Scars

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


NOTE:  Blue lines indicate what Jiyong is doing at the same time the main scene is happening. Basically a parallel scene. 

 

 

 

DONGHAE

 

 

Great. 

 

Greeeaaaat. 

 

Jiyong just saw me walking out of his girlfriend's apartment with a freaking smile on my face. 

 

Am I the luckiest guy in the world or what?

 

This is just fan-ing-tastic. 

 

Whoa, where did the filthy mouth come from and what's with the sudden outburst of sarcasm? God, that girl is already getting to me. Actually no... I'm done acting all respectful and . Donghae has awakened and Donghae is thirsty for blood. 

 

But I feel Jiyong is ten times thirstier. 

 

I looked at Jiyong as blankly as I can, trying to show him that I'm not in the least bit scared that he's going to give me a surprise punch in the face again. If you guys didn't already know, theres a huge bandage on the side of my left eye. I think I even saw some skin peeling off. I don't know if I seen it right but I sure do know that it hurt like a son of a . You wouldn't know how many people stopped to see my beautiful bandaged face while whispering to themselves. 

 

Have these people not seen a freaking bandage before on a face before?

 

Like get on with your lives, people! What am I? An animal in a zoo?

 

I slightly tensed up when I felt Jiyong gripping on my collar tighter. I discreetly positioned my feet in a battle stance and mentally listed the reasons on why I hate myself and this situation right now. So far, I have 5 reasons. 

 

1. I'm still in love with Dara

2. He's going to beat me up again because of it. 

3. I wasn't able to hit him back because, 

4. I have a slow reaction time when it comes to punches in the face. 

5. He's going to beat me up again because of it. 

 

Jiyong's face was devoid of emotions but the clear anger in his eyes definitely overshadowed that stoic face. He looks so different from the Jiyong I knew before. Gone was the pathetic kid that always stood behind Youngbae whenever things don't go well for him. One of the many things I hate most in people is that they rely to much on others even though they know that they can handle it themselves. And Jiyong always did that when we were in school together. 

 

"I'm glad you don't need Youngbae anymore." I said sarcastically. 

 

I saw him tighten his jaw as his hands balled into fists on my shirt. I gulped on the spot but still stood proud, just staring at him with the same intensity. No, I shouldn't be afraid. Why would I be? I just told him the truth. Odds are that it's going to give me a black eye, but who ing cares anymore. I'll stand my ground. The guy's pathetic and I want him to prove to me that he's not anymore. 

 

Am I really going to let this guy beat me up again?

 

I must be the stupidest man in the face of the planet. 

 

I hate this so much right now. 

 

" you, Donghae." 

 

Ooooh, ouch. I never heard him cuss at me before. Well except for that one time when he asked me what the was I doing in Dara's house. I don't even know if he knows that princess didn't go to school today. , does he think that I just went inside her empty house like a stalking creep? I inwardly sighed and slumped my shoulders. I've said this before and I'll say it again. 

 

I hate this so much right now. 

 

"Dara's inside." I said. 

 

"Do you take me for an idiot?" He gritted his teeth. "I know she's inside." 

 

Donghae, you did it again. You just rubbed it on his face that you were with her inside her house. I should be crowned king of stupid-decision-making right now. My track record from the past years can prove that I'm worthy of it. 

 

"Why are you busying yourself with me then?" I shrugged and cautiously shimmied away from his grasp. "Go inside. Or what? Are you scared that I'm going to call you out again for using your girlfriend to fight your battles?"

 

I inwardly widened my eyes at what I just said. Goddamn this hateful mouth! I am really going to die today. 

 

He forcefully pushed me to the wall, making me stagger because of the impact. He put his face close to mine and I could almost feel him breathing fire on my face.

 

"Open that mouth one more time and I swear I'm going to be the last face you'll see." He threatened.  

 

I stared at him blankly, scrutinizing his disturbingly calm façade. 

 

Hmmph, you don't scare me. You may have the eyes of a murderer and will likely be a murderer any second now, but I am a Lee, and Lees always stand their ground.  

 

He suddenly gripped my neck.

 

*clears throat*

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

"DARA!!!!! DARAAAAAAAAA! PRINCESS!! HOLY , DARA! HELP ME!!!" I screamed for my life. 

 

Maybe I'm the real pathetic one between the two of us. Well, at least my last words would be her name. 

 

Jiyong cupped my mouth and began dragging me to the staircase. Meanwhile, I was still producing muffled screams and I totally disregarded my dignity at that moment. Screw that, I want to be alive until the day North Korea and South Korea unify which means forever. Yes, I'll live forever like an elf. Better yet, like Legolas. 

 

I would bring great shame to my family when someone reads my mind right now. There's too much stupid in here that is only exclusively for me. Thankfully I haven't divulged any of this ridiculousness out of my mouth. I will never hear peace again once Dara knows about this. I may have told her that I'm a negative Nancy but that's as far as it goes. 

 

"WHAT THE IS WITH ALL THIS RACK---- WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!?!?!" 

 

Oh thank god! 

 

Never have I been more happy to see a hobo-looking figure (she was wearing baggy clothes that had little holes in them) that is my princess, storming to our direction. I saw Jiyong freeze on his spot. He had his mouth slightly agape, pure regret and terror was evident on his face. Yeah, my princess has come to save me. on that. 

 

When Dara reached us I could feel my eyes glistening with relief. Jiyong reluctantly freed me and I was about to give Dara a hug when she kicked me hard on the shins, sending me to the ground. My eyes caught Jiyong looking pretty shocked. You know what, I feel you too Jiyong. 

 

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

 

"What the did you do to Jiyong?!" she continuously kicked my legs. 

 

You guys see what's wrong in this picture? 

 

I called her for help but she immediately took his side even though I looked like I was being kidnapped just a while ago. And now she's even kicking me and yelling more obscenities at me. I think I like the old Dara better. She always took my side back then. 

 

I felt a lone tear trickle down the side of my face as I reminisced the good old days between my princess and I. Looking at her abusing me now is really ed up. 

 

"Cut the crap, prince charming." she said mockingly. 

 

"Prince... charming...?" We heard Jiyong say barely in a whisper. 

 

I saw Dara's eyes widen as the sudden realization just hit her. I bit the back of my hand to stifle myself from laughing. Uh oh, the girlfriend just spilled out her nickname for her crush. I put my hand on my cheek and continued to rest on the damp, dirty floor while facing sideways in her direction. I looked back at both Dara and Jiyong amusedly. I just can't help but laugh in my head. This is what you get when you go against Donghae. 

 

"I'm not acting, princess." I said innocently. 

 

I thought I saw actual fire on Dara's eyes. Before I knew it, she stomped my side. I cursed under my breath and held on to the victimized part of my body. God, this girl is just making me feel all sorts of things today. 

 

"Ani! I was being sarcastic. Ha ha ha. That was a nickname from when we were kids. People used that for him all the time because he looked like a little brat." She said almost in one breath. "Right, Donghae-ssi?" She glared at me. 

 

Oh what? Now were back with the honorifics? What happened to 'Donghae-yah'?

 

I just coughed to emphasize the point that I was hurt. I then rolled to Jiyong's side and looked at him. When I saw him look down to me, I 'discreetly' shook my head. The next thing I knew, I was getting pulled up forcefully. I thought it was Jiyong at first but then I looked up at the truth and saw Dara's I'm-going-to-kill-you face which looked adorable by the way. She then started dragging me back to her house as my legs slide limply against the floor. I don't know what the hell is happening right now but I wish Jiyong could take me back again. I think I feel safer with him than with her. 

 

I saw Jiyong's impassive face going on the opposite direction and for some reason, I felt the need to tell Dara that. 

 

"Yah, Jiyong's leaving." I whispered. 

 

She immediately stopped and eerily turned her head to Jiyong's direction. "KWON JIYONG!" she thundered making me jump a little bit. Jiyong stopped walking but continued not to look in our direction. "GET YOUR OVER HERE!" she ordered but he didn't budge. 

 

I heard Dara release an irritated grunt before chucking me inside her apartment. My head hit the coffee table and I winced. I saw Dara's petit figure from the door going towards Jiyong's direction and I looked at the empty space in front of me incredulously. A bitter laugh escaped my lips as my eyes unconsciously darted to a picture of her and Jiyong on the wall looking all cuddly. I stood up and went to the opened door while still nursing my head. I looked out and saw Jiyong and Dara embracing one another and I also heard someone sniffling but I couldn't tell who it was since their faces were both covered. I forced a smile as I slumped on the doorway, still staring at both of them. 

 

I really shouldn't have come here...

 

I raked my hair and leaned my head on the doorway.

 

"I get it already....." 

 

 

________________________________

 

 

The three of us crowded in Dara's small- living room. The air was thick and no one dared to speak a word. After Dara and Jiyong entered the room, everything became so uncomfortable. Well, at least for me anyway.

 

I shuffled on my seat, unintentionally pushing Jiyong in the process since we were squished together on the couch. Oh I didn't tell you. Dara made Jiyong and I sit on the 'couch' that could only seat one. We both got up immediately once we made contact but then Dara gave us both a menacing glare, making us sit back down. Now both of us were occupying this torturing device that's molding our skin together. While Dara was just leisurely sitting on the floor in front of us while eating some Pepero sticks. Didn't we just eat like a few minutes ago? We ate a lot too... I've been wondering this throughout all these years but how come she never gets fat? I mean it's not bad.. it's definitely a perk if your a girl, but I just saw her eat a ton and I don't even see a single flab on her. 

 

This girl is seriously magic. 

 

"Okay, what's the deal between you too?" Dara interrupted my inner monologue. 

 

"Well for one, I confessed to his girlfriend and went to his girlfriend's hou--- AGGGHHH DARADARADARADARADARADARA" 

 

Jiyong's hand suddenly gripped my right arm and I could feel the circulation from it diminishing as fast as Usain Bolt. 

 

"Don't call her Dara." I heard him say. 

 

"DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL HER 'PRINCESS' INSTEAD?!" I shouted in pain. "HOLY , DARA! STOP HIM!!!" 

 

I saw a mischievous glint in her eyes as I my arm was starting to feel numb. I continued to beg her to stop him and she just laughed manically. After a few more minutes of her laughing, me begging, and Jiyong disintegrating my arm into dust, Dara finally straightened up. 

 

"Jiyong that's enough." She wiped the corner of her eyes. 

 

Jiyong reluctantly let go while sending me daggers. My arm hanged limply on my side. I grimaced at the purple-is part where his hand was gripped. I hovered a finger over it and it stinged even a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter