I Love You

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Are you ready?" Bom asked. 

 

Dara breathed in a big breath. Her hands were shaking and she felt unbelievably chilly even though they were indoors with fully functioning heaters. She was wearing a simple white dress that reached the floor. There were intricate designs on the lower half portion of it making it pop while the upper half was plain yet elegant. A long see-through veil topped it all off. Her face still shined despite partially being covered by the thin piece of fabric. She just looked absolutely stunning. 

 

They were holding their wedding in the Myeongdong Cathedral, a Victorian gothic style building that just screamed sophistication from the inside and out. The exterior of the church looked fairly straightforward. It looked like a simple, old church but its massive height and the layers upon layers of bricks and stained glass totally rid of the idea of it just being like a normal church. And its interior needed to do itself some justice too. The walls were high and there was a motif of grey, white, and brown. Chandeliers hanged to the ceilings and a huge organ piano sat by the top of the entrance of the cathedral. Rows and rows of pews were that could sit hundreds and hundreds of people were put out across the floors of the establishment. It was only midday thus giving the drawings on the stained glass a chance to be shone under the sun and be appreciated by the people. 

 

Dara took a peek on the other side of the doors earlier and she saw multitudes of people sitting there and waiting for her... waiting for them to get married. She was never the kind to be put off from being the center of everyone's attentions but she does admit that the amount of people made her feel nervous. She doesn't even recognize most of them, in fact she thought that she only saw about 20 of their friends in the see of unknown faces. Mrs. Kwon just told her to imagine everyone but she feels like she's the one that's . Why would these people even come here even if they didn't know her personally and vice versa? And then she thought the name she was about to bear and the name that she was connected with. The Kwons who were known as the business moguls, along with the Dongs, were planning to invest heavily on the South Korean market and make another branch here that would eventually fight in the big leagues of the South Korean business world. Their success in the States made them a tough opponent to beat so some potential sponsors and dealers were already starting to get their attentions. Lee Hyori, her mother, was considered one of the most richest and powerful woman in the country. Though that fame wasn't recognized earlier in her own home country because she didn't want her children to be bombarded with some possible danger, her name in America eventually came to sweep across her own country and she was regarded as the Queen Mother. Her net worth was getting closer to the government's billion dollar budget.  

 

"Aisht, can I at least have something to drink before I go be an animal in a zoo?" Dara whined. 

 

"Save the alcohol for later, sweetie." Hyori lifted her veil to wipe the sweat off her face. "We Lees have low tolerance when it comes to such tempting beverages." 

 

"But I'm a Park too." 

 

"Yes and that would only make things worse." She smiled. "And soon, you're going to be a Kwon too." 

 

She was right. In about 15 minutes, those big church doors will open and she's going to walk to her future. The future that had Jiyong and Mino in it. She started feeling butterflies at the thought. She felt elated yet scared. This was not the biggest step they had taken together but it can still be considered as one. No she's not bummed about being tied down for only one man for the rest of her life, she loves him to death and she knew that he did too. The anxious butterflies in her stomach was because she was going to step in a world that was different from hers. She was going to step in a world that was filled with business matters, money, and an influential family name. Her thoughts wandered to her son and how he might be greatly affected by this. His father will leave as soon as he finishes university and even she doesn't know when he'll come back. They haven't looked that far in the future since they we're all 'focus on the what now's rather than the what if's' bull. They should've at least discussed it and they did but not to an extent where they would know what to do. It seemed like they were stalling and just planning on winging it but that can't work since they already have a child they need to take care of. They need to set things straight before things go out of hand. They need to---

 

She felt a hand touch her bare arm and she looked to her left and saw Jiyong holding Mino in his arms. Her pupils dilated at the site of her soon-to-be husband clad in a sleek, black formal tux with a yellow SpongeBob-print tie. She arched a brow, mentally questioning his choice of wardrobe and he just giggled while pointing at his son who seemed to realize that he can move his brows. The two parents laughed at their innocent son and sighed in content. They directed their gaze to each other and they shared a comforting silence of just looking and marveling at one another's beauty. 

 

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! GET THE HELL BACK TO YOUR POSITION AND give me that cute little man, yes you baby boy, awww you look so adorable! I just want to bite you into pieces and punch a wall. What an adorable baby, yes you are~" Hyori was putting her arms out to take Mino but the two parents protectively covered their son from them and eyed her skeptically. The older woman just gave them an inaudible 'what?' before ordering Jiyong to get back to his place. 

 

Jiyong carefully gave Mino to Chaerin who was going to be the guardian for the ring bearer and the flower girls and their partners, along with Seungri. Dara suddenly grabbed a hold of his suit and put his ear closer to her lips. "I have a surprise for you. I think you're going to love it." she whispered. Jiyong looked at her in intrigue, somewhat feeling like he's being challenged. Dara pushed him off so that they could start and he gave his bride-to-be a quick peck on the temple before going into a secret passage that led inside the church. Dara saw the wedding organizer telling everyone to get ready since the doors will open in about 3 minutes. 

 

The infamous Park brothers suddenly crowded her and she looked at them with both confusion and irritation. "Yah, what are you idiots doing here? Get in your positions!" she whisper-yelled. The 3 started pushing each other off beside Dara, arguing about who'll be walking her down the aisle. 

 

"I'm the oldest here! Don't I have jurisdiction over this?!"

 

"That's a big word for you, hyung. I don't even think you used it right, stupiiid." Jay stuck his tongue out at him. "I was always beside Dara ever since we were kids. I think I deserve this spot light." 

 

"I am Dara! I need to be there so I could send myself off. Don't you guys know how any of this works?!?!?" 

 

The doors suddenly opened and the wedding organizer started instructing the bridesmaids to go in one by one. Her brothers went even more frantic and she could just shake her head and hope that they wouldn't bring their family name into great shame... which is very likely. 

 

Donghae, his mother and the rest of the rest of the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra were playing on the 2nd floor where the organ was. Most of the players were spread out from each side of the church to further accommodate themselves. The acoustics inside the building was perfect. Even though they were playing one level up, it didn't impede the fact that their music still sounded heavenly. When Hyori said that she'll go all out, she really did mean that she'll go all out. 

 

It was Chaerin and Seungri's turn and the kids really went wild with throwing flowers on the ground. One flower girl threw the flowers directly over an ahjussi's face, which was actually the owner of the whole of Samsung but of course the girl didn't know that. I mean how was she supposed to know what the owner of Samsung looked like? Thankfully, the ahjussi just roared in laughter and the Kwons and Dongs wiped off an imaginary sweat drop. The aisle was a mess with flowers and the kids were cheering, squealing, and playing around. It took a lot of manpower for Chaerin not to release her ahjumma tone while Seungri was desperately trying to control the little devils. Of course, their sadistic guests laughed at their misfortune and the two could just hide in shame after their part was done. 

 

"Go the hell and be with Dami! Are you seriously going to let her walk alone???" Teddy seethed at Jay.

 

"Oh believe me, honey, I don't think she'll like that." He smirked. "We had plenty of time together last night. We played a long game of Twister, if you get my drift." He wiggled his brows and the others cringed in disgust. It was true though. They really did just play Twister and some board games yesterday night in their hotel room. They were taking things slow since Dami was his first boyfriend after all. He wants her to have the full 'Jay love experience'. Jay just had to make everything sound erted so they could end the conversation. He already asked permission from Dami if he could walk her sister and she seemed fine with that although she was a bit sulky afterwards but it's a good thing some Jay lovin' can fix that no problem. 

 

Bom looked behind her and saw Dara looking at her brothers helplessly and she couldn't help but laugh at the sight. Dara noticed and gave her the bird which earned her a heart made from Bom's hands in response. Bom mouthed an 'I love you' and the latter replied back with the same three words. Bom looked ahead and started walking down the aisle with a small bouquet of flowers in her hands. She looked over to see Seunghyun beside Youngbae who stood next to Jiyong, and the big alien was smiling from ear to ear with his teeth almost sparkling as bright as the sun. He made a heart with his arms and she bit her lip to stop herself from grinning like an idiot. Her face flushed as she continued to walk in the aisle, taking sheepish glances at the light of her life. 

 

"We can't have three other people walking with her! You guys have to make up your mind in..." The wedding planner looked at her watch. "20 seconds."

 

"No they can." Her brothers as well as the wedding planner looked at her wide eyed by the authority of her voice. "They are as great as my dad and I won't walk without them. They're my everything." 

 

The three older men's lips trembled. They're bold and manly sister just pierced an arrow of familial love straight through their hearts. 

 

"Arasso, just please take your positions and try not to fight each other." The wedding planner gave up and just smiled.

 

Dara looked up at her brothers with a playful grin and the three kissed her on the cheeks much to her surprising delight. The three decided that Jay and Teddy would be on either sides of her while Jay would be on the back since he lost their game of rock, paper, scissors. The four stepped up the doorway and they could see all of the people setting their eyes on them. Her brothers gave her soothing pats while calmly telling her that everything will be alright since they can sense the unease in her body. As soon as they stepped in the aisle, the music suddenly changed and two voices began singing.

 

"Oh every time I see you

When I see your eyes

My heart keeps fluttering"

 

Even though Dara was still far away from him, Dara could see Jiyong bowing his head down and covering his eyes with his hand. A shaky smile was paying across his lips and he heaved a deep breath to stop himself from tearing up. He could feel Youngbae's hand patting him on the back and he could just shake his head in amusement as he looked ahead and focused on Dara. He saw her beam at him and Jiyong sighed in a blissful defeat. That was a song he made a few years back when they were starting their relationship and he was too shy to sing it for her so he kept it hidden. He never really got back to it and forgot it and he wondered where she found the once abandoned song. She was right. He did love this surprise. 

 

"You're my destiny

The only person I want to protect until the end of the world"

 

"Baby oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Baby oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh"

 

Jay and Teddy were dancing beside her and grooving to the music. She looked back and saw Sanghyun's back facing her and saw him slightly dancing too but he was pointing his eyes to some guys in a seemingly threatening manner. She covered to stop an impending chortle and she just focused on Jiyong who did the same. 

 

"When you look at me

When you look at me and smile

It feels like my heart will stop

How about you?

It's really hard for me to handle

All day, I think of you"

 

"We went in circles for a long time

But even if it's now, I'm alright"

 

Youngbae looked at the both of them interchangeably with a genuine open-mouthed smile on his lips. He held on Jiyong's shoulders to calm him down since he was trembling. He saw Dara started dancing with her brothers as they walked down the aisle and their guests started cheering and having fun with them while taking pictures. Youngbae moved closer to Jiyong and hooked his arm around his neck. "You got yourself quite a catch there." He gave him an eye smile. 

 

Jiyong nodded and smiled even wider when her brothers started twirling her around and she hit them because it looked like she was getting dizzy. He glanced at his son who was being held by his mother-in-law and saw the little guy bouncing in her arms while clapping happily. 

 

"I got myself the most perfect catch." 

 

"Oh every time I see you

When I see your eyes

My heart keeps fluttering

You're my destiny

The only person I want to protect until the end of the world"

 

He scanned the crowd and everyone smiling like he was while they looked at the cheerful bride. He felt incredibly nervous earlier and his façade made an appearance but when he saw her looking stunningly beautiful with her wedding dress and her beauty in general, the judgmental eyes of the people seemed to vanish and there was only one person in his line of sight. 

 

"Don't leave me

Even if we can't see our futures

Will you believe me and wait for me?"

 

Jiyong's song hit her in the right spots and her anxiousness from earlier seemed to disappear. She nodded at him in response to the lyrics and that's when his tears started to fall. They haven't even started the wedding and yet he already felt like they were inseparable. 

 

"My one and only

Have I ever told you

That you're my everything?"

 

"You're my destiny 

I want to protect you until the end of the world"

 

The four finally made it to Jiyong and the three all held Dara's hand and gave it for Jiyong to take but before he could take it, her brothers embraced her tight and cried in her arms. 

 

"D-don't hurt J-j-jiyong!" Sanghyun stuttered. 

 

"We're always here if you need us, arasso?" Teddy kissed her veiled temple.

 

"We love you, Sandara Park." Jay gave her shoulder a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter