Sudden Opportunity

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


DARA

 

 

It's been a few weeks since we went to Seoul to check our names on the university board. Bom and I decided to live together and we found a warm and cozy 1 bedroom condo that had an amazing bathroom that one can compare to a five star hotel's bathroom and a modern kitchen equipped with the latest kitchen tools. Huh, isn't that just splendid. See those italicized lines? You know what that means? Huh, do you?

 

They're all just a bunch of bull. Literal bull feces that stink like decaying corpses in a morgue. 

 

The pamphlet for that condo was the complete opposite of the wonderland that we were hoping for. Warm and cozy meant small and humid like the pits of hell. Amazing bathroom that you can compare to a five star hotel? Pfft, more like a sad, sad bathroom that you can compare to an old newspaper in the corner of a room that had piss stains on it. And best of all, when they meant 'equipped with modern kitchen tools' they didn't mean those new fancy ones that cost a load, they meant modern meaning a microwave, a fridge, and an electric stove. I mean how modern can you get? Those are the epitome of modern!

 

Can you sense the sarcasm? Well you better sense that because I get overly sarcastic when I'm angry. Someone get me a ing Snickers bar. I bet that'll help me a wholllleee lot.  

 

Apparently almost half the people in Korea don't have access to these 'modern inventions' yet. By half of Korea does he mean the entirety of North Korea?! That sneaky son of a was very picky with his wording. He used the general term 'Korea' instead of 'South Korea'. You can never trust those lawyers, especially if they're landlords too. He insisted that he wasn't lying with his descriptions of the condo and said that we just expected too much. 

 

What a gigantic puss in today's society. 

 

But it was the only place that we could afford and our future neighbors looked nice so I just have to live with it. But I swear, one day I'll get my sweet justice from being tricked by that conniving rat. 

 

Jiyong was something else though. He was a pain in the like that douche landlord, but at least he had the decency to be cute and caring about it. But it came to a point that it became somewhat troublesome and a bit annnoying. He would insist on a daily, that all of us just stayed with him in their house in Seoul but since Bom and I are too adamant about being strong, independent, proud women, we got stuck with a condo that's no better than an outhouse. So in the end, Jiyong got stuck living with Seunghyun. Youngbae said that he can't live with him because he already has a dorm on campus. 

 

 

3 DAYS AGO -- AT DARA'S HOUSE; A DAY AFTER BOM AND DARA WERE APPROVED TO LIVE ON THE APARTMENT

 

"Daaaarrrrrrraaaaaaaa"

 

Jiyong s his arms on her waist while she started fixing and packing all her stuff. This also helped with cleaning the dump site she calls her room. He put his head on her shoulder and nuzzled his hair on the crook of her neck while Dara, with her irked face, moved her head away from him because his hair was tickling her. Although despite that, she still managed to play along with his antics by distractedly snuggling up on his head as she was in the midst of packing. 

 

"Daaaaarrrrrraaaaaaaa"

 

"I already told you, Jiyong. I need to make it on my own. I don't want to be dependent for the rest of my life." She turned to him and he frowned at her. "Who am I? Seunghyun?" She then returned to folding some clothes while Jiyong just whined even more. 

 

"Who says that I'm going to make you dependent?"

 

"Tell me. Remind me what we did in Seoul?" 

 

A smirk appeared on his face and he leaned in closer to her ear and playfully nibbled in her earlobe. "Do you want me to remind you right now?" He whispered huskily. 

 

Dara looked back at him with a blank expression on her face. He was wearing a very cocky look along with a familiar cocky smirk. He was incessantly wiggling his brows at her, he was clearly suggesting some bow chicka wow wow. But unfortunately and shockingly, she was just not having it today. She pinched his nose hard making him quickly let go of her. And this bipolar woman kissed him on the cheek to comfort him while he nursed his aching nose. 

 

"You treated me like a baby when we were in Seoul. Honestly, it was cute and sweet, and I'm grateful for that. But then you end up paying for everything that I buy even though I had enough money. And you check up on me every minute even though I was always beside you throughout the entire trip. You do everything for me. Hell if you were in the bathroom, I bet you wouldn't hesitate to wipe my when I was done." She massaged his pouty lips and gave it a quick peck. "If you keep being like that then might end up being those idiot housewives who spend all their husband's cash on lip injections and my impending alcoholism." 

 

"So what your saying is..." He gave her a boyish grin and she furrowed her brows in confusion. "You'll be the housewife and I'll be the husband?" 

 

She scowled at his twinkling eyes and gave his side a pinch. To humor her, he acted as if it hurt and winced loudly making her giggle. He smiled at her laughing figure and took her by the waist again while they both faced each other. 

 

"Yah, you always take the pieces that you just want to hear."

 

He took her hand and placed it on his lips where he gave her palm feathery kisses. She couldn't see it but she could tell that he was smiling at him just by looking at his eyes. Whenever he smiles, his eyes follow. They squint a little bit and small wrinkles would form on the corner of his eyes. 

 

"I'm just glad you brought up that idea." She felt him grin on her hand. "Because I'm planning to make that come true." 

 

She blushed at his not-so-sudden declaration and shied away from him. Her boyfriend chuckled at her flustered state and opted to admire her from afar since she was starting to look agitated. They've known each other for a year now, and they only started dating 7 months later.

 

Things sure moved fast with the both of them. At first he was terrified of her while she wants him killed, and now he can't get enough of her while she's acting shy because of him. Although they're pace was faster than those of 'normal couples' they didn't care at all. Why? Because they never found themselves to be one of those normal couples. They were their own unique combination that no dating convention could define. They were just them. 

 

"But really Jiyong, I'm just not ready to move in with you. That's basically the same as marrying someone and I...."

 

He could see the hesitant and worried look in her eyes. She was trying so hard to choose the right words that wouldn't make him think that she doesn't want to be with him. She wants too but she's just not ready. It was too big of a commitment. Even though they were 'united' already, her parent's past was still haunting her and she wants to make sure that things between them are all good and steady. She doesn't want another disappointment that will be engraved in her memory. 

 

"No." He gave her a warm smile and tucked strands of her hair behind her ear, "It's fine. I understand. I'm sorry for being so insistent. I just really want to be with you everyday. I'm just glad you're at least considering the idea." He kissed her forehead and sighed. "The things you make me do Sandara Park." 

 

"Arasso, the things I make you do." She smiled. "Now go put those clothes in the box."

 

Jiyong had a better idea brewing on his mind. He dinosaur-stepped over the heaps of clutter on the floor and closed her bedroom door shut. The sound of it made Dara stop from what she was doing and look to his direction. He was giving her a seductive look and despite her efforts of trying not to be so easy, she failed miserably. She quickly pulled her pants down and he did the same. 

 

They just stared at each other's half- lower body for about a minute before they both lunged to each other and kissed and felt each other in the cluttered room. 

 

It's a really good thing that they were the only ones home at that moment. 

 

Because after that they had wild . 

 

END OF FLASHBACK -- NOW AT DARA'S HOUSE (AGAIN) WITH THE WHOLE SCOOBY DOO GANG

 

 

"I can't wait until Saturday!" Bom giddily spazzed out on the couch while muffling her shrieks on a throw pillow. 

 

On Saturday, all of us will be moving to Seoul and into our own places. Youngbae's on the campus. Jiyong and that leech -- Seunghyun, on Jiyong's family's house. And Bom and I on that crappy apartment. On Saturday we will start living independently like the responsible adults that we have grown to be. 

 

Pffftttt. I almost made myself laugh. 'Responsible adults' my . I am just so high-larious. 

 

I should be a comedian. 

 

The sound of three consecutive knocks suddenly entered our ears. All of our heads perked up, except for that by the name of Youngbae who always seemed to be passed out in my couch. 

 

With a grunt, I stood up and made myself look presentable while still wearing my pajamas despite being 2 in the afternoon already. I opened the door and was greeted by an overly happy-looking mail man who had a smile that was bright as the sun. And you guys know what the sun and I's relationship was. 

 

er.

 

"I got some mail from a Ms. Sandara.. Park, and Jay Park?" He merrily handed me a bunch of letters and I just bowed at him as a sign of respect. He bid me with a cheerful goodbye. And I swear I saw him somersaulting while being followed by forest animals that had an array of flowers and with the end of the rainbow inching closer to his every step.

 

I bet that guy was stoned. Ani, stoned as . Yup. That seems reasonable. 

 

I closed the door and carelessly threw the mail on the coffee table. Being the nosy person that she was, Bom immediately grabbed the envelope that was named after me while Jiyong looked over her shoulder. 

 

"JAY! YOU GOT MAIL!"

 

"Holy crap, use your indoor voice will you?" Seunghyun gave me an irritated look while picking on his ear. "So unladylike." 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you on your period?"

 

He then looked at me with his mouth wide opened. Judging from his astonished expression, I could tell that he was offended. Look at me being so perceptive. Seunghyun laughed bitterly while giving me a scowl. 

 

I heard hurried steps coming from the stairs and I found Jay coming to our direction with only a pair of boxers on. We all took a moment to look at him and after that wonderful bonding moment, we nonchalantly went back to doing our own thing. My friends were already used to my brothers' half-ness. Whenever it was summer, they would gradually lessen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter