That Was Easy

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

DONGHAE

 

 

I don't know if milk gets you drunk but I sure feel like I can do almost anything now as soon as I finished my 5th carton of whole milk. 

 

I also feel bloated and I can already taste the regret. That's what alcohol does to people, right? 

 

It's already what... 8 in the evening? And I'm just here sitting on a park bench facing the Han River with a bunch of empty milk cartons scattered around. I looked at my phone to check if I'd received any messages but there was absolutely nothing. I had an old picture of Dara as my wallpaper and I scowled at it. That girl didn't even text or call me back to check up on me. She's probably with Jiyong, ing around or something like that. 

 

I let out a frustrated groan while opening another carton of milk and downing it. People in here don't care if you buy a load of beer but when you buy a ton of milk, they'll start to give you nasty looks. God, things in here are so backwards. I mean Dara chose a thug-looking boyfriend when she could've had this piece of glory that was me. Aigoo, the world is so ed up right now. 

 

So ed up, dude. 

 

Hehehe, I'm so wasted right now. 

 

"What are you doing, Lee Donghae?" A voice caught the attention of my totally turnt state. 

 

I looked behind me and saw the devil looking at me amusedly. I held up my milk like I was toasting and threw him another carton of milk. Maybe we can get drunk together. 

 

He sat beside me while cleaning up the mess I made with the milk containers. I grimaced at him and just continued to chug my alternative alcohol. 

 

"Dara told me your side." 

 

Oh fancy that. Are we friends now? Should we hold hands and frolic around a meadow of flowers and puppies? 

 

"So?" I hiccuped. 

 

"I'm sorry for not doing anything. I don't know why I always freeze up. It's just---" 

 

"Shh, Jiyong." I put a finger up to his lips to shut his mouth. "Shhhhhhhhhh" 

 

"What---"

 

"I'm drunk." I smiled. 

 

"I don't think people can get drunk off of m---"

 

"Have you ever got drunk?" He shook his head. "The shut your mouth and get drunk with me." 

 

He stared at me for a few seconds before shrugging and drinking out of the carton. I heard him release a contented sigh as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and gently put down the empty container on the pile that he made earlier. We sat beside each other silently, just admiring the dark water in front of us. I felt myself feeling a bit drowsy so I opted to lean my head on his shoulder. He flinched a little and was about to shimmy away from me when I put my hand over his face. He froze for a bit as my hand slightly pressed on to the front of his face. I nuzzled my temple on his shoulder and I could feel him forming a crease on his forehead under my hand. 

 

"I'm drunk." I repeated. 

 

"You can't get drunk off of---"

 

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I pressed my hand closer and lightly squeezed his cheeks together. "Only happiness, Jiyong. Only happiness." 

 

I felt him pull my hand away and I just let him since I was so wasted at that moment. 

 

"So what's the matter lover boy? Why'dafuq are you here?" I snuggled closet to him. Why does he feel so comfy all of the sudden? "Where's my princess?" 

 

He stiffened when I said 'princess'. I laughed triumphantly in my head as I sensed his uneasiness with the word. Seunghyun and Bom told me that Dara doesn't like being called princess because it reminded her of me. But when I came back and called her that again, she doesn't seem to mind it anymore. Heh, 1 point for Donghae. 

 

"Can you stop calling her that?" I heard him say. 

 

I laughed bitterly and shook my head. He suddenly pulled me up to face him and I could see the rage in his eyes. I just looked at him with a bored expression and yawned in his face. God, that milk sure packs a punch. I feel like I'm about to pass up any minute now. 

 

"I said stop calling her that." he gritted. 

 

I smiled at him but I could feel my lips starting to tremble. "You already have her in every aspect. We all know that she only has eyes for you. She'll never look at me that way ever again. I'm just glad she doesn't mind being friends with me but you don't know how much it hurts. She would never fail to rub it in my face how happy she is with you. She'll never be mine, Jiyong." I mumbled. "So at least let me have just one thing. Even if it's just a joke to her... I can live with it. She's my princess but I'll never truly be his prince." 

 

I could see Jiyong's lips starting to shake as he avoided my eyes. I decided to give him a hug knowing where those pouting lips would lead to. I tiredly patted his back while I heard him sniffling over my shoulder. Jiyong never really had changed either. He will always be the crybaby from back then. But I'm glad this crybaby can handle himself now. Look at me being all sentimental and . I sound like my dad. Man, that milk is strong. 

 

"C'mon dude stop it. People will think were gay." I yawned and unconsciously nuzzled on the crook of his neck. Damn, Jiyong feels like a pillow. No wonder Dara loves him. I could just cuddle up to him all day. 

 

I heard him laugh and removed my hands from him. I reluctantly let go and just slumped back on the bench. 

 

"I've never seen you act like this, Donghae-ah. I'm glad you're comfortable with me now." I saw him grin. 

 

I furrowed my brows at him with my eyes closed. "Have you not been paying attention? I. Am. Drunk." 

 

I saw him nod his head while chuckling. He then started patting me on the back. 

 

"Are we good now?" I mused. "Or are you still hurt?" 

 

"If you know your place, then we're good." He answered coolly. 

 

Oh ho ho. Look at this hot shot beside me. Jiyong's become more cocky! Maybe it was just the milk talking though. His probably drunk like I am right now. 

 

"If you know that Dara and I are only platonic, then we're good too." I put my head back on his shoulder but he pushed it away. "Plus, I'm kinda getting turned off by her unladylike evolution."

 

What am I talking about? It just made me want her more. 

 

But he doesn't need to know that. 

 

"Time will pass and hopefully by then I can move on." I assured him. "So don't worry. Didn't she tell you that I got best friendzoned?" 

 

"Yeah, she did." he smirked. "I'll just say sorry on her behalf." 

 

I squinted at him, the corner of my lips slightly tugged up. I then started poking him in the chest earning me a raised brow. "You are such a good boyfriend."

 

Holy , Jiyong's pecks were hard. 

 

"Thanks. I hope you find the right girl for you." 

 

"Yeah, maybe I'll find her in a strip club or a dark alley." 

 

We both burst out laughing and after a few minutes of that, we settled down. Their were now 12 cartons of milk on the pile that we've been making, and I was just getting more drowsier by the minute. I looked at the time in my phone. It was already 10 pm or something. I felt Jiyong nudged me on the arm and I saw him raising a brow at me. 

 

"What?" I asked, confused. 

 

He nodded towards my phone and just then I realized that I still had Dara's picture as the wallpaper. I smiled guiltily at him and discreetly pocketed my phone. "Time just doesn't pass like that, dude. Time takes time so I'll take my time with this picture on my phone." 

 

I saw him smirk again and I was just relieved that he didn't do his jealous fits again. I abruptly stood up and straightened myself. He was looking at me confusedly and a motioned him to stand up as well. He stood with uncertainty and I stood determinate. My feet were pivoted in a battle stance. I smirked inwardly to myself as I started jogging in place to rile myself up. He is so not gonna see this coming.

 

YOU ING GO, DONGHAE! YOU GO!

 

I punched him straight in the jaw, making him stagger. He then turned away from me and I saw him shaking his head.

 

HELL YEAH, DONGHAE! YOU SHOW HIM.

 

"Why did you do that?" I heard him ask.

 

"Let's do this the old fashioned way. Whoever wins gets to keep Dara."

 

YEAH BOIIIIII.

 

I'm alert as a motherer right now. That milk really triggered something in me. I feel energized as . I've been training on the down low. Let's see who wins this round, Jiyong-ah. You may have some hard pecks and strong  hits. But I am as agile as a tiger, balanced as a crane, and wise like an owl. I didn't do a movie marathon on action movies for nothing. I took all their techniques and mastered them. And with my wasted but energized state right now, no one's gonna get in my way. 

 

"LET'S GO!" I shouted and charged at him when he suddenly turned around with his piercing eyes immediately shooting me down. I stepped back a bit but my fighting position was still ON POINT. Like a boxer, I covered my head with my arms and lightly jumped in place. 

 

He was walking towards me and I gulped on my spot when I saw him cracking his knuckles and then his neck. The corner of his lip was bleeding. Yeah, serves you right. No one messes with Donghae. I was inching back away from him when I tripped back because of your carton pile. I hurriedly stood up but before I can position myself again, I was met by his iron fist. I stumbled down and landed and the cold, damp grass.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

Oh we're gonna go, alright. 

 

This Lee is out for blood.

 

 

______________________________________

 

 


DARA

 

 

I called everyone out to 2pm since it was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter