Beauty Disguised as the Beast

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as all the students left the scene in fear of the fire-breathing dragon, Jiyong hurriedly scooped the trembling Dara and rushed her off to somewhere where she could feel more at ease. On the other hand Bom, Seunghyun, and Youngbae were busy taking out hand-written posters on the notice board about her. 


SANDARA PARK

BEHIND THAT SMILE IS A SICK PERSON

DON'T LET HER FAÇADE FOOL YOU LIKE IT FOOLED ALL OF US

 

THE ONLY PERSON ABLE TO TAME THE DRAGON

FEAR THE HANDLER, NOT THE BEAST

 

"What kind of bastard would do something so pathetic?!" Seunghyun gritted his teeth while angrily tearing down every poster that said something bad about his best friend. 

 

The three heard hurried footsteps coming their way. They looked over to the direction of the sound and saw Seungri and Chaerin running towards them. 

 

"HYUNG!" Seungri yelled while waving his phone. 

 

"Who are they?" Youngbae furrowed her brows. 

 

"People from the Student Council." Bom said briefly and rushed over to them. 

 

The three of them went to the two panting Juniors who held their phones in their hands. Seunghyun who was now irritated and agitated because of the turn of events, took Seungri's incessant blinking phone and smashed it on the ground. 

 

"Hyung..." 

 

"WHAT?!" He roared. 

 

Bom suddenly slapped Seunghyun across the face to get him to snap out of whatever was taking over him. He stumbled on the ground because of the impact and Bom sat the on the floor to comfort him since he was caught up in tears. 

 

"If you're looking for Dara then don't waste your time." Youngbae peered at Seungri and Chaerin, not knowing if they were on their side or not. "Not unless you want me to waste my time with you."

 

"A-a-ani, Please don't misunderstand. We're just checking up on her." Chaerin slightly waved her hands. She then showed him her phone. "Everybody in school has been getting messages about unnie for the past week. Most of them were weird... It would say that she was 'hiding something' and 'not to trust her'... And then just recently we got a video that had unnie and Jiyong oppa in it" Chaerin started fiddling with her phone and soon Dara's voice could be heard in the other end of it. 

 

"Open that mouth again face. And I swear that I'll you up so much that you won't live to see your next generation."

 

The recording was rather choppy and you can only faintly hear what she was saying because of the amount of rustling in the background. The video showed Dara's back facing the camera while towering over Jiyong. Even though it wasn't really clear, they could see Jiyong's terrified and tear-stricken face. The three's faces just grew paler once the video suddenly got cut off. 

 

Who did this? 

 

"Wait, when did you get that?" Seunghyun straightened up and looked at the both of them with a serious expression. 

 

"I think around 5 minutes ago...?" Chaerin answered. 

 

They then hurriedly took out their phones and searched if they received a video as well but they found nothing. Another thought also came to mind when they remembered Chaerin saying that everybody's been getting texts about Dara the past week. They searched their phones again to check if they got anything else that was related to her but they found nothing too. 

 

"They must know that we're her friends." Bom grunted and stomped her foot in annoyance. 

 

"Noona, the rest of the SC is really worried about Dara noona." Seungri chimed in. "If there's anything that we can do to help, then just call us."

 

Youngbae strode towards Seungri and suddenly gripped on his collars. The girls shrieked in fright and tried to take Youngbae away from him but he didn't budge. "Make sure that everyone in that SC of yours better choose what side they're on. I've been in this situation once before with Jiyong." Youngbae gripped his collars further to his face making Seungri cower in fear. "They said that they would help us, but they only made things worse. If I see that your help is no use at all then I won't hesitate to treat you like how they treated Dara earlier." He abruptly let go of his hold on him. Seungri fell to the ground and hastily scooted away while nodding his head to him. 

 

"Chaerin, try to pacify the school. Get the SC to help you too." Seunghyun ordered. "We'll find out who did this." 

 

"For Dara." 

 

"For Dara." They all said in unison. 

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

"Dara. Look at me." I said in a hushed tone while carrying her in my arms. "Look at me, Dara. Please." 

 

There were people in the halls looking at us and whispering to each other. Although their words sounded somewhat vague in my ears, I could always hear Dara's name in their conversations loud and clear. 

 

"IF I HEAR ANY OF YOU TALKING ABOUT HER AGAIN. I'LL ING RIP YOU TO PIECES AND SEND YOU TO HELL!" I boomed and covered her ear with my left hand. I looked threateningly at them feeling my anger rising up to an extreme.

 

I then felt Dara tugging on my shirt and I briefly looked down and saw a bitter smile across her lips. 

 

That was a good one, Kwon.

 

"Dara..." 

 

When I saw her eyes start to well up again, I started runnning and heading as fast as I can to the rooftop. I've never seen her cry before and seeing it now for the first time is making it harder for me to breathe. She looks so broken and her pained face is something that I wouldn't dream of seeing in my lifetime. 

 

After a few minutes, we finally made it to the rooftop. I carefully sat down with her hugging me weakly. She was sobbing on my shoulder and I just let her be. It really hurts to see and hear the person you love in such a miserable state. If I could switch our places, I would do it in a heartbeat. Only to take away the pain that she was feeling. 

 

Only to make her smile again. 

 

"Jiyong..." she whispered. 

 

"Neh?" I cooed as I rubbed her back reassuringly. 

 

"Can you sing that song for me again." She leaned back a little bit and cupped my face. She still had tears streaming down on her cheeks and I felt like I had just been stabbed in the heart. 

 

"Will you smile for me when I sing it?" 

 

She weakly punched me in the chest and I exaggeratedly pretended that it hurt. She then gave me the smile and I smiled back. I put her head on my shoulder again and began humming the tune of my song. 

 

"Like a butterfly

You look like a flower, flutter around like a child

Your innocent eyes have a smile

Your body moves like the sky, the sky

Your eyes glimmer, glimmer

I've become like this 

You're the only one girl. One Love. One Life. Yeah." 

 

"Every time I come close to you

Every time I'm feeling you

Feels like I'm gonna dream every time

I get butterflies." 

 

I traced my finger on the side of her face and made her look at me. She averted her eyes and looked away with a sheepish smile. I lightly moved her head to my direction and gave her a chaste kiss. She just blushed and hid her face on my chest making me giggle. 

 

"Look at my eyes

You see my eyes

You see my lips

Listen to my heart

If you're listening, answer me

Kiss me on the cheek

My memories

Yes my heart

Yes, that's all I'll say

If our lovingness continues a lot

Then we will never break up, trust me

I'll make love to you." 

 

"Oh really now?" She mumbled cheekily on my ear and I shied away from her ticklish breath. "I'll be expecting that soon then, Mr. Kwon Jiyong." 

 

"Y-yah." Now it was my turn to smile sheepishly at her. I put my chin over her shoulder to hide my blushing face away from her since I wouldn't hear the end of it if she sees me as red as a tomato.

 

"Hey." she said.

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Those weren't the same lyrics from earlier, why did you change it?" 

 

"I wanted you to hear the parts that I wanted you to hear." I hugged her tighter. "Since I already said what I wanted earlier, I wanted to say the other things that I wasn't able to say. And Dara...."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I love you." 

 

There was a moment of silence. I could feel Dara's hold on me getting tighter and I mentally sighed in relief. She was more of an 'action speaks louder than words' kind of girl. I know that she has trust issues and I didn't expect her to say 'I love you' back immediately. Her hug was enough for me. I don't need to hear it from her now. I just want her to know that I love her and that's all that matters. 

 

"I mmmh you too." 

 

"Did you just bleep the word 'love'?" 

 

"HEY! That is a strong word that I'm not confident in using. Especially when it's been randomly brought up out of the blue." 

 

"Didn't I already told you that I loved you in the song?" I remarked and she blushed again. "So it wasn't really brought up out of the blue." I smirked at her. 

 

"Are we gonna argue about this? Do you wanna go, you sly bastard? Because I can----"

 

I interrupted her and caught her lips once again. She struggled for a second so I broke the kiss since I didn't want to force her. But when I moved my head back, she forcefully pushed the back of my head back to hers and enveloped me in a more passionate kiss.

 

I tilted my head to gain better access. She was kissing me hungrily. Her tongue was dancing around mine and we were both caught up in ecstasy. Only the sounds of our heartbeat resonated throughout the empty rooftop.

 

I suddenly felt something wet on my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw her crying while still fervently kissing me. 

 

I reluctantly broke the kiss and wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. She slightly bowed her head down and let her tears fall on her face. 

 

"Why do I have to be like this...?." she sobbed and roughly wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "Why did I have to write those things? Why the am I so stupid?!" She wailed louder. 

 

She crumbled against my hold and hunched down in a sort of a fetal position on my lap. I let her vent out her frustrations while looking at her pitifully. I could feel my eyes starting to moisten up but I quickly shrugged the feeling off. Her seeing me in tears might cause her to cry even more. She needs someone that would be strong for her. To be a shoulder to cry on and to rely on. And I intend to do that.

 

"Dara." I raised her chin up using my finger and found her calming down a bit. "You are the most perfect girl I had ever seen. Yes you have your flaws but that's what makes you perfect in my eyes. What's done is done. It happened. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter