Sweet and Tangy [Dami - Jay]

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Italicized lines may mean that they're flashbacks or snippets from Dami or Jay's letters. Watch out for the context, guys. 

 

 

 

 

Tsundere - a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. 

 

 

_________________________________

 

 

DAMI

 

 

It was a year ago when I met him. It was a week after that when I started writing to him. It took 3 months until I finally got a reply. And it took me 5 months and a whole lot of sleepless nights, distant looks, and self-reflections until I finally decided to ask him...

 

Can I get your number, jackass?

 

It took him 2 days to respond. 

 

Sure, it's 010-8461-XXXX. I'll just wait for you to text me then. 

 

My letters started as a way to harass him and piss him off because he was a complete nutcase that lacks human decency. It was a way for me to entertain myself. He was the one who first called me a anyway. It's only natural if I take revenge... but 10 times worse because why not.

 

Dara would tell me how frustrated he would always get when he gets my letters and I would imagine what his face would look like. I don't know why but his smiling face always irks me. Why was he always so happy? Was he intoxicated or something? Had a little too much perhaps? 

 

It took him a long time to reply but when he did, I almost stopped writing letters. 

 

I legitimately don't know who you are and I'm not really planning to find out. I don't know why you keep sending me such hateful letters and calling me horrible names. I don't know how you know the people and things going on around me. I'm asking you nicely to stop but if you won't then I guess I just have to live with it. If I have ever done something to upset you then I apologize. I must have done something really bad to make you do this to me. If sending these letters help you relieve stress then it's fine by me. But please don't talk about just me and how much of a gigantic puss I am in this day and age. Why not talk about yourself. Use this as a means to vent all your worries or problems and I'll gladly listen. If you're writing these letters purely because you despise me then I would rather not entertain you anymore. I don't even know why I'm writing this. I would rather make a friend out of you than an enemy. You must be really bored and lonely if you're keeping up with this. 

I hope you find your happiness because right now, you're letters are making me feel the opposite. 

 

Who would've thought that this drug addict would speak so eloquently and respectfully? This guy is just full of surprises. 

 

Hahaha

 

Heh. 

 

Hmm. 

 

I didn't respond to him. What's the point? The only thing that's gonna come out of my mouth are disses anyway. Damn, I thought that this was fun. Find my happiness, my . I was happy up until you called me out and made me feel like an . I stopped writing letters all together and I didn't bother telling Dara. She's probably busy anyway.

 

I already quit my job a few months ago and now I was free to work as a full-time tattoo artist now. But somehow I don't have the energy to be productive. I didn't bother going out of the house because I simply didn't want to. I am what they call an introvert. I prefer a quiet atmosphere than a noisy one. Maybe that's why I hate his guts. He just screams 'natural catastrophe'. 

 

It's been a month already since I stopped harassing him and I've been stuck in the house all day long. Sometimes I play with Minzy when she's done with her home schooling but she's too young to understand some things that come out of my mouth. 

 

That was the most boring time of my life. 

 

But then one day, I got a surprise letter from Mr. Innocent in disguise.

 

Are you really going to stop this? Do you really not have anything to talk about instead of me being a bastard? 

To be honest, I don't want you stop... but I do want you to tone it down. 

You're actually really witty and your name calls are quite unique. I like surrounding myself with people who make me smile and I can't not say that you didn't make me laugh with your very expressive writing. 

But if this is the end then let this serve as a closure. I'm really sorry for what I did to you. I have no idea what I did but I'm really sorry.

I wish you well.

Goodbye.  

 


You're such a jackass. Making me feel all guilty and . Such an move, Jay. 

Fine, I admit that I did go overboard sometimes but your whack- self deserves it. 

I'll try to restrain myself since you're so desperate. 

Thanks for the compliments though. Way to make me blush like a teenage girl. 

 

Well this pen-pal thing blossomed to something weird. I mean I'm talking to him... almost everyday. We were still using the old-fashioned way of letter writing because we were a bunch of classy people. He didn't seem to mind that we talk like this and I just do this because it makes me less bored. We do it handwritten too and let me say, his penmanship was surprisingly nice and clean. The only downside to this was that we were limited to writting or one letter a day. If I would write to him today, I would have to wait until tomorrow until I get his reply. Thankfully the post service was relatively fast. This was way better than getting one letter a week. 

 

Back to why this feels weird to me...

 

We make a adult conversation but sometimes it borderlines immaturity. He sounds so different when he's writing. He would often avoid swearing and talk like a normal person that doesn't have something up their . I kinda can't take him seriously because of this. Can you believe that I took him more seriously when he's out there frolicking like a retard and making very inappropriate jokes and euphemisms? 

 

We would talk about different things, some was as simple as a 'how was your day?", 'what are you doing', and things like that. Jay would always try to divulge sensitive topics out of me though. When I blurted out that I was alone and bored, he suddenly asked me about my childhood. Where am I? In Dr. Phil? Of course I didn't answer. Why would I? He would probably use it against me when he knows that it's me writing him. I would around with the fact that he doesn't know it was me and just mentally laugh at him. 

 

So your name' s Dami? Are you a guy or a girl? 

 

Are we in Omegle? Why bother? I'm not gonna show my face to you anyway. 

 

Wrong. I've already shown my face multiple times to him and he acts so different in real life. Sometimes I visit their house just to spite him and see the difference between Letter Jay and Real Jay. I would often ask his brothers if he was always like this and they would always give me an apologetic 'yes' in response. I've gotten pretty close to the rest of his brothers too. They told me that Jay has been a big ball of unnecessary energy since they could ever remember. They also said that he got his 'radiating positivity' from their dad and his shameless mouth from their mom. They showed me a family picture and I guess I know where Dara got her innocent face from. They had the photo hidden beneath a pile of books and I kinda understand why they had to put it in such a troublesome place. Jay once told me that Dara had a bad memory of her parents that she still hasn't gotten over yet. I really can't do anything though since they said that she was really sensitive about the topic. Oh well, I'll just focus on this disgusting human being. 

 

Sometimes Jay would vent about me (the real life one) in his letters. 

 

Why are you even bothering yourself with her if you hate her so much? 

 

I don't know why that sounded so bitter in my head. 

 

I don't know but there was something about her that I didn't like. Maybe it was because she always looked at me like I did something wrong even though I didn't. When I first saw her, she just screamed negativity with the way we met each other's eyes. I haven't really seen her looking at me normally. She always looked so angry. I don't like people like that. I remember unconsciously telling her that I didn't like her and then we started this ridiculous feud. 

 

It was your fault anyway.

 

That's how I normally look, assface! It's not my fault that my eyes intimidate people or my brows naturally furrow! Let me tell you, that face get's worse once people get me on their bad side. And he got on my bad side first. What right do you have for blaming me?! This is victim blaming right here. We would've started off okay if he didn't go and call me a freaking . 

 

This guy even had the decency to fantasize about Jiyong on one of his letters. 

 

Since you know almost everything about me already, you probably know Jiyong too. I can't lie, I'm attracted to him. He has nice features and a good build. But the thing I like the most about him was his gentleness. The way he looks at Dara with those eyes just makes me want him to look at me like that too. He's also cute when I but Dara's way cuter when she gets all fired up because she' s jealous. 

 

I felt a little disappointed when I got that letter. Him talking about someone that he likes... especially if it's my brother kinda irritates me. I don't want him crushing on my brother. He's really taking out the fun put of this. 

 

I didn't know you were gay, Jay. Oh look at that, even your name rhymes with gay. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I should've known all along. Don't talk about him, it's weird. I don't like talking about crushes. I'm not in high school anymore. 

 

Excuse me. I'm biual. There's a difference. Unique personalities attract me no matter if it's a guy or a girl. You are such a homophobe. tsk. tsk. tsk. 

 

Unique personality, huh? I wouldn't say being an introvert was unique---wait. Why am I even thinking about that? Get a hold of yourself, Dami! Are you finally losing it?!

 

PFFFFT. Like I'll even give him the chance to have this. In his dreams. 

 

One day I decided to go to Seoul and visit my baby Jiyong. I had nothing better to do anyway and Jay told me that he's not gonna be able to reply for a few days because he's busy. Now that I think about it, the two of us never really talked about our jobs. Anyway, I heard that Jiyong was living with Seunghyun and I could just pity him for having to tolerate that weird, weird boy. He's like a Jay but less handsome annoying. 

 

I was definitely surprised when Dara greeted me on the door. Oversized white shirt, Jiyong's boxers, and no bra on? I only about me liking her to spite Jiyong. Angry and jealous Jiyong was so amusing. But her looking like that in front of me... Jiyong's a lucky man. 

 

When I saw Jiyong shuffling around on the 2nd floor and saw our eyes meet, I just had to do it. I moved my hands on Dara's back and looked at her with my Kwon eyes. I know she's weak to that. She shuddered in my touch and I unconsciously let out a smirk when I saw Jiyong who was only wearing a pair of pants, running towards us with a face that could kill. Dongsaeng is so cute! He even told Dara to wear something boring because he didn't want me to look at her funny. When she went to change, he told me that they were now living together. Damn, Jiyong moves fast. Even noona wasn't on that level yet. He must be really serious about her. 

 

I also reminded him about the DGC anniversary. We both groaned in our spots just thinking about how troublesome it'll be. Last year when I was still an employee, I almost fell asleep while giving my own speech in front of everybody. Man, it was soooo boring. Youngbae's parents weren't there so the place was really dead. They usually get things going because they're a bunch of party animals, totally different from their son I might add. We just hope that we don't get a personal reminder about the party. Personal reminder = be there or get you're kicked. 

 

After Dara got dressed as a nun with almost everything covered, she suggested that we terrorize her workplace. I mean how could I say no to that? When we reached a crowded part of Seoul, I felt excited all of the sudden. I chose to be inside most of my life but now that I'm really in the thick of it, I can't help but gasp and point at weird that I would find in the streets. I felt like that Disney chick, Jasmine seeing a whole new world. For once I finally shoved my introverted whines going on in my head and explored that suffocatingly crowded area. But I stopped when I saw him kneeling on the ground while saving someone's life. 

 

"Jay is a doctor." Dara answered on his behalf. 

 

That guy was a doctor? That tattooed and intoxicated-looking man was a doctor?!?! Well, what do you know... Dara told me that he was very professional when he works and acts softly towards his patients to get them to be comfortable with him so that he can do his job. 

 

Maybe that's why he writes so calmly in his letters... He's probably treating me like one of his patients...  I really don't know anything about this guy anymore. 

 

"What is this hag doing in here?" he sassily snapped his fingers at her.

 

And now were back to being enemies. He would often write things on his letters that would make me feel that he cares about me.

 

Have you been sleeping properly? Don't stay up late, arasso? It's not good for your health. Drink some tea before you go to sleep, it usually helps me. 

 

But that's just a fantasy that I put on myself. I should've stopped this when I had the chance. 

 

"Unnie, be careful now. Jay doesn't usually let himself be consumed by this type of . But now that he's writing back..." Dara smirked. "I suggest that you don't tell him you're a girl because he might go and fall for you." 

 

What did she mean that he might fall for me? Now that I think about it, why did he even answer in the first place? He's just making it really hard for me right now. ing asshat. Why did he even write back? Why did he make me feel like I'm a part of his life? Why was he confusing me? 

 

Dami received a letter but she was surprised to see it some with a package. She opened it up and looked at the container confusedly. She opened the letter and read it with a smile across h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter