Eclipse [TOP-Bom]

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

BOM

 

 

"If it beeped then I'm probably not there. Just call again if it's important enough or just leave a message. If this is Seunghyun, then you better not leave something erted on my voicemail, ARASSO?!"

 

*BEEEEEP*

 

"Yo, Bommie-ah. I don't think I'll be able to come with you tomorrow, I got called in for work. So, uhm... uh... just text or call me back when you get this.... I wanna hear your voice. *coughs* Yeah, that's pretty much it. Call me. What underwear are you wearing by the way? kekekekeke I'm just kidding. Good night." 

 

"BEEP... BEEP... BEEP"

 

"What kind of school makes you work on the weekend?" I slumped down on the bed and turned off the lamp beside me. "Aigoo, I'm tired." 

 

I was still wearing my work uniform but I didn't have anymore energy to get dressed out of it. The clock said that it was already 2 in the morning but my mind refused the idea of sleep. Believe me, my whole body was exhausted but my stupid brain was wide awake. It felt like I had just drunk a gallon of coffee. God, this must be what Dara feels everyday. That drinks like 4 cups of coffee a day but thankfully Jiyong made her stop because of the baby.

 

Hmm. It must be nice having a baby, being a family and all. I can tell that Dara and Jiyong's relationship grew deeper because of it. They look really happy too. 

 

*RING* *RING* *RING*

 

My landline kept ringing but I stayed in bed. I'm too tired for that . I'll just leave it for tomorrow. Wait, who the hell is calling at 2 in the morning? I angled my head to the phone. It was blinking incessantly, seemingly tempting me to take it. I let out a big breath and lazily pushed myself up. This better be ing worth my time. I took my time walking to the phone, not even caring if I miss it or not. My hand was already on the phone, ready to pick it up, but it stopped ringing and the answering machine went off. I stood there with my hand still hovering on top of the phone. 

 

"It's me again." 

 

Seunghyun. 

 

"I'm just calling to check up on you.. uhhh... to see if you got home safely. Remember those moves I thought you? Aim for the , arasso?" He chuckled with his low and groggy-sounding voice. "Oh, we didn't get to catch up that much today, did we? Dara today was so funny-- ani, Jiyong was funnier!" He laughed. "I can't believe she her spoon like that in front of all those people! Deer Dara is really going to make Jiyong bald! My poor baby."

 

I laughed with him. That was true, Jiyong is going to get bald from stress because of Dara. Today we got the ty one, and let me tell you, that girl really knows how to leave an impression. 

 

"They look really happy together." I could imagine him smiling at that and I smiled back. I sat on the floor and leaned my back on the side table where the phone was. "The kids today were cute and I almost beat one of them with that stupid race we always do. I mean why do I always lose?! I have longer, ier legs and they have small, stubby ones. Aigoo, and I was dead serious too but they always end up winning. Some witchcraft is involve in this, I can feel it in my gut." I shook my head and chortled. "At least Taeyeon gave me a cookie. She gave me the biggest one. Ho ho ho. And it was chocolate chip too!"

 

He sounds like a child.

 

A humorless laugh unintentionally escaped my mouth. He went on about his day in that stupid daycare and that stupid girl. Heol.. I thought he only has me in his eyes. That man is really frying my brain right now. I don't want to think anymore. I rested my head on my knees and hugged my legs. It was snowing when I walked home. I didn't have the heater on because it doesn't work anyway so I would only use blankets for warmth but they're too far away and I'm too ing tired to move a single inch. I let the cold chill envelop me as Seunghyun's one-sided conversation continued. I closed my eyes and finally felt sleep starting to elude me. 

 

"We're going on a field trip tomorrow to the Science museum down at Gwacheon... if you don't have anymore plans but you probably have -- I'll just try my luck -- come with us. Bring the others too if they want, wait why am I saying that to you? I'm gonna do it by myself. We're gonna have a partayyyy with those dope science gizmos and all that jazz. I'm going to ask Taeyeon... I don't think she'll mind. In fact, I think she'll be glad to see you guys!" There was a long pause and I shivered because a draft hit my bare feet. "It's cold now, isn't it." I stopped and blinked my eyes awake. "Bundle up tightly, alright. Take care of yourself... Good nigh -- oh , is it already morning?! I haven't even slept yet! I'll text you the details later, the field trip won't start until the afternoon. I'm going to go sleep now! LOVE YOU BOMMIE-AH!!!" He started making kissing noises over the phone and then it went dead. 

 

He loves me? Hmph, was it even true or was he just ing around? He probably is... Taeyeon is back. His first love. The love that he never got the chance to take but now it returned. It returned and I'm left cheering him on again. Cheering him on from the sidelines, like a used rag getting shoved on a cold, dark corner. I was just a substitute. Now that the original was back, I don't think I'm needed anymore. 

 

I need my blanket. I want to be warm. But I'm far too tired and I'm starting to drift off to sleep. I need to turn on the lights.. I need warmth. I need it badly. 

 

But for now, I'm stuck with the cold. Snuggled up in the darkness, I let my exhaustion take over me slept, huddled on the cool, secluded room. I could see the moon from the only window I had in this dump. It looked beautiful. A bright object surrounded by darkness. It somehow felt calming.

 

I heard that there was going to be an eclipse.

 

But it's the dangerous one. 

 

I have to cover my eyes. 

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

 

I gulped and stepped back. Uh oh, we got Cranky Dara today. I was standing outside of their front door while Dara was staring down at me menacingly. I looked over her shoulder and found Jiyong looking for something. When he looked to our direction, I mentally told him to get his cute over here so he could save me from my doom. He got the message and jogged towards us. 

 

"Nice seeing you, Bom-ah!" He hugged her by the back and he secured it by holding on to his hands. Dara was trying to slither out off him but his firm hold was stopping her. "What brings you here?" He smiled, not minding if she was hitting his chin. 

 

"Did Seunghyunnie give send you the details already?" I asked, entering their house -- well, Jiyong's family's house. It was a bit messy. There were some throw pillows on the floor as well as used tissues that are hopefully because of tears. God, I really hope so. ty Dara awakened yesterday and--- OH MY GOD! HOLY ! THAT THING BETTER BE PETROLEUM ING JELLY OR I SWEAR I'M GOING TO LOSE IT.

 

I shuddered and looked away from the couch and just made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle from their fridge and sat my down on one of the chairs. 

 

"ing retard, doesn't that guy know that we have lives too?" Dara hissed while putting on some socks. "Threatening us with moving back in the house if we don't come... chincha. I'm so gonna slaughter him one day." 

 

"Well, I'm glad you guys are coming. It's gonna be pretty awkward if I'm going to be all alone there with a bunch of toddlers and the teachers. I'm going to be so left out especially when she's there." 

 

"She?" Jiyong asked, putting on a beanie on Dara's head. 

 

"Taeyeon, Seunghyun's co-helper and his... Do you remember Taeyeon, Dara-ah?" 

 

She scrunched her face in thought and Jiyong suddenly pecked her on the lips. Dara flipped out and hit and punched Jiyong in every part of his body. He just laughed and gathered her in his arms. His smile was vibrant, genuine, and full of love. Despite her being her crazy- self today, he still manages to smile and look happy.

 

This is how it's supposed to be. 

 

 I rested my cheek on the palm of my hand and just continued silently watching them. I felt my phone vibrate in my coat pocket and I pulled it out. 

 

Seunghyun: Youngbae said he can't come but the rest said they're going. Are you going too, pumpkin? <3

 

Bom: Yeah, I'm just at Dara and Jiyong's place. I'll probably go with them there. I don't have change for the bus. 

 

I turned my phone off and pocketed it. Dara was still arguing with Jiyong about god-knows-what and Jiyong was still looking at her like a lovesick puppy. She suddenly looked at me while still wearing an angry face. "I don't know a Taeyeon." 

 

"Really?" I straightened up. "Middle school. Glasses girl. Quiet. A little chubby. You don't remember?" 

 

"How am I supposed to remember all the people in that goddamn middle school? Do you think I have all their ing birth certificate memorized in my head?" Well damn, you don't have to use your cynicism on me, missy. Cranky Dara really knows how to push someone's buttons. Her sarcasm goes through the roof too. "I ing hated that school." 

 

"She's the chick that the idiot had a crush on." 

 

"So? Seunghyun crushes on everybody. He even has a thing for Jiyong. That ." She put her hands over her more prominent belly and Jiyong did the same. "Hey, you in there. Uncle Seunghyun is a ing , alright? Always do the opposite of what he says and if he gives you candy and makes you go in his van, run fast to mommy so she could beat the out of him." 

 

Her last sentence made me chuckle. Those were really some good advice that she just gave. I was happy for a while but my mind wandered back to Seunghyun and her. I cleared my throat and raked my hair. "She's the very first one." 

 

Dara hummed in realization, and then she just shrugged and continued readying herself to go out while cursing at the same time because she can't zip her coat. Jiyong walked over to me and sat across from me. He smiled and I smiled back. "Aigoo, Jiyong-ah. I said it already but I'll say it again, you look so handsome and cute when you smile! Kyaaaaaaaaaaa!" I jokingly squealed and pinched his cheeks. 

 

"YAH, YOU ! TAKE YOUR HAND OFF OF HIM!!!" 

 

I stuck my tongue out at her and stood up to sit on Jiyong's lap. He didn't seem to mind, in fact he played along. But his wife didn't seem to think it was funny. The harbinger of death marched towards us and pried me off of him but I was hugging him tightly by the neck, allowing me to stay on my spot. "Ahh you." she huffed and leaned on the table looking completely exhausted.

 

Jiyong carefully removed my arms and went to Dara who was now breathing rather unevenly. I can see the worry in his eyes as he made her sit down on the chair. Dara put her head on the table and closed her eyes, her breathing ragged and her face a bit worn-out. "Are you alright, Dara?" he panicked. "Do you want to go to a hospital?"

 

She grabbed my water bottle and finished it all of it in one go. I only just took a sip of that by the way. She crushed the plastic bottle and threw it at my face making me spazz out a little bit because I didn't see it coming. "Holy... that got me tired. You really are a handful, Bommie-yah. I feel like I just had ! I need a nap" She sighed tiredly

 

I cringed to the maximum power while Jiyong looked flustered while avoiding my eyes. He cleared his throat and we silently and very awkwardly took the bus because Dara wanted him to live a normal life without the luxuries that were ready on his hand. I admit, that was very thoughtful of her. Jiyong's been unknowingly spoiled and even though he eagerly tries 'normal people things', we can sense his unease and uncertainty sometimes. He looks like a little kid that needs to hold on his mom's hand because he's afraid he's going to get lost. I guess Dara has to take care of two babies now. 

 

I told them I didn't have change for the bus and good, ol' reliable Jiyong came in to the rescue and gave me some change. I think my debt to him already reached a thousand now. I really hope he wasn't counting. Dara talked throughout the entire bus trip and I just thanked god that she wasn't grumpy all the way. She would often revert back to her normal self then back to the grouch. Dara is really a complicated and unique woman, I tell you. 

 

After a couple of minutes, we got to Seunghyun's school and found a bunch of kids cheering and playing around in the front foyer. Seunghyun was busy talking to Taeyeon with that goofy retarded look on his face while the latter was just softly giggling back at him. Donghae was beside the both of them and I saw him glance up at me but I just looked away from him.

 

I haven't seen Taeyeon in a long while and I could tell that she'd really changed a lot. She didn't wear glasses anymore,. she was thinner, and she definitely looked prettier. It was like I was looking at a completely different person. My eyes darted to Seunghyun who had changed his physical appearance over the years too. He was fatter back then, almost to the point where he could be classified as obese. A lot of people made fun of him but since the guy was too dense to notice, he just went about with his normal stupidity and became the walking ball of excessive sunshine. That man was way too happy and carefree for his own good. I don't know how Taeyeon and him became friends but he eventually hanged out with us less and I often saw him talking excitedly with her and even hanging out with her after school. I couldn't help but feel a prick of jealousy even though I shouldn't be. 

 

He was never mine in the first place

 

Seunghyun looked to our direction and his eyes completely lit up. He ran to us and bounced like an excited little puppy. I punched him on the chest to make him stop and he winced in pain making me unconsciously smile. 

 

"You guys finally made it! I thought I was gonna have to threaten you again by sending a picture of my packed luggage." He sighed in relief. Dara suddenly grabbed his arm and gave him an Indian burn that made him scream so loud that the birds flew away from the trees. 

 

"Don't try me, lamp post." Dara spat. 

 

"There's so many kids here!" Jiyong scanned the foyer in awe. "How old are they?" 

 

"They're around 5 to 6. We have mostly kindergartners in here but there are some 1st graders too." Seunghyun put his 'injured' arm in front of me and I arched my brow at him. He shook it, mentally telling me to massage it. The nerve of this guy. I grabbed it and squeezed it hard, making him grimace in pain again. I laughed and began massaging it. I felt him go behind me and rested his arm over my shoulder while I continued working my hands on his arm. I tensed a bit when he circled his other hand on my stomach and put his chin on my other shoulder. I saw Donghae walking up to us with Taeyeon and I saw him giving me a knowing smile. I scowled in return and unconsciously massaged him harder. He yelped in pain and removed his arm from my hands but stayed behind me, now giving me a back hug but quickly removed himself when Taeyeon and Donghae came to us. He hurriedly stood beside her and put his hand on the small of her back. I saw her blush while the giant seemed to notice and blushed too while taking his hand back. I just silently looked at them. Even though I was a few steps away from them, I feel like I'm leagues away. This is how it's always been. 

 

This is how it's supposed to be. 

 

"Jiyong-ah, I think you're the only one that doesn't know her." Seunghyun rubbed his nape shyly and gave her a quick side glance. "This is Kim Taeyeon. She's an old friend of ours when we were in middle school."

 

She's not our friend. She's yours. 

 

Dara squinted her eyes at her and circled around her, looking at her from head to toe. Taeyeon was clearly feeling uncomfortable by her close proximity and I somehow felt the need to get her out of there. I held on Dara by the shoulders and pulled her back with me. I saw Taeyeon bow her head at me as thanks and I just smiled back. Dara forcibly removed herself from me and suddenly hugged Jiyong tightly. Jiyong in turn was initially shocked but then his face brightened up and he hugged her back. "I don't know you. Why did you say that I know her too?" Dara said in a child-like voice and I saw Jiyong widen his eyes. Dara the frisky has suddenly entered the stage. That's the second time this week now. That's a record. 

 

"Ahh, sorry Dara-ssi." Taeyeon politely bowed. "My name is Kim Taeyeon. I was your classmate back in middle school. I guess I was too shy for my own good that's why you don't remember. It's been a long time too but you still look breathtaking." She bashfully tucked her hair behind her ear and cleared . "It's nice meeting you again. I heard that you've finally broke out of your old self. I'm very happy for you!" She smiled warmly at her. I could sense the sincerity and meekness in her voice. It was really hard to hate her because she doesn't have anything bad about her. But there was one thing that successfully made me hate her though. I hated her because she made me hate myself. I hated myself because I'll never be able to get to Seunghyun to look at me like the way he looks at her. No playfulness and no jokes. It was completely pure and innocent. Pure and innocent like she was. 

 

She held out her hand to her and Dara looked at her hand like it was something that came from outer space. She eventually took it and shook her hand but then she suddenly peeled Jiyong's arms off of her and hugged Taeyeon instead. She roamed her hands over her back while she patted Dara's back awkwardly, not knowing full well what was happening. We saw Dara whisper in her ear and saw her cheeks blush in a bright shade of red as she hid her face on Dara's shoulder. Dara's face was dangerously close to her red ear while she continued to whisper things to her. We saw Taeyeon's hand fan her face and that's when they got separated by a stern-looking Jiyong. 

 

"Behave yourself." He told Dara menacingly. 

 

I saw her smirk mischievously before she pouted. "Sorry oppa." 

 

I heard him heave a deep breath before he started saying something to her that we couldn't hear. I direct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter