An Old Face

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara tossed and her bed as dreams of a certain someone eluded her. She felt a pair of strong arms circling her waist and a head resting on top of hers. She furrowed her brows while her eyes were still firmly shut. Ever since they started living in this apartment, Bom and her have been sharing a bed. Bom was very territorial with the space and would often only give Dara a quarter of the bed. So she really got confused when she felt the amount of space that she had. She also never knew that Bom was a cuddler too. It wasn't bad but it was very... unusual. 

 

She felt for her hands and found them to be rough... almost man-like. The crease on her forehead just got deeper as she continued feeling for her hands. They were soft but they weren't as soft as hers. Had Bom always had man-hands? 

 

She turned to her with her eyes still tightly shut. She heard a giggle but it sounded a bit deeper than her usual giggles. Boy, Bom must be having her off day today. 

 

Dara now trailed her hands on her arms and stopped on her biceps. She lightly squeezed it and let out a sturgeon face when she found that it was rock solid. She absentmindedly gave her a thumbs up and scooted her face on the crook of her neck, sensing a comfortable familiarity with her. 

 

"Have you been lifting, Bommie-yah?" she asked groggily. 

 

"Sometimes when I have the chance." 

 

She abruptly opened her eyes and found herself nesting on the crook of an overly familiar neck. She slightly moved back and focused her eyes on her Adam's apple. She poked it and she heard her release a manly laugh. She didn't know if her mind was playing tricks on her or what. Was she still dreaming right now? 

 

Dara finally looked up only to see the grinning face of Kwon Jiyong. She stared at him blankly for a minute before flicking his forehead and snuggling her face on his chest. She closed her eyes again and smiled on his chest. Jiyong started rubbing her back as he put his leg over hers.

 

"You're heavy."

 

"It's the weight of my love."

 

"Why're you here? Where's Bom-ah?" 

 

"Bom's at work. And I'm here to pick you up." 

 

She looked up to him with squinted eyes and asked, "Pick me up for what?" 

 

He brushed the hair away from her face and stared at her with a smile. "For school."

 

Dara suddenly shot up and looked worriedly at the alarm clock. She sighed in relief when she saw that she still had two hours before her first class. She smacked his side and he pouted. 

 

"God! I thought that I was late." she wiped off an imaginary sweat stain and jumped back to bed, accidentally hitting Jiyong's face. "Why are you really here?" She looked up with her big round eyes. 

 

He nursed his nose and pouted. "Can't I just come here because I missed you?" 

 

She cringed and took her top off to put her bra back on when Jiyong suddenly held her arm. She covered her exposed peaks with her spare arm as she squinted her eyes at him. He had a very serious face on, a very serious face that meant business... like 'wall street ka-ching' business. He snatched her shirt and tossed it on the floor away from her. She raised a brow at him while he remained staring at her impassively. She grabbed her bra but Jiyong caught the other end. The two stared at each other blankly for a span of minutes. 

 

Dara's upper body was but he arm were covering the only things that mattered while Jiyong was urging himself not to look down, knowing that he was weak by the mere sight of her flawless skin. Dara lightly tugged on her bra which only made him tug it back. She laughed unbelievingly and gripped on the other end of the bra that they were using for tug-of-war. 

 

"Let go." She said menacingly. 

 

"You're better without it. Have you read those studies that say that wearing a bra for more than 12 hours is bad for you? I care about your health, Dara." He stifled a smirk but he failed miserably. 

 

She scoffed and just went to grab the oversized shirt that he tossed on the floor. She put it on and put her hair up messily. Jiyong's eyes unconsciously darted to her s that were becoming more noticeable by the second. She absentmindedly put a pair of joggers on and went to the kitchen, leaving him behind on the bedroom. 

 

"This is what I get for letting you in my pants. Chincha... Where's the love gone?" She muttered under her breath as she began making coffee. 

 

He leaned on the doorway and chuckled while gazing over the petite figure in front of him. He went to her and draped his arms on his waist. He then started singing the song he sang her when he confessed and she joined along by humming it. He had never failed to sing her song to her. Every time he sang or even hummed it, she would always feel butterflies just like what the song says. She rested her head on his chest as the both of them waddled to the window while she drank her coffee. He would give her kisses on the temple in between his singing and she would always shy away from him making him smile. 

 

"How's workshop?" he asked. 

 

It's been almost 2 weeks since their first day of school and after a week from seeing what she'll be getting in the Drama Department, she declined. They almost got her when they offered free food though. 

 

She chose the safe route because she heard that it was a competitive field. You either make it or you don't, and most of the time the odds are against you. She was really felt bad for Mr. Rogé since he was the one who offered her the course, heck he even got her a scholarship. She just didn't feel that she had the passion for it and she didn't want to continue knowing that her efforts were just going to be half-assed. She also declined when Mr. Rogé continued to give her the scholarship. It would've helped her a lot but she just didn't feel like it was right. Although she didn't choose to be in the Drama Department, Mr. Rogé offered her some acting workshops to enhance her skills. She was a bit reluctant at first but the sassy drama head just kept on giving her sermons about wasting one's gifts and all that so she ended up accepting it in the end, 

 

"It's okay. They still have free food so I'm not complaining." she shrugged. "How's Business Ed?"

 

Jiyong, being one of those young master's in those K-dramas, had the cliché Business major. Well who can blame him? The young master life chose him. Although he's not an heir to Samsung, his family belonged in the badly-named Dong Group of Companies or the more decent-sounding DGC. It was headed by Youngbae's family who was close to being as powerful as the Samsung Group but since their HQ was in abroad, their name in Korea wasn't as big. Right now, Dami was acting as head of one of the big firms in the company in place of Jiyong. It used to be their father but he got moved to Samsung, which was allied to DGC. Dami hated her job and just thanked the gods that Jiyong was stupid enough to take her spot. She would rather go back to working as a tattoo artist and maybe raise hell on a certain crack head-looking Park. 

 

"It's fine. There's a lot of Math but I'm fortunately understanding most of it." 

 

"Just please don't tell me you still count with your fingers." 

 

She looked up and saw him shifting his eyes away from her. She laughed and snuggled the back of her head on his chest. 

 

"We still have about 2 hours. I get ready pretty quickly so what do you wanna do until then." 

 

He turned her around and smiled cheekily at her. 

 

"Let me handle it, milady." 

 

He smirked. 

 

 

___________________________________

 

 


DARA

 

 

"When's your break?" He asked.

 

"Not until 3 or so." 

 

"Oh, darn. I have class at 3. Will you be alright?"

 

"Neh, I think Seunghyunnie and I have the same break time. I can just eat lunch with him. I just don't know about Bom. She may still be working." 

 

"Well Youngbae and I have the same schedule so we probably won't be there. Sorry..."

 

"What are you apologizing for?" I smiled and pinched his cheek. "I'll be fine, Jiyongie. You worry to much." 

 

"Arasso arasso. Call me if anything happens, okay? I'll just see you at the end of school then." 

 

I nodded at him and puckered my lips. He kissed me but he didn't stop and before he went deeper, I broke it thus resulting his infamous pout. I gave him one last peck on the cheek before opening the door and smiling at him. "Thanks for the ride, Ji! I'll see you later." 

 

"I LOVE YOU!" He shouted with all his car windows leveled down making the entire world hear his confession. 

 

I blushed when people were starting to look at us funny. He was sitting securely on his car while I was standing there out in the open, waiting to be shamed. I gave him an inconspicuous finger while he threw hearts at me. I scowled at him and just mouthed an 'I love you' and I could see him grinning at me like a little boy that was given candy. I waved him good bye and started making my way to my first class. 

 

My department branches of from Business Ed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter