Chapter 2

Love, Faker

I wished that alarm clock would be directly thrown into the garbage. Well, nonsense. Because that little tool which annoys me every single morning was the one who prevent us from overslept. Overslept equals to getting late to work. Getting late to work equals to being scolded. And I don't fancy that.

Work? Not so much of a work, the dictionary told me. Entertainer? Probably. Superstar? I don't know. Maybe the fame doesn't really work on me. In my opinion  about myself, I'm totally a faker. Yeah, a faker. I pretend to be happy in front of the lenses, but I'm broken inside. I laugh and faking not to care when one of those interviewers asked me any sensitive questions that I can't really show my true emotion about it.

The most sadist part is, I attract girls. The girls that would crazy if I'm there. They claimed they loved me, but they did nothing significant to prove it. By attending every concerts, every fansigns or whatsoever wasn't sufficient. I appreciate it, of course. But I just couldn't bring myself to even believe that.

"Baek, you should wash up. We have a photoshoot session later," Suho hyung reminded.

That keeps my living was my members. They were the only reason I stood strong. They knew that every smile I curve was just something to cover my real condition. And thanks to God they were by my side during every breakdowns or any occasions that I want them with me.

"Alright hyung," I nodded weakly.

Another photoshoot means another camera to be lied. Luckily, I realized that life has to go on.

"Hyung, the photoshoot later is for what?" Dumbfounded, I asked him.

"Mmm, perhaps you forgot what manager hyung told us that day?" Suho hyung hinted, but I failed to remember.

"Which one?" Seriously that older guy talks about a lot of things.

"We're gonna be the ambassador for the rising brand Nature Republic. So we have to go to their headquarter to find out more. And for the upcoming promotion which features us," Suho hyung explained. I listened attentively with my mouth slightly agape.

"Oh, okay," I excused myself for a warm shower. The weather in Korea could be a sometimes. Or, it was just my cold heart which was detesting about one more session of fooling myself.

 

"HYUNG!!!!! COULD YOU PLEASE STOP BOTHERING MEEE!!!!" a terrified coarse voice fills the dorm.

"What?! It's just a cockroach," Chanyeol teases the maknae.

"Get that disgusting creature out of my sight!" Sehun wailed.

"What are you? The emperor? Try 'please'?" Chanyeol sudden mention about mannerism annoys the other party. "Oh, so now you wanna talk about mannerism huh?"

I chuckled. These everyday sketches were the light in my gloomy life. My members which I treat each and everyone like my own brother.

"Please, throw that thing away!!!" Sehun changed his sentence, but it still sounds so demanding.

"Mmm, previous sentence, begging tone will do the trick," Kai commented.

Already on the verge of crying, Sehun begged. One glance, people could think that he got some mental illness. "Could you please throw that thing outside? Please?!?!?"

"Your face makes me wanna throw up," finally, Chanyeol threw that shiny, black disgusting creature outside.

"Guys, I think we should get ready for our schedule," Suho hyung spoke out loud, obviously to gain attention from these boys who can't sit in one place.

"Aisshh, do we have to?" Kai was the first to respond. The others sigh in protest.

"Manager hyung woukd be here in an hour. We all know how naggy that mad can get when we're late. Do you want to hear him blabbering things that we already know or do you prefer to get up, simply take a shower and prepare yourselves?" By choosing his words smartly, our leader managed to get the members off the couch.

Me, on the other end, already good looking was wandering around our own living hall. There's a rack full of comics and photos of us hanged in every side of walls. I looked at one of those pictures. It was when we won our very first stage. It's true that a picture can tell a thousand words. I could see tears of joy and sincere smile that rarely sticks on my face.

It's been a long time since I last had one of those smiles. Truthfully, I, myself missed them but there's nothing I could do.