Chapter 12

Love, Faker

I was writing my assignment for the week until somebody tugged my earphones. Without looking, I know who the person is, and not-so-surprisingly, I know what kind of expression the person was wearing. I paused on my playlist and looked up.

"Yes, Min Hyun darling?" Sweetly, I said.

"You don't darling me. It's been a few times I caught you in trapped in your own thoughts. What song are you hearing? She peeked at my phone. Luckily, I switched it off. If she ever knew what I was hearing, surely she laughed and took the chance to tease.

"It's just some oldies. What is it you wanna say?" I changed the topic.

"You know, it's been so long since we've last hangout together.Let's waste some money," she said. Min Hyun is not that rich, but she had nothing to be taken care of, besides her younger brother.

"Okay then. Today's alright? What about Dae Hyun?" I agreed. It's true, it's been some time we last go and have fun together. By having fun, I meant spending our money and time as a duo. 

"That kid can take care of himself already. Usual place okay? I'm not riding your bike, no thank you," she gave a sign of refusal. I knew she had some hatred towards my motorcycle.

I laughed. There was one time she rode my lovely bike, and probably she lost her balance, then yeah. Easy put, she fell. Luckily, out of the days she wore heels, she wore flats on that unfortunate day. Since then, my bike and her can't physically meet.

"You know it was your imbalance that made you fall right?" I mentioned about her unlucky event.

With her usual pout, "Whatever, I still hate that bike. By the way, 3 o'clock?" 

"Deal," It was a relief that we get to leave early from work. Thanks to the completed photoshoot for the season's promotion, our department's job was done. The rest would go to the advertising and marketing, which is none of my expertise. After packing, I put on my earphones and walked to the subway station. Until I realized, I had been hearing their group's song since earlier this week.

 

I wore black skinny jeans matched with a grey hoodie that I just love so much. Today's weather was being nice, so I decided to ride my bike. Some would go, why would I still take the subway to work, but I have a motorcycle? The thing is, I just like being alone, walking slowly, just-nice pace. The subway was always packed with various kind of people, so it was my everyday sight to observe every actions. It made me realized that life's blazing by, but this small moments that we should cherish.

Yeah, it took me the whole subway ride to think about this, but when I'm riding my bike, there's nothing to be thought of. As if the speed had washed away your mind.

Arrived, I saw Min Hyun donned in sleeveless emerald green spring dress that goes perfectly with her cream cardigan. With black platforms, shd was no-doubt stylish. She has a high-sense of fashion which I couldn't keep up with her style. 

"Looking good," I greeted. Basically, that was the kind of things I'd say to her.

"Speak yourself. Love the hoodie though," We clutched hands and walked together like any besties would do.

"This old crap? Of course, it's my favourite. Although it's no match with your outfit, but I think it's okay," Not trying to be humble, but the reality is, we look like people from two different dimensions. She's with her dress and graceful kinda look. Meanwhile, I'm loyal to the jeans, sweaters and hoodies. Oh yeah, and sneakers too. 

"Hey, you look terrific okay? Don't downgrade yourself. Let's go there," as expected, she dragged me to a shoes store. 

Min Hyun browsed around while I searched something particular in mind. 

"Sabby, 3 words," she asked while flashing a pair of black sneaker wedges. It looks like boots too. Totally suits her.

"Trendy. Evergreen. Just buy it," 

"That's actually 5 words," she laughed. "Guess I'll be using my paycheck on you, missy" she literally said to the footwear.

She had to queue because there's quite a line. Seems like this store is well-known. I am not exactly looking for clothes or shoes. May seems funny but I'm looking for a music store. Eventhough I've never in my life stepped in that kind of shop, but yeah. Today, that would be my destination. 

"Done here. What are you looking for today?" She asked me because usually I also bought something to be brought home as a prove that I literally went shopping

I dragged her and Min Hyu  followed suit. As we were walking, I found that particular place that might have the item that I'm looking for.

"What are you searching in here?" She questioned. Of course, she knew best. She knew that I was not some music fan, so it was illogical for me to come here. But for some special reason, here I am.

"Just being insane," simply, I answered.

I asked the staff nearby, and he showed me towards a lane where placed all the CDs and stuff.

"There it is. I found it!" I held a CD that seem familiar to Min Hyun. 

She squinted her eyes, making sure what she saw was correct. "You dragged me here, to buy this? This thing?!" She screamed horrifically. I went to the counter to pay, while Min Hyun was nagging at me things like, 

"You despise them don't you?"

"Is there something you wanna tell me?"

"Wait! Are you even SABRINA SHIN SUNG YOUNG?!?!"

I faced her with the plastic bag hanging, wearing my 'OMG' expression. "I'll tell you over coffee. My treat,"

"You better!" 

 

"So that's why I was interested with them," I calmly told her what happened to me with that particular member of EXO.

"Oh. So that's why," she nodded erratically.

"You are not excited?" I carefully asked.

"Why should I. It's nothing big. We work with celebrities on a daily basis, so your story doesn't overwhelms me too much," 

I heaved a breathe of relief. The only thing I don't wanna see is Min Hyun overreact. 

"But... there's one thing. The Sabrina I know, doesn't easily fall to things. Especially men. You wanna explain?" With one of her eyebrows raised, she gave her smirk that I find to hate so much.

"There's more to that handsome face. I can tell," confidently, I told her.

 

'There's much, much more.'

 

A/N : Lame? Sorry. Getting into the story as fast as I could while maintaining the rhythym. I'll try to update more often as I can okay? Comment, subscribe and disturb me all you want. I seriously don't mind. Please support me. 

Love, AZ