New Place, Same People

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Neh. We just landed. Dara looks completely lost right now and she--- Pfffttt. HAHAHAHA. Yah! watch where you're going Dara-ah!" 

 

The person on the other line spun her chair around while listening to her eldest son over the phone. She stopped and shoved her heels to the side because it was starting to make her feet uncomfortable. She then perched her legs up on the desk not minding if her skirt was hiking up. She was wearing joggers underneath so she can do whatever the hell she wants.

 

Her left hand showed a faint glimmer which caught her eye. She put the phone on speaker and placed it on the desk. Her son was still talking on the phone and she smiled throughout every sentence while playing with the simple band on her finger. She glanced over her desk and gazed longingly at a family portrait, the only one she was able to keep. It was becoming discolored and there were small tears on the corners of the photo. She reached for it and took it our of the picture frame. 

 

Her slim fingers traced each person on the photo lovingly. She flipped it over and read the message for the nth time to herself. It was a handwritten note but she didn't write it. It was a man's. But even so, his handwriting was still ten times better than hers. It had always been and she didn't mind that. She would always get her strength while reading that message. One wouldn't believe how grateful she was that he left a note for her even after what she had done to him.

 

Do it for them.

 

Remember that I love you. 

 

Always. 

 

"What did she do?" The woman asked while putting the photo back in the frame. 

 

She heard shuffling from the other line and then she heard her third son's voice laughing over the other end. "She-- hahaha, oh , I can't. Omma, she---"

 

"Aigoo, why did you even take it if you're not gonna answer properly?" She sighed, frustrated. She was itching to know just what they were laughing about. "Give the phone to someone sane." 

 

She heard people talking loudly and giggling at the other line. She tapped her finger on the desk impatiently now. She blew a raspberry and dipped her chair back as she waited for a voice to answer her.

 

"Hola omma." Her other son greeted. She could see him saluting at her when he said that. She chuckled to herself and stretched, feeling herself getting tired. 

 

"What happened to Dara?" she yawned. 

 

"Oh, she bumped into a foreigner and spilled his coffee. You should've seen her face. It was like she saw a ghost! Now she's..." He paused for a moment. "Bowing to the guy like a maniac while apologizing. But Jiyong already took care of it though." 

 

"What a dork." she snorted. "When are you guys coming?"

 

"Ah, Kwon appa told us that we're going there on Wednesday so I guess you have to wait one more day." 

 

"Kwon appa?" she asked, amused. 

 

"It's pretty clear that Ms. ssantokki who's currently... having a panic attack, is gonna marry the young master." 

 

She laughed and wiped a tear on the corner of her eye. Her children are so amusing. 

 

"Well, I'm looking forward to see you guys---"

 

"YAH, ! DID I JUST HERE YOU SAY I'M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK BECAUSE I'M NOT!" She heard her youngest faintly yell over the phone. 

 

Her son cursed over the phone and the mother just giggled at his misfortune. "We'll just call you back, omma. She's coming." he whispered over the phone.

 

"Arasso, arasso. I love you. Tell the other's that too." The woman smiled. 

 

"I LOVE YOU TOOOOOOOO----" He shouted back and the call was abruptly cut off. 

 

She ended the call and pouted when she looked at the time. It was already 11 pm in here and she was already way past her beauty sleep. There was a 3 hour time difference and she doesn't think she can wait any longer for her sons to call back. She'll just text them that she's going to sleep. She specifically stayed up late today just so she can check if her children arrived safe but knowing that they were with the Kwons, she doesn't really need to worry that much. 

 

Her door suddenly opened revealing her secretary and he stopped when he saw his boss's bare legs on her desk. She turned to him and raised a brow. He cleared his throat and looked away but he would always sneak a peek at her. With her brow still raised and a scowl forming on her face, she rolled down the pant legs of her hidden joggers and stood up, quietly judging him. 

 

She walked to him and stood beside him when he reached the door. She placed her hand on his shoulder and lightly flinched at her touch. She smiled at him and he awkwardly smiled back. 

 

She suddenly gripped his neck, pushing him to the wall. He choked on her hold and felt his life flash before his eyes when she saw her still smiling at him. 

 

"I don't like that look Junsu-ah." Her long nails grazed on his neck and he gulped when it reached her Adam's apple. The ring on her hand blinded him a bit as the reflection from the light hit him. "Do me a favor and kick yourself out before I beat your ." She removed her hand and started walking away, barefoot I might add. "Find me a new secretary while you're at it." She gave him one last glance before slamming the door behind her. 

 

The man slumped down on the floor and felt his hands start to tremble. His friends said that he was lucky because he gets to work with the femme fatale of the whole of DGC. But they forgot the 'fatale' part or 'fatal' which meant 'causing death' according to the dictionary. Although she was a beauty that no one can compare, she was ruthless and headstrong when it comes to things dealing with her job or workplace.

 

His eyes darted to the name plate that was on her desk and even that was able to send shivers down his spine. He hurriedly went out of the room and closed the door shut.  

 

The silver name plate shone under the bright light of the room, its letters intricately carved on the marble plate.

 

Lee Hyori

-Chief Operating Officer-

 

 

_____________________________________

 

 


DARA

 

 

"It was my girlfriend!" Jay defended. 

 

We caught him saying 'I love you' over the phone and he just suddenly burst out with this girlfriend crap. I know his girlfriend.

 

It's his ing hand. 

 

So him saying that it was his girlfriend over the phone is complete and utter bull. The rest of them looked at him as if he just left planet Earth while he continued to elaborate on this 'girlfriend' of his. The two other idiots helped their fellow hooligan out by adding in more descriptions. So far they've said that she had long legs and arms, big eyes with naturally curly lashes, big 'personalities', and phat, with a capital PH. I don't know about you guys but that sounds like a demon from the ugly pits of hell. 

 

Since the rest were sane, they didn't believe any of what they said. Well, except one. 

 

Dami unnie was just staring at Jay who now had a smile on his face while continuously describing how he wanted his hand to look like. She was silent up until two big cars parked in front of us. She immediately went inside the passenger's seat on the 1st car. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see if she was still looking at Jay or not but I'm pretty sure she was. I went close to the window. Scratch that, I squished my face in the window to check if I can see what she was doing. I can see Jiyong's reflection on the glass. I could also see his very confused but handsome face looking at me. 

 

"What are you doing?" Jiyong tapped my shoulder.

 

"I'm checking if she's still looking at J---"

 

*CHU~*

 

I stood there frozen on the side of the road, my face was now an inch away from the glass. I saw Jiyong looking completely flabbergasted from the back. Dami unnie... just kissed me. She suddenly rolled the windows down, pecked my lips, and hurriedly brought the window back up again. I looked back at Jiyong who had his mouth slightly agape. 

 

What.

 

Wat. 

 

"NOONAAAAAA!!!!!!"

 

Jiyong suddenly pushed me aside and started forcefully opening the car door but unnie was pulling it on her side. We heard her laughing from the inside while Jiyong was still continuing his rampage. I saw Mr. Kwon standing beside the driver's side of the door on the car behind us, seemingly waiting for us to get in at the same time looking at us amusedly. I looked around and saw that Jiyong and I were the only ones left standing outside. I saw my brothers, the Kwon parents, and Minzy on the car behind us, and I think the rest are in the car Jiyong's currently breaking right now. 

 

"Oh how cute." I heard Mr. Kwon say.

 

This was cute to him?! His son almost smashing the window is cute to him?!?!?

 

I saw Mrs. Kwon roll down her window and look out. "C'mon Jiyong, it's already 8 in the evening and I know you want to tour your friends around so you better stop with your shenanigans." She still sounded so serene even if she was reprimanding him. 

 

But this troublesome fellow didn't stop and now we were getting weird looks from these foreigners. I tried to call him but he didn't respond. I guess it's time to use my 'secret weapon' even if it meant that great danger will befall on me. 

 

I sneakily sneaked my hand inside the front hem of his loose shirt, my hand grazing on his abs. He suddenly stopped and turned his head at me. My hand stayed on his hard stomach, squeezing it from time to time, while I stared at him with conviction. 

 

"Get inside the car and drive, you fool." I said calmly and patted his abs. Jiyong was may be an man, but I was an abs woman. Did that make sense? 

 

I quickly removed my hand when I saw him smirk. I am so not gonna hear the end of this from him. He was about to take my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter