The Third Wheel

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Just to clear it up. The thing that was on Jiyong's card was "Everything". 

And he took Dara. 

 

What a sly motherer. 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 


DARA

 

 

"YOUNGBAE-AH! HOW ARE YOU?! YOU LOOK SO GOOD! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? HOW'S GAHO? UGGGH I MISS HIM SO MUCH! HAS HE MADE BABIES YET?!"

 

Whoa there cowboy. Who's Gaho and why do you want to know if he made babies yet? Isn't that a little too private to be shouting out into the open? Well... in a moving car that's moving faster than speed racer. 

 

And holy, Jiyong sounds like my aunt Tanya with all these 20 questions. Aunt Tanya is an aunt of mine that's living in the states. Somewhere Florida, I think. 

 

Aunt Tanya is such a gem. 

 

We were headed to a famous beach tourist spot in town. The guy we met yesterday was with us in the car, with Jiyong driving and him on the front seat. And being the prize that everyone in school wanted to have, I was seated in the back just scowling at the spazzing Jiyong in front of me. 

 

I saw the other guy glance back at me while wearing a tired expression. I smiled at him and he just faced the front without even smiling or greeting me back.

 

I removed my gaze from the two of them and focused on the car window. The scowl on my face returned to a more defined one that it made me look like an old man. 

 

ing asshat.

 

I'm pretty sure his name was Youngbae since that was all I could hear from Jiyong's mouth ever since we saw him. Youngbae this. Youngbae that. Uggh, I think I'm gonna vomit on myself. 

 

I was in the middle of muttering curses at him when he suddenly looked back at me again. I flinched a little bit and regained composure as the living embodiment of Mother Teresa. I gave him another smile, hoping that he didn't see me sending him glares or heard my mantras that was needed to disintegrate him.

 

He looked at me blankly. He stared at me for a good 15 seconds and then went back to entertain Jiyong by giving him one word answers. 

 

But before he could fully turn back to the front, I saw the corner of his lips tug up to a smirk. 

 

What the hell was that for? 

 

 

YESTERDAY --  AFTER THE SPORTS FESTIVAL WITH DARA, YOUNGBAE, AND JIYONG

 


Jiyong glomped Youngbae at full force which led both of them to stumble down to the grass, Jiyong the one being on top while bawling and embracing the sleepy Youngbae. 

 

"I-is t-th-is really you, Youngbae-ah?" Jiyong stuttered while cupping his face. 

 

Youngbae didn't answer and remained lying down with his eyes closed. 

 

"YOUNGBAE-AH!" he now patted his face seeing how he didn't respond. "YOUNGBAE! OH MY GOD! HELP! HELP! WE NEED A DOCTOR!"

 

"YOUNGB-------"

 

Dara suddenly smacked the frantic Jiyong in the back of the head. Jiyong looked at her with clear tear stains on his face while still caught up in a sob. Dara smacked him again, and he struggled to stop his tears by biting his lower lip that was accompanied by a big frown. 

 

"Can you shut the up for a minute!"  she half whispered, half yelled. "Can't you see that he's knocked out?!

 

Jiyong widened his eyes and took a hold of Youngbae's head. He scanned it thoroughly while choking a sob and muttering prayers under his breath. 

 

Dara let out a long and irritated sigh and crouched down to his level. She was getting really annoyed by Jiyong's sudden obnoxiousness that she figuratively popped a vein in her neck. She held ---- no, squished Jiyong's cheeks together with her one hand and made him face her. 

 

"Listen, arasso?" she said in an eerily calm tone. "He is asleep. Your friend," she pointed at Youngbae's seemingly lifeless body. "is asleep. Do you understand?" 

 

Jiyong shakily opened his mouth and was about to release another round of wailing but Dara put her hand over his mouth before he could even try. 

 

"I know you're really happy right now to see your friend but you have to control yourself." she said almost in a whisper while brushing his unruly hair away from his face. "Do you understand?" he nodded. "Do you need a hug?" And he nodded even more.

 

Dara spread her arms wide, thinking that she'll be the opposite end of the hug. 

 

But she assumed too soon. 

 

She saw Jiyong sticking to the still passed out Youngbae like a koala to a eucalyptus tree. 

 

He rubbed his disheveled face against Youngbae's chest and muffled his cries. 

 

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!"

 

Dara gave Jiyong an incredulous look with her hands resting on her hips. She looked at Youngbae and was surprised to see him staring at her with an expressionless face. She quickly straightened up and bowed as a greeting but as soon as she raised her head, she found him with his eyes closed again. 

 

She unconsciously let out a bitter smile. 

 

She also silently concluded that he's not going to like the guy. 

 

At all. 

 

 

NOW -- AT THE BEACH

 

 

"Why is it always so hot?" Jiyong whined as he wiped the sweat of his face. 

 

I handed him a hand towel but he was too busy whining and melting from the sun for him to notice it. I decided to just wipe his sweat off myself which earned me a smile from him. I patted his cheek and smiled back.

 

Behave now, arasso?

 

Nehhhhhh.

 

My eyes darted to Youngbae who was looking over at us while yawning. 

 

I took my hand away from Jiyong's face and went up to him with the brightest smile I could muster. 

 

"I don't think Jiyong introduced you to me yet."

 

I peeked over at Jiyong and saw him running up to my side with a grin on his face.

 

"Dara-ah, this is my first best friend, Dong Youngbae." 

 

"And Youngbae, this is my first best friend in Korea, Sandara Park." 

 

He then took each of our hands and made us do a not-awkward-at-all handshake. My grip on him was firm -- and I mean business man firm -- while he held on mine lightly as if my hand was a pile of dog that he's forced to pick up. 

 

"Sandara, huh?" 

 

"I would rather if you call me Dara. Sandara is too much of a mouthful." 

 

"No, I'll call you Sandara." 

 

On the outside I was giving him a sturgeon face while lightly nodding at him. On the inside I was imagining ways on how I could indirectly piss him off for my amusement. 

 

He left Jiyong and I all of the sudden and walked to the sandy beach while holding on to his shoes. I looked at Jiyong with my face scrunched up. He was pinching me on the nose but I quickly swatted his hand away. I stomped to the trunk of the car to get my things and came back to him with an irked expression

 

God, why does he have to be here. I thought Jiyong wanted to be alone with me?! If it was like this then I should've taken Bom and Seunghyun with me. 

 

"You look cute." he softly shook my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

 

I ignored him and took out my phone. I could see his eyes widen from the corner of my eyes which made me feel victorious in the inside. He quickly snatched my phone away and looked at me as if I had a dangling about. 

 

"What are you doing?" he asked with a hint of dramatic shock. 

 

Jiyong-ah would be a really good actor. 

 

"Calling Bom and Seunghyun."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't want to ruin your date with your first best friend." I replied lazily. 

 

"What about our.... date?" 

 

I stopped for a minute and looked at him with furrowed brows.

 

I find myself furrowing my brows a lot when I'm with Jiyong. Interesting. 

 

He looked at me almost longingly as he held on both of my clammy hands. I felt a bit guilty looking at him with a sad expression. I released another big breath before telling him that I won't call Bom and Seunghyun anymore. I took his hands away from me and carried my bag. Jiyong suddenly took it from me and held my right hand. 

 

"I.. I'm sorry. It's just.... I haven't seen Youngbae for a long time. I'm just really happy that he's here. I'm sorry for no--------"

 

"Ani." I flicked his forehead and he winced making me chuckle. "I would act the same if I was in your position. It's just weird seeing you act all chummy with another person so fast." 

 

He laughed and nodded. "Yeah, that was pretty weird of me." 

 

"But it's nice that I can get to spend time with my two most favorite people." he beamed at me and I think that I went blind for a second there. 

 

We walked over to Youngbae with our hands still entwined. Youngbae was lying down on the sand in a starfish position with a smile across his face. When he suddenly opened his eyes, I hurriedly took my hand away from Jiyong which earned me a confused look from Jiyong and a confused look from me as well. 

 

"I think I'm just going to sleep here for a bit. The sun and the sand feels so nice." Youngbae stretched his arms.

 

He then started to take of his shirt and I unconsciously gave him my nod of approval. Even though he was relatively smaller than the average guy in our town, he had a very, very well-built upper torso. Jiyong suddenly covered my eyes, interrupting me from appreciating one of god's other beautiful creations, Jiyong being one of them too. I struggled in his hold and even elbowed him but he didn't even wince or nothing. He scuffled about before I felt him dragging me away from our spot. 

 

"We're just going to buy some food, Youngbae-ah" I heard him yell while hauling me. "We'll be right back!" 

 

I almost tripped over some sand but Jiyong was thankfully able to hold me before I face-planted to the ground. And let me tell you that his hand was still covering my eyes by the way. 

 

I forcefully removed his hand while huffing angrily like the adult that I was. I found myself leaning on Jiyong's chest while his other hand was draped on my waist. 

 

"Why the hell did you drag me away like that?!" I erupted while pinching his sides but he didn't wince like usual which made my frown even bigger. 

 

"Aigoo, so cute." He gave me a full-on hug. He put the side of his face on the side of mine and practically squeezed me to death. 

 

"You're not answering my question." I muffled against his shirt. 

 

"I heard your stomach growling ever since we were in the car so I thought that you would want some food." 

 

"But why'd you have to cover my eyes?!" 

 

"The sun's too hot and I was afraid that you'll go blind." 

 

"I wasn't even looking at the sun! I was looking a------"

 

"OMO! LOOK AT THAT GUY WITH THE TATTOOS!" I heard a girl scream not far away from us. 

 

I glanced up at Jiyong and saw him looking at me with a serious expression. I tore my gaze off him and pushed myself more to him. He was shocked for a minute because he asked me what was wrong but I didn't reply. When I didn't give him an answer, I just saw him shrug it off and just let me do my thing. 

 

I peeked over to the loud shameless girls that caught my attention earlier. They were all wearing skimpy bikinis and it made me look at them with disgust. One even had a tramp stamp for god's sake. I would've punched you in the face if you didn't think that a girl with a tramp stamp wasn't a . 

 

Tramp stamp =

 

"Is that his girlfriend?"

 

"Look's more like a grade schooler to me."

 

"Is that his sister? Why's she cling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter