On the Way

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


DARA

 

 

"Is everyone here?" The tall, macho-looking man by the name of Mr. Kwon asked. 

 

Damn, is Jiyong gonna be like that when he gets older. I don't know why but I suddenly feel excited. 

 

"Neh" Everyone replied. 

 

My whole squad and my brothers were with me. Hell, even Donghae was with us. He really didn't wanna join at first because he thought that Jiyong's family was still mad at him for traumatizing their son. Jiyong told us that he had already told his family Donghae's side of the story and told me that they cried for a long time and did some soul searching together. What a... unique family. But even then Donghae was still pretty awkward with the other Kwons despite all of them acting all chummy with him. For my brothers... I don't even know why they're here. Jiyong said that his parents wanted them to come too but I still see no good enough reason why they're here. Well, were just thankful that the Kwon black card holders are paying for our flights for the rest of us (except Youngbae who was sleeping on top of the luggage on the airport trolley that Seunghyun was pushing) were just mere plebeians or in there language, middle class. 

 

All of us were in the airport just waiting to be checked in. We're lucky that this DGC was happening at the same time the Chuseok (kind of a Korean thanksgiving) was taking place so we were off the hook for at least 3 days. But since we will be staying there for a week, we'll be missing 2 days of school and 4 days worth of paychecks. But you know me, I'm one of those rebellious girls so whatever, you know. 

 

But I swear to god, if my grade lowers because of this, I will never take a holiday ever again. 

 

"Why do I have to be here? I'm not even related to DGC whatsoever." I heard Donghae whine behind me. 

 

I saw Youngbae dreamily open his eyes while looking at Donghae's direction. "Did you take your violin?" 

 

"Yeah." He said as if it was obvious. "Why?" 

 

"Then make use of yourself and play something, damn ungrateful piece of..." Youngbae wasn't able to finish his last sentence because he fell asleep all of the sudden. 

 

I looked back at Donghae and gave him a hard pat on the back. "It's nice seeing you and him in good terms now." I smiled sarcastically and he scowled. 

 

"Oh my god, hyung! We're gonna get to see hot foreigners!" I looked at Seunghyun and saw Jay and him bouncing excitedly. I guess it's nice to see these Siamese twins having fun.

 

My eyes unconsciously darted to Dami Lucy unnie who was just staring blankly at Jay who was still jumping along with Seunghyunnie. I then saw unnie directing her eyes on me. I guess she sensed that I was looking at her. I gave her a teasing look and she just looked at me blankly. 

 

But the obvious blush on her cheeks begged to differ. 

 

I was about to whisper my new found revelation to Jiyong when an annoying little foot suddenly kicked my shins. I stifled a curse as I saw Jiyong crouch down to meet the little Devil. I looked down and saw Minzy looking at me with their family trademark glare. I know I shouldn't call this now 7 year old girl a but...

 

She's a total . 

 

I guess this girl is still hurt that I took her obba away from her. You wouldn't know what kind of torture she has done to me when I visited their house back then. When we first went to their house and Jiyong and I were putting our legs in the pool and he was about to pull me up (refer to the ending of Ch. 4), Minzy appeared out of nowhere and kicked me to the pool. And you know what that little did? She cried and told her obba that she didn't mean it when in fact YUH HUH, she DID mean it. So in the end Jiyong had to calm her down and I was stuck spazzing out in the pool because the waters were to calm for me. I'm only used to the strong waves of the sea, DO YOU HAVE A ING PROBLEM WITH THAT?! Ehem, well she was also a world class blocker too. When she walked in on Jiyong and I one time (ch. 19), I know she walked in intentionally. Yeah, I could feel it in my veins. She knew what she was doing. 

 

"Mingkki-ah, why did you do that?" I heard Jiyong ask and pat her head. 

 

Little Ms. brother complex glared at me one last time before tearing up in front of Jiyong and hugging him. I crouched down beside Jiyong and studied this spawn of Satan. I saw Jiyong giving me an apologetic smile and I just smiled back. His family was fully aware that Minzy hates me but they still can't find it in their heart to scold her about it. My Jiyong is too soft that's why I wear the pants in this relationship. I brushed her hair soothingly and she suddenly hissed at me as if I was a plague. I gave her a look and sighed. Even though we equally hate each other's guts, I still care for her. You know, if she wasn't all y and I think we would get along just dandy. I smiled at her only to be rewarded by a a disgusted look. 

 

"Minzy-yah." I called, expressionless. "I'm glad your hits are getting weaker now. Does that mean that you're finally warming up to me?" 

 

My face was close to her fist and she was about to smack me in the face when Jiyong blocked her hand. He gave her a stern look and Minzy gave her the same. Although after a few seconds, she started crying again and Jiyong was left to soothe her back. I tried to rub her back too but she would always slap my hand off. Can you be nice for at least sometimes? Like damn. 

 

I slumped my shoulders down and stood up when Jiyong suddenly held my hand. He then kissed the back of it and mouthed an 'I love you'. Well, at least her brother was an angel. I was about to lean down for a kiss when I suddenly felt myself getting pulled off by a strong pair of arms. I looked behind me and saw Teddy giving me a 'do-you-want-to-die?' look and I gave him the same thing but with more oomph. I heard Jiyong laugh as he stood up and carried Minzy. 

 

"What the is your problem?" I gritted at Teddy. 

 

He shook his head at me while Sanghyun was beside him with his hands on his hips. They were quietly judging me and looking at me like I was a small child. But after that, their faces suddenly turned soft and almost pitiful. Okay, are these two on their mensies right now? Why're they acting so weird. 

 

"Should I call Jiyon---"

 

"NO!" They shouted in unison garnering the attention of everyone in the airport and I just covered my face hoping that people wouldn't think I'm related to these special people. 

 

Mr. Kwon told us that we were next so we all moved to the check-in line. The Kwon parents were busy getting everything settled while I just looked at my two brothers seemingly arguing with one another. I felt an arm on my shoulder and saw Jay looking at me and the rest of our idiot family interchangeably. He then rested his head on the side of mine and sighed. 

 

"Just listen to her first before you make conclusions." I heard him mumble.

 

I looked at him confusedly. "What?" 

 

He pinched my nose and grinned at me. "I can't wait to see those foreigners." He salivated and I slapped his hand away from me.

 

He nursed his hand when a thought suddenly entered my mind. A mischievous smirk suddenly formed on my lips as I moved closer to him. 

 

"You know who else is a foreigner, Jay?" he raised a brow at me. "Lucy unnie." 

 

"Who the hell is Lucy?" 

 

I pointed at Dami unnie who I caught looking at us but immediately turned away. Oooh, this is getting more fun. I saw Jay make a double chin while a deep crease was forming on his forehead. 

 

"Her name's Lucy?" he asked, pointing at Dami unnie. I nodded in re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter