Hanging Out In the Kwon House

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DARA

 

 

"I spy with my little eye something green, ani -- mostly brown with orange."

 

"A tree."

 

"What kind though?"

 

"A tree that has sharp branches to poke you with until you bleed." I nonchalantly looked at him and smiled at his horrified face. "That kind."

 

We've been driving for about 30 minutes now and all that we could see were trees. Where the hell is Jiyong's house? Narnia?! I would've bid them a cheerful 'adios' already if it weren't for this weird but oddly satisfying leather fabric on my . Jiyong and his dad were busy talking English for most of the ride and I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. Why would they even speak English? in suspicious handsome men. Wait... did I say handsome? Mmmmh, yeah. I can't even argue with that. The Kwon gene is amazing. I can't wait to see his other relatives. 

 

I sat in the middle while Bom and Seunghyun were beside me. At first they were really stiff on their seats but as time dragged on, they got more comfortable and began playing patty cake while purposefully hitting me. And these two are just a couple of months older than me by the way. If people mistook them as a couple of 'special cases' and me as their aid, I wouldn't correct them. They're a bunch of retards. But they're my retards so every thing works out. 

 

I scrutinized Jiyong from the back just to keep myself from being bored. I don't know what it is about him but there's something in me that wants to get closer to him. I don't like him nor do I hate him, but I feel myself getting pulled by his mismatched looks and personality. Maybe I just want to be with him for my amusement. He is full of surprises after all. Yeah, that's gotta be it. And plus, he still has that recording of me calling him a 'face'. I should really delete that when I have the chance. That proof is too dangerous. I don't know what I'll do when people find out about me.

 

I looked to the window and noticed that the trees where lessening. After a few minutes, all we could see now was a vast open area with some shrubbery and neatly trimmed grass. Ooooh, I think we're getting closer to their house! I could feel the car slowly come to a halt. Seunghyun and Bom pressed their cheeks to mine so that they could see where we were. Couldn't they see it in the windows beside them?

 

Idiots. 

 

"Whoa..." Bom salivated a little bit.

 

Seunghyun hurriedly patted my shoulder with twinkling eyes. I gave him a side glance before hitting him on the arm since he was getting annoying. I saw Mr. Kwon get out of the car and Jiyong followed. I elbowed Bom and Seunghyun since they were still too caught up peeing their pants while looking at the Kwon house. 

 

"Yah, get out. They already left." I pushed their faces to the doors. 

 

We got out only to be met by the serious face of Mr. Kwon along with his son's sheepish smile. 

 

"Welcome to our home." Mr. Kwon smiled warmly at us. 

 

 

"Pardon me, Mr. Kwon. Let me just say this. Your house," Seunghyun gave him an okay sign "is as perf as your son." 

 

Mr. Kwon laughed while roughly patting Seunghyun's back making him stagger a bit. On the other hand, I saw Jiyong blush at his statement and rub the back of his neck. I unconsciously let out a sturgeon face as I thought of something interesting. Very interesting indeed. 

 

"I'll head inside first, arasso?" And with that he left us on the driveway to bask at their house. 

 

"YAH!" Bom punched Jiyong's arm earning a wince from him. She then gave him an apologetic look and rubbed the part that she hit. "You told us you weren't rich!"

 

"S-ss-sorry. I didn't mean to make you guys feel uncomfortable. I should've stopped abeoji when I had the chance... Sorry..."

 

I scowled at Jiyong and lightly pushed his shoulder. "We're already here so stop with that kind of thinking, arasso?" I then looked at Bom, "Speak louder will you. Their house doesn't even scream 'rich'. It just looks like a plain old house."

 

"That's plain to you?! What's this compared to yours, or mine, or Bom-ah's?!" 

 

I shrugged at him and gave Jiyong a thumbs up. I kind of expected this already when we were at the car. There's been rumors that there was a rich family living in the outskirts of town. Who would've known that Jiyong was a part of that rich family. I don't know if they're really rich or not, and I'm not in the right position to judge him based on his wealth. But if he was rich, they would have a swimming pool. Rich people always have swimming pools lying around somewhere. And so far, I ain't seeing no swimming pools. 

 

"Do you guys want to look at the outside first before going inside? I-I don't usually get a lot of visitors so I really don't know what I'm doing right now." Jiyong said nervously.

 

"Don't worry. You're doing great." I draped my arm over his shoulder and smiled at him. "C'mon young master. Make us feel jealous and flaunt your lovely house." 

 

He looked at me worriedly before letting out a genuine smile. How cute. He looks like a little kid that needs protecting. Maybe that's it too. Ahh, I don't know. Whatever. 

 

He then went off and showed us the exterior of the house. He explained to us in great detail how his father and his friends managed to build this in just a year. Sometimes he used fancy words that were too hard for us to comprehend so we just nodded at him when it would seem appropriate. He then walked us to the back of the house and I stopped on my tracks making them all look back at me. 

 

"You... have.. a pool." 

 

"Yeah, is there a problem?"

 

"You. Have. A. Pool." 

 

The three looked at each other then back at me as if I had another head. 

 

"YOU HAVE A POOL!" I suddenly glomped him not minding that I was breaking his personal bubble. 

 

"W-w-what's going on?" 

 

I saw Bom and Seunghyun look at each other before snapping their fingers. 

 

"I remember this! I remember this! Uhh what was it?" Bom tapped Seunghyun's arm while in deep thought. 

 

"OH! I know! Dara has a for swimming pools!"

 

" off. How can swimming pools even be a ? You erted maniac." I hissed. 

 

I was like a koala and Jiyong was the tree. I was still very much invading his personal space by putting my legs around his waist while my arms were over his shoulders. I could feel him get all fidgety in his spot which just made me grip him tighter. He had his hands slightly up since he refused to touch me back, much to my amusement. I cupped his face and made him look at me. 

 

"You are rich."

 

"Thanks?" Jiyong gave me a crooked smile. 

 

I then removed myself from him and straightened my uniform. I looked at the swimming pool longingly. In the 18 years of my existence, this is the first time that I've seen a swimming pool in real life. It sounds pathetic because it is. I've always seen it on TV or in the internet but never in real life. Appa once said that he'll buy a big house with a pool in it once we become rich. But all I was left was empty promises and grudges.

 

Jiyong is really lucky. 

 

"Dara, are you alright?" I felt Bom touch my hand. 

 

"Yeah, I just suddenly..." I looked at her and shivered. "can't feel my legs anymore." 

 

To my, and everyone's surprise, Jiyong suddenly carried me bridal style which made Seunghyun howl and cheer like a complete retard and Bom whistle. 

 

"Should we take this in bed?" I asked.

 

"Ppali, let's get in. It's getting dark already." he completely ignored my teasings and went straight to their back door.

 

He asked Seunghyun to open the doors and we were greeted by the shocked faces of what I assume was the rest of his family. Well, who wouldn't be? Their son was carrying a plebeian-looking girl that had her skirt hiking up only to reveal her folded up jogging pants. I unconsciously let out a moan when I felt Jiyong's arm brush against my legs. His family looked at me with wide eyes and I could hear Bom and Seunghyun's muffled laughter.

 

"Put me down! Put me down!!!" I half whispered.

 

"No, your legs are still cold. Didn't you say you were having trouble walking?" He said aloud.

 

I sheepishly smiled at his relatives who were quietly staring at me. I then directed my gaze to Jiyong who was acting like he does this everyday.

 

"Then put me on a goddamn chair! Jiyong-ahhhhh, you're embarassing me!" I whined quietly. 

 

"Eomonim, noona, Minzy-ah, these are my..." he looked at us, uncertain on what to say. We've never really discussed our relationship with him since we just literally noticed and talked to him like... 2 days ago? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter