ever since she landed the job. The undeniably hot-looking servers consisted of Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Chansung, Jun K, Junho, and Taecyeon. Dara's brother, Jay, said that they were his best buds when they were in college and assured him that they were completely harmless. It was actually Jay that recommended her for this job knowing that nothing bad will happen to her here. Jay said that they've known Dara ever since she was young so they treat her like a little sister. But Jiyong's still keeping a very close eye on all of them using his eagle eyes and tiger senses. 

 

"Why do I always see you loitering around here? Don't you have a life?" Taecyeon gave Jiyong a rough pat on the back while chuckling at the same time. 

 

Oh yeah, Nichkhun and Taecyeon were from the states just like he was so they use English and act all high and mighty because they can. 

 

Nichkhun flicked Taecyeon's ear and he winced. "Just be thankful that you're not working at Starbucks where your art degree belongs." 

 

"Hey guys... I don't think this is a good time for arguments.. There are c-c-customers around." Jiyong tried to pacify both of them. 

 

And of course they didn't listen. I blame Jay's influence. 

 

Taecyeon bumped his chest to Nichkhun's  and said, "Do you wanna go, mate?" 

 

"You don't even have to ask."

 

"Do you have money?" 

 

"No why?"

 

"I need to buy some eggs."

 

"Oh damn, I only have spare change for the bus. Sorry."

 

"No, it's fine. I'll just ask Dara." 

 

"Yah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter