A Bunch of Activities in One Day

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


DARA

 

"Where have you been Dara-ah? They already started."

 

I gave Chaerin an awkward smile before apologizing to her for being late. 

 

I saw Bom and Seunghyun dragging the dazed Jiyong to our team's area.

 

Bom kept glaring at me while protectively holding on to Jiyong. While Seunghyun kept covering his smug-looking smile with his fingers. 

 

Bom was right. What the just happened earlier? 

 

I would kiss my little cousins on the cheek to stop them from crying or throwing tantrums. But why did I kiss him on the lips...? 

 

And why didn't he stop me and end up kissing me back? 

 

My mind wandered over to the events from earlier. The thought of it sent tingles all over my body and made me unbelievably warm. 


What the ?

 

"Dara-ssi." I felt someone touch my shoulder and I looked back to see Mrs. Baek. "You're needed at the front." 

 

I nodded to her and went through the crowds of people and up to the stage. My mind was still pre-occupied about what happened earlier that I didn't notice that I was being pulled down to sit in a badly decorated throne in the middle of the stage. 

 

In the corner of my eye, I could see Jiyong being hauled by Seunghyun up the stage. There was a clear annoyance and a hint of nervousness on his face, and I'm guessing it's because he was feeling uncomfortable because of the people.

 

Seunghyun pushed him to me all of the sudden making him fall down to my lap. I looked down at him but he didn't meet my gaze. I slightly lowered my head so that I could reach his ear. I couldn't even hear myself very well since the students kept shouting nonsensical words that I couldn't even understand.

 

"Do you know what's going on?"

 

He looked at me for a second before hurrying over to sit on the seat beside me. He was looking straight ahead with his piercing eyes. I was about to call out for him but the principal suddenly took a hold of our hand and raised it up which made us stand up as well. 

 

"Listen up!" she said. "You guys have voted Dara-ssi and Jiyong-ssi to be one of your prizes." 

 

Jiyong and I looked at each other with wide eyes. 

 

YAH! What the hell is going on?!

 

I.. I.. I don't know!

 

I looked over to the crowd and saw Seunghyun howling like a deranged animal while shooting us hearts. On the other hand, Bom was done with her face and now she was giving us teasing looks. 

 

"Whoever gets the MVP award will win a day with either Dara-ssi or Jiyong-ssi." she announced and everyone rejoiced. 

 

Is this really happening right now? 

 

Are we really being ed right now? 

 

I uncomfortably smiled to the crowd and they cheered as if South Korea had just been named the best country ever. I peeked over to Jiyong and saw him looking at me seriously. A little too serious, in fact. 

 

"I'm going to win."

 

The principal hurriedly put the mic just below his chin and he didn't seem to notice. The whole campus became quiet all of the sudden and I peeked over to see that they were looking at Jiyong intently. 

 

"I'm going to win" he repeated while staring at me. "And I'll take you." 

 

The entirety of the school erupted in loud shrieks and squeals. I saw people jumping up and down and hugging each other, and others fainting from their spot. 

 

Take me? 

 

Why does that sound so wrong? 

 

Even though I felt a little uncomfortable with his choice of words, I felt a sense of relief when he said that he'll win. 

 

But this is just so ing ridiculous. 

 

I looked at him with an obvious scowl on my face. I didn't even hide it anymore. I let everyone know how I don't like the idea of this. 

 

"Omo! she looks so cute!" 

 

"I AM SO GOING TO WIN!"

 

"Wait for me, my darling!" 

 

"Alright. Settle down!" The principal said over the mic. 

 

"Since we're done with each team's chants. We will officially start the sports festival!" 

 

"YEAH!!!!" 

 

They all started to scatter around and go to their team areas. Jiyong and I, along with a few teachers, were left on the stage. I bowed at them before pulling Jiyong with me out of the stage. I took us to the back of the stage where no one would see us. 

 

I slammed my hand on the wall, just inches away from his face. But he didn't flinch, instead he just smirked at me. 

 

Oh what I would do to wipe that smirk off of your handsome face. 

 

"Why did you do that?!" 

 

"Do what?"

 

He then draped his arms on my waist but I pinched his arm back to his side. 

 

"You told them that you'll take me! What does that mean?! Are you planning to take me take me?!"

 

"What does that mean?" 

 

Aigoo, this . 

 

"Aisht, you just made people misunderstand again! Now people think that were a thing or something." 

 

He put a strand of my her behind my ear and suddenly took hold of my hand.

 

Aisht, Is this idiot even listening?

 

He then put my hand over his mouth and I felt him giving it light kisses. I was about to snatch my hand away but he held on it tighter and then rested it on the side of his still-drenched neck. 

 

"Holy , you sure sweat a lot." 

 

"What if I want them to think that we're a thing?" 

 

I stopped for a moment and looked at him with furrowed brows. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Dara-ah! Where are you? Dara!" I heard Chaerin call out for me. 

 

"I.. I'm here, Chaerin." I yelled not tearing my eyes off from him who also did the same. 

 

I heard her footsteps getting closer. She was saying something but I was too fixed on figuring out what the hell he meant about what he said earlier. 

 

Wait for me. 

 

I felt myself being dragged out and into the open. The crease on my forehead just got deeper as I continued to look at his serious face. He then turned back and walked in the opposite direction. 

 

"I WILL!" I found myself yelling. 

 

He stopped for a second and looked back at me with a huge grin on his face. He tried to hide it by hovering his hand over it, but I could still see his smile in his eyes. The sight unconsciously made me smile too and before I knew it, I was already back at the stage again. 

 

She sat me on the ugly-looking throne and told me to just watch the show and I willingly obliged since that meant that I don't have to do . They started with an obstacle course race, and Jiyong was in one of the line-ups. 

 

"Look at those tattoos." someone said in my ear. 

 

I jumped in my seat due to shock and glowered at Bom's grinning face. 

 

"Did you do this?"I pointed at myself and at the throne. 

 

"Nope. It was the SC that did this." she sat on the other throne beside me.

 

"Why wasn't I informed? And when did this happen?"

 

Bom gave me a shrug and pointed at the tall awkward-looking alien that was making a disgusted face when he was inside that mud cesspool. And I made a mental note to kill Seunghyun later.  

 

"They knew that you won't approve. And plus, this is a great way to motivate everyone. I haven't seen them this enthusiastic since the school's electricity shut down last year."

 

I slumped on my chair and nursed my head which was feeling an oncoming headache. I heard a loud bang signaling the start of the game. I saw Jiyong plow through the course as if it wasn't even hard. The course looked like a freaking military training course for Christ' sake. There was that mud-pool thing that you had to go down on, there were monkey bars, and all types of . Why do they have to start off with the hardest one? This is why most of the people in this school hate this 'festival'. 

 

"But Bommie-ahhhhh" I whined. "What if some ert wins?" 

 

"Is Jiyong a ert?"

 

"What?"

 

"Well, we all know Jiyong's gonna win." 

 

"And how the do you know that?" 

 

"Gurllll." she looked at me while shaking her head sideways like those sass masters. "Have you seen him in P.E.?" 

 

"Yeah?"

 

She suddenly slapped me in the arm and I growled at her. 

 

"He doesn't even break a sweat in P.E.." 

 

"He looks sweaty now." 

 

We both looked at him and he was already practically drenched. It was like he had a personal rain cloud and the rain would just continually pour on his baby- skin. Another loud bang was heard, signaling that someone had already finished the course. In just 2 minutes or so, he had already finished the whole thing. This obstacle course that was meant to last a good 10 minutes, he finished in 2. Mr. Han raised his arm as a sign for winning. He got a yellow ribbon for winning first place and he tied it to his upper arm. His white shirt was practically see-through since he was so drenched with sweat. God, he must smell disgusting. 

 

We also saw girls from the sidelines shrieking at him and holding up banners. Geez, where's the shame gone? 

 

Bom kept teasing me and corrupting my head with ridiculous thoughts and I kept flicking her face away from me. But then we both stopped when we saw Jiyong doing something... indecent.. ? 

 

He started to wipe the sweat on his forehead with the hem of his shirt, exposing his abs and a little tattoo that he had above his belly button. Despite being far away, I could see everything. And I mean everything. He then removed it completely but he was having a hard time since it was so sticky. He raked his hair with his hands to get the muck off of it. I could see him glancing up at our direction and I think I just heard someone's ovaries explode from the back. I glanced down to try to calm my own ovaries. 

 

Please forgive me for my sins.

 

"YAH JIYONG-SSI! PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON!" The principal shouted over the mic. 

 

He threw his shirt somewhere and the girls hurriedly swarmed the poor drench shirt that was filled with man-stank. He then looked at our principal coolly with his head slightly tilted back. His body glistened under the bright, hot sun.

 

It looked beautiful. 

 

He looked beautiful.

 

So beautiful that it was offensive.

 

"Do you want me to die

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter