A Good Friend

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The two came back inside the house with Jiyong carrying Dara bridal style again. They looked over to the living room and saw Bom and Seunghyun chatting it up with the rest of the Kwons. They didn't even notice Dara and Jiyong since they were too engrossed with conversing to one another. Jiyong sat Dara on the couch and opted to sit beside her. Dara rolled her pant legs back down, not minding if her legs were still wet. She looked at the small figure on the floor that was busy coloring on her coloring book. The little girl suddenly halted and looked blankly at Dara who just gave her an awkward smile in return. 

 

"Having fun there...." Dara stopped as she didn't know what to call her. 

 

"Mingkki." she replied. 

 

"What a cute name! Having fun there, Mingkki-ah?" 

 

"I don't like you." she blurted out making everyone focus their eyes on them. 

 

"Aigoo, Minzy-ah. That's not a nice thing to say to your unnie." Dami said. 

 

"Did I do something wrong?"

 

"You're not nice." 

 

"What makes you say that, Minzy?" Mrs. Kwon her daughter's hair while looking apologetically at Dara. 

 

"I heard her say bad words, and made obba cry."

 

Everyone looked at Dara and Jiyong with knowing looks while the two stared at each other and communicated telepathically.

 

Jiyong-ahhhh, why did you have to be so overly sensitive! Now even you're other sister thinks I'm a too!

 

S-sorry, I just couldn't help it! Wait, noona thinks you're a....?

 

Yeah, we had a little talk when you we're being a drama queen. But it's all good. We're cool. She's just being protective of you. You're sister really cares for you. I can tell she loves you a lot. 

 

"Wahhh." Jiyong leaned back on the couch and released a long sigh, unable to handle his emotions once again. 

 

Dara scowled at him before facing the Kwons. She heaved a big breath and shuddered. 

 

it. 

 

"Mrs. Kwon, Mr. Kwon, I'm sorry but I can't take it anymore. I apologize in advance for what you're about to witness." 

 

Everyone raised their brows at her while Dami smirked at her knowingly. She took her little sister to her room and hurried back to the living room, not wanting to miss what's about to unfold. She saw Dara standing up in front of his brother who had his head bowed down. 

 

"Jiyong, look at me." Dara ordered with an icy tone. Jiyong shook his head, still not looking at her. She noticed that his shoulders were shaking and heard him sniffling. "Jiyong." she repeated. 

 

He reluctantly looked up with a big frown and tears rolling down his cheeks. Dara held his left hand and massaged it. Everyone anticipated what Dara was doing. Why did she need to apologize to his parents? 

 

All of the sudden, Dara smacked him hard across the face making him fall to the couch. Ohhh, that's why she apologized. 

 

Bom, Seunghyun, and his parents had their mouths agape, totally dumbstruck and unable to comprehend what just happened. Meanwhile Dami was sitting leisurely on an armchair while squinting her eyes at her, ready to beat the living out of Dara when she goes too far. 

 

Dara grabbed a hold of Jiyong's shoulders and sat him back up. Jiyong was still in a daze, his hand was hovering over the burnt area on his face. Dara squatted down to meet his eyes and wiped the tears that kept falling on his face. 

 

"STOP BEING SO GODDAMN SENSITIVE!" she thundered. Jiyong's lips started to quiver so she pinched it. She saw his eyes start to moisten up again so she flicked his head. "Don't you dare cry." 

 

He avoided her gaze and looked down feeling another round of tears in his system. "Jiyong-ah, look at me." And he didn't. She cupped his face and made him look at her. 

 

"Stop crying at the littlest things. It's okay to try tears of happiness or sadness, but sometimes it's just too much." she cooed at him. "You have to be strong, Jiyong. Don't show others that your weak or else you'll get pushed around like what I'm doing to you right now. Get angry! Hit me back! I DESERVE IT!"

 

"STAND UP FOR YOURSELF! BE STRONG AND MAKE YOUR FAMILY LOOK UP TO YOU. Make your sister look up to you. You wouldn't think she'll go flaunt her -of-a-brother to her friends will you? SHOW THEM THAT KWON JIYONG CAN HANDLE ANYTHING THAT COMES IN HIS WAY!" she sighed. "I'm sick of seeing you crying all the time..." 

 

"What if I... can't?" he mumbled under his breath. 

 

"Then I'll be here." She looked back at everyone else and smiled at them. "We'll be here to help you. But remember that it's you who can control yourself." she hugged him and patted his back. "And we'll just be right here to give you a helping hand." Dara felt him hug her back, only tighter. She smiled and combed the back of his hair. 

 

She broke the hug but Jiyong still had his arms around her waist. She saw him struggling to stop himself from crying which made her chuckle. She covered his eyes with both of her hands and rested her face on it. 

 

"Of course it's gonna take you baby steps. As long as you got what I said, then I'm happy." 

 

"Now why are you crying, Jiyong-ah." Mrs. Kwon said softly as he sat beside his son. 

 

"I'm happy." He removed Dara's hands from his face and rested his forehead on hers. "I'm really happy to have met such an unlikely friend." 

 

", Jiyong. You're gonna make me cry too." Seunghyun draped his arms on Jiyong's waist. 

 

"Jiyong, remember that we're here, arasso? Do you want me to hit this hussy for you? Hell, I'll do it even if you say no." Bom kicked Dara's back making her glare at Bom. "How dare you hurt that beautiful face?! Could've you gotten your point across in a different way?! You're so violent! Do you want me to sign you up for anger management?" Everyone laughed but not Bom who was dead serious. "I mean it." 

 

 The laughter suddenly stopped when they heard a phone ring. Dara heard her brother's familiar ringtone and quickly answered it while Jiyong still had her by the waist. 

 

"What the do you want? You just ruined the precious bonding time that I'm having with my friends?" she sneered and the rest chuckled a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter