Just A Little Push

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Okay class. Settle down. I said settle down. Wha.. Hey. Stop! YAH!"

 

The students inside Mr. Han's class stopped for a moment to look lazily at their teacher who was fuming. He heaved a deep and very audible breath to calm the tingling strands of hair on his head. The students silently agreed to themselves to stop ing around for now knowing that their beloved teacher only has a few years left to live.

 

His students may not know it but their teacher's actually just 31. And yet he's already balding and producing grey hair and an insane amount of wrinkles. Hell, he could pass off as one of those patients in those old folk's home. 

 

He should've really stuck with his first option which was a professional figure skater. People just had to tell him to be realistic. 

 

And this is what he gets for listening to people who don't know . 

 

"Thank you!" Mr. Han said exasperatedly. "Now, listen up. We have a new student joining our class today." 

 

The entirety of the class began to murmur to themselves, confused and a little bit irritated. Why would someone join their class when there's only 3 months left of school? How dumb do you have to be to want to go to school?! God, kids and their tendencies to make bad choices. Choosing school over free time. PFFFFFT, what a joke. 

 

Mr. Han looked at his seemingly busy students blankly. He's been teaching for 5 years now and he can feel his life energy decreasing as fast as $100 flat screen TVs on Black Friday. 

 

He grabbed a thick text book with two hands and slammed it in full force at the desk in the front. 

 

*WHACK* (what an impressive sound effect) 

 

Unlike before where his students would immediately straighten up and pay attention, now his students would just scowl at him and face the front with an annoyed expression. Mr. Han was about to erupt in another round of adult tantrums but a loud thud from the outside of his class suddenly interrupted him. 

 

Mr. Han bolted to the door and most of his class followed except for the two people who were sitting on the back. 

 

They suddenly heard loud shrieks coming from the girls and scuffling from outside their classroom door. 

 

One of the two was wearing a huge frown with their face showing creases as deep as an underwater abyss. While the other was bouncing in their seat while covering their mouth to hide an impending squeal. 

 

Can you guess which is which? 

 

Dara looked at Jiyong with pure disgust and discontent. He had his eyes closed and he was screaming inaudibly.Get a load of this guy. 

 

"Yah." she pushed him hard and he hit the wall with a smile across his face. "You look like a psychopath right now. Wipe that smile off of your face before little children see you." 

 

"Daraaaaaaaa" 

 

"What?" 

 

"Youngbae is here!" he whispered and giggled to himself. 

 

And here we go again. 

 

Jiyong covered his face while shaking his head like a maniac. And she could just look at him with the utmost repulsion. 

 

Their eyes darted to the door and they saw their classmates hurrying back inside the room. Meanwhile the two readied their positions. Dara was sitting straight on her desk looking as lovely as ever while Jiyong's head was rested on his arms, seemingly taking a nap. 

 

Mr. Han shouted at his students to sit back down and behave like the productive children of society that they were. Dara glanced over to the front and saw the girls shrieking and spasming like what Jiyong did earlier. Jiyong discreetly peeked over his arms, anticipating his best friend being his classmate once again. 

 

Mr. Han cleared his throat and got everyone's attention. He looked over to the door and motioned the ever-so mysterious student to come in. He walked towards the teacher while simultaneously yawning and rubbing his face awake. 

 

He was rather short but nevertheless he was still very much good looking. He had his hair dyed in a somewhat chestnut brown color and it flowed freely on his head. Like Fabio. Oh very much like Fabio. But sadly not long as Fabio's hair. 

 

The girls in the class shamelessly swooned at him and clutched their heart. Another hot guy has been added to their class! Jiyong, Seunghyun (despite his retardedness, he was handsome as ), and now this tired-looking devil?! They were in paradise. 

 

Youngbae raked his hair back and slowly opened his eyes. He scanned the whole room before zeroing in on the two very amusing people that's been on his mind for quite a while now. The class followed the direction of his gaze and looked at Jiyong and Dara confusedly. Dara just raised her brows at them while Jiyong gave them a lazy-looking death glare. 

 

Mr. Han cleared his throat again and his students faced the front. "Please introduce yourself, Youngbae-ssi." 

 

Youngbae suddenly stretched which made his uniform hike up and reveal a bit of his abs. The girls gasped loudly while covering their mouths.

 

What a pleasant surprise and the day was just starting.

 

He yawned once again before looking at the class with an unreadable expression. 

 

"Dong Youngbae." he said briefly. 

 

"Erhm, do you have anything else to add, Youngbae-ssi?" Mr. Han fixed his glasses. "So your classmates get to know you better?" 

 

Youngbae puckered his lips in thought as he hummed a familiar children's song. He looked back over to Dara and Jiyong's direction and found Dara's eyes burning with hate while Jiyong's were twinkling as bright as Mr. Han's bald spots. He smirked seeing the two polar opposites and the girls felt their underwear getting wet. 

 

He suddenly pointed over to their direction with a smirk still plastered on his face. They all looked back at the two once again with bemused looks and wondering eyes. 

 

"If any of you mess with that idiot over there," they looked back at the now blank-looking Youngbae. "you'll get it from me." 

 

"HHhngg, I want to get it from you." one girl moaned making the boys cringe. 

 

Seunghyun raised his hand up high while shaking his fingers. Youngbae nodded at him and he stood up. 

 

"Which idiot are you talking about?" Seunghyun inquired and peeked over to the two sitting behind him. 

 

"My best friend." 

 

Jiyong blushed at his statement and hid his reddening cheeks by facing the window and resting his chin on the palm of his hands. Dara inwardly grimaced at her seat mate and pinched his arm but he didn't react which made her grimace even more. 

 

Now Bom was the one who raised her hand up. Youngbae nodded to her as well and she stood up. 

 

"Which one?" Bom glanced down on Dara and Jiyong's heads.

 

"The one that doesn't kick sand in your face and throw food at you." 

 

Bom and Seunghyun briefly looked at each other and silently concluded who Youngbae was pertaining too. There was no way that their angel Jiyong would do such a thing. 

 

"DARA'S YOUR BEST FRIEND?!" 

 

"Dara-yah, you're so lucky."

 

"Yeah, it must be her. Dara would never do that!" And the class nodded amongst themselves. 

 

"Ani, it's not me." Dara shook her head. Youngbae and Dara eyed one another while Dara struggled to keep her face from scowling. 

 

"Then were you the one that kicked....." a classmate of her started. 

 

She was quick to tell them that she didn't do any of those things to him even though she did do them. They all looked at each other with uncertainty in their eyes. Dara started to panic on the inside. Why did they get suspicious all of the sudden? She was sure that there wasn't anyone that she knew in the beach when she did her psychotic rampage. She didn't show them that she was fazed by their rather judgmental looks at her, but she can't help but to think of the worst. 

 

Jiyong slammed his fist on his desk all of the sudden, successfully garnering everyone's attention. He stood up and glared at all of them, and they all froze in their spots completely terrified.

 

"When she says she didn't do it, she didn't do it." He said in an eerily calm voice. "Now mind you're own business before I mind yours." 

 

They all faced the front with beads of sweat trailing on their face. On the other hand, Bom, Seunghyun, and Youngbae looked at the dragon with teasing eyes. 

 

Jiyong glanced at Dara and saw her bowing her head down. He held her chin up to face him and looked at her worriedly.

 

Are you alright?

 

Yeah. I'm fine. 

 

Don't worry, I'm here.

 

Oh, I feel so protected.

 

I'll be right here with you.

 

Jiyong---

 

I'll protect you. 

 

"Yah, stop staring into each other's eyes and face the front." Bom teased the two. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter