A Doozy

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Good morning hyung." Jiyong smiled at Teddy and fiddled with the bouquet in his hands. "I'm here to pick Dara up."

 

Teddy scanned the guy dressed in an all black suit. The top two buttons on his crisp white shirt were ed, giving a peek at his collar bones. His hair was messy but oddly enough, it matched his image well. The look in his eyes were completely rid of the piercing glare that never failed to intimidate him. And instead it was replaced with a gentle and inviting one. 

 

Teddy gripped Jiyong's shoulder, shocking the man. He then started shaking his head while sighing, seemingly disappointed. Jiyong started to panic, thinking that he did something wrong to make his soon-to-be brother-in-law to act like this. 

 

"Kwon Jiyong" Teddy ticked his tongue. "You..."

 

"Look ing hot and fabuloussss!" Jay interrupted and pushed his older brother to the side.  He then began to purr at him, making Jiyong uncomfortable. 

 

Teddy grimaced at his overzealous brother and looked at Jiyong blankly. He then made his way to the kitchen to continue drinking his coffee and might as well think about his life decisions and ask himself why he doesn't have a girlfriend yet. That sounds like a good time to me. 

 

Jiyong saw Dara in his line of vision nonchalantly walking around their living room, only clad in a bathrobe and a towel wrapped over her head. 

 

The two of them suddenly met each other's eyes and they stared at each other for about a minute or so. He saw her making his way towards him with a somewhat confused and irritated expression. He straightened up, completely ignoring Jay who was still incessantly 'seducing' him.

 

"Yah." She said and pulled Jay away from the poor boy. "What are you doing here?"

 

She protectively covered herself with her robe, feeling the breeze in her skin. Dara eyed him suspiciously and he just smiled while looking at the natural beauty in front of her. 

 

"We're going to be late for Grad." He replied cheerily. "Oh! And the dance too."

 

"That 's not happening until 2 hours from now Jiyong." 

 

"Exactly! It's happening 2 hours from now! Now get ready or we'll be late!"

 

Jiyong suddenly went inside the house completely ignoring Jay's advances on him. Jay scowled at his figure who was busily persuading Dara to get ready. Dara on the other hand, was arguing with him while trying to pinch and hit Jiyong but he kept on avoiding it much to her dismay. 

 

"Will Bom and the others come here?" He asked while taking a hold of the struggling and irritated Dara.

 

"I'm heeeeerrrrreee!" A deep voice sang.

 

The two of them looked to the door and saw Bom and Seunghyun already dressed up and caked with make-up. Seunghyun and Jay enveloped each other in a loving embrace while Bom was inspecting her chest and checking if her dress didn't cause an accidental nip slip. 

 

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Dara asked, now pissed off at everyone. 

 

Bom and Seunghyun both gave each other unamused looks before looking blankly at Dara. They sighed at the sight of the clearly unprepared girl that looked like an ahjumma.

 

Bom suddenly strode towards her making her flinch and struggle more on Jiyong's hold. Bom then forcefully grabbed Dara by the arm and dragged her to her room. But before Bom took Dara away from Jiyong's hold, he handed Dara his bouquet and kissed the crown of her head. And like the good boyfriend that he was, he willingly offered his girlfriend to the living embodiment of an apocalypse despite her protests. 

 

"YAH! KWON JIYONG!" She shouted while being hauled to her room. The bouquet was still on her hands and she looked back and saw him smiling brightly at her while Jay and Seunghyun who were standing beside him were making hearts with their arms. 

 

Bom slammed her bedroom door closed and quickly locked the door. "Don't you dare let any of us out in the next 1 and a half hour! You may hear some... things, but don't you dare open this door! Keep it closed from the other side!" Bom yelled at the door knowing that the rest of the followed them upstairs. "Seunghyunnie, Jiyongie!" The two hummed on the other side. "Keep this door closed, arasso?!" 

 

"Neh." they said in unison. 

 

Seunghyun and Jiyong suddenly heard loud footsteps thundering from the halls. They looked to the direction from where the sound was coming from and found a very angry and tired-looking Sanghyun. 

 

"WHAT THE IS ALL THAT NOISE?!" he roared making the both of them cower a little bit. They weren't used to his enraged 'warning! warning' mood yet. Most of the time, they would see their hyung acting like an overly-excited grade schooler who was purer than innocent children's tears. They've heard rumors that he was the deadliest among the three brothers once he becomes agitated. 

 

"Omo! Was that Sanghyun oppa?" Bom put her ear up the door and began bouncing excitedly. Meanwhile, Dara was looking at Bom disgustedly as she began drying her hair with a blow dryer. "OPPA!" She banged the door. "Seunghyun-ah, open the door!" she unlocked the door and pushed it open but found out that she couldn't. She peeked through the small crack on the door and found Seunghyun leaning on it. She was also able to see Sanghyun's clearly pissed off face. "OPPA! IT'S ME, BOM-AH!!! OPPPAAAA!" 

 

"SHUT THE UP!" He boomed and Bom slid on the door dreamily. "WHY IS EVERYONE SO LOUD? IT'S JUST 4 IN THE ING MORNING!" 

 

"H-H-hyung!" Jiyong warily called out earning him a seething death glare from Sanghyun. "It's actually 4 in the afternoon." 

 

He suddenly gripped Jiyong's suit, sending the two guys in panic. Jiyong held his hands up as if he was being hostaged while Seunghyun looked at the sight in front of him wide-eyed as he pushed his weight to the door. Sanghyun put his face closer to him. His hot breath fanning him. His cold stare piercing right through him. Jiyong pursed his lips due to nervousness, his lips feeling dry as the Sahara.

 

Now two of his soon-to-be brother-in-laws don't seem to like him. While the other brother-in-law wants him for himself. What did he do to deserve this kind of life?

 

Please don't cry. Please don't cry. Oh god, please don't cry. 

 

"H-hyung!" He called out again, tears starting to brim on his eyes. 

 

And as all this was happening, Jay was just casually leaning on the upstairs railings, totally amused by Jiyong's misfortune and his terrified face. He knew that nothing bad would happen so he just opted to enjoy the show while he still can.

 

Sanghyun was about to say something but his mouth was suddenly covered with a towel that emitted a suggestive smell. He was then pulled away from Jiyong and he dropped down on the floor, relief washed over him. The two guys saw Teddy covering his youngest brother's mouth, seemingly waiting for him to pass out. 

 

"Husshhh, my little woodpecker. Only sweet dreams and happiness." They heard Teddy whisper in Sanghyun's ear.

 

Soon, the little woodpecker fell into his older brother's arms, unconscious. He gently laid him on the floor and petted his hair. Jay made his way to his little brother and began dragging him by the leg and into his room. The two brothers acted like this happened everyday, which was true for the most part. Teddy stood up and patted his hands clean from 'evidence'.

 

"Thank you hyung." Jiyong let out a shaky smile and wiped the corner of his eyes. 

 

Teddy remained quiet while looking at him blankly. Jiyong glanced over to Seunghyun, mentally asking him if he did something wrong and he just shrugged in response. "D-d-did I do something, hyung?" He asked, uncertain.

 

"You look so good that it's offending me." he scowled at him. "I don't know why but I ing hate you right now, you handsome piece of ." 

 

Jiyong doesn't know if he should treat his statement as an insult or a compliment so he just gave him a hesitant smile and a "Thank you." 

 

"WHERE'S OPPA?!" Bom shouted from Dara's bedroom. "Did he see me?? Omo, I think I'm gonna pass out."

 

"YAH!" Seunghyun suddenly yelled, his voice laced with seriousness and a threatening tone. "Stop getting distracted and do your ing job already!" 

 

The guys heard Bom squeal from the other side of the door and soon the girl became quiet. The rest of the guys look at Seunghyun with raised brows while he just gave them a smug and triumphant look. 

 

"Is Bommie a..." Teddy started but stopped when he saw the smirk on Seunghyun's lips. 

 

"Yes." He replied with conviction. 

 

"What does that mean?" Jiyong looked at the both of them confusedly. When no one answered, he asked again but Seunghyun just stifled his smirk while Teddy looked at him disgustedly. 

 

"JIYONG-AH! GET OUT OF THERE! SAVE YOUR PURE MIND!" Dara yelled. 

 

Her boyfriend hesitantly complied and reluctantly went downstairs. His innocence doesn't need to be tainted by Bom's . 

 

Oh no, not today. 

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 


DARA

 

 

I really wouldn't be wearing this freaking dress if it weren't for my brothers bribing me with money and ramen. Why am I so weak to the both of those? 

 

"Dara-yah, stop slouching! You look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. You're ruining your dress!" Bom slapped my arm and I growled at her. 

 

My 'fashion forward' brothers bought me a strapless chiffon dress that was white on the top and black starting from my waist down. The dress reached to my toes and I swear that I tripped 7 times because of this. There was also a gold belt-thing in the part where the white and the black divide. I'm sure there was a term for this but in all honesty, I really don't care. All I know is that this dress was really extenuating my lack of ies. It's like I'm looking at a board. And then there's Bom who's s were almost gonna pop out any second now. 

 

Damn cruel, cruel fate. You are a total beotch. 

 

Bom also took the liberty of putting my hair up in a messy champignon... chiffon.. chicken... ?

 

"Bom-ah, what did you call this again?" I pointed at my hair and I heard her release a very long breath. 

 

"It's a chignon!" She angrily said.

 

"Whoa, holy . Calm down, I was just asking. Jesus Christ." 

 

Okay, so she put my hair up in a messy chignon which looked really nice on me actually. I gave my self a nod of approval as I looked through my mirror that still had those unidentifiable stains. I felt Bom push me to the door and I just let her. 

 

"Seunghyun-ah. Jiyongie! It's time, you can let us go out now." Bom yawned and knocked on the door lazily. 

 

We heard a lot of scuffling from the other side and we both looked at each other confusedly, but nonetheless we couldn't wait to get out of this hell hole. 

 

The door slowly creaked open and we found no one waiting for us on the other side. Bom stepped out first and I just waited at the door with my eyes turned into slits, suspicious of what was happening. I saw Bom looking to her left and when she looked to her right she was suddenly pulled away from my sight making my widen my eyes in shock. I hurriedly went out of my room carrying my heels and looked to the direction where Bom was taken. 

 

"Mother of God."

 

My brothers, Seunghyun, Jiyong, and Youngbae were all gawking at me with their mouths agape. Wait... Youngbae? What's that bag doing here? 

 

"What?" I asked and looked down to see if there was something weird on my dress. "And you," I pointed at the smirking Youngbae that had his mouth slightly opened. "What are you doing here, you midget?" 

 

Youngbae shrugged. "Looking for something entertaining." 

 

"You look absolutely breathtaking." Jiyong smiled and slowly walked to me without breaking his gaze off of my eyes. 

 

I scrunched my face to hide my blushing cheeks but when I heard him chuckle, I just turned even redder. They all gave me teasing looks and I gave them the mighty finger of '-off-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter