Chapter 18

Love, Faker

Inbox? Checked.

Kakao Talk? Checked.

Missed calls? Checked.

There was none. Zero notifications from the person you really anticipating. Guess that he's a little too busy these days. Yeah, considering they're having their solo concert involving a lot of countries, it must be tiring. But he didn't even send me anything. Just like he used to. And if I were to say anything first, it would take hours for him to read and reply.

Which his replies were consisted of 'Hey. I missed you. Sorry, I'm so tired. Talk to you later.'

Which I just stopped sending him anything, thought that it would be disturbing.

The thing is, I missed him. Like any girlfriends would feel if their boyfriends were gone for so long. But I'm in no place to whine because I'm sure he's enduring it too. Just watching at him performing made me wanna cry, because behind that twinkling eyes, hides the tiredness, the exhausted him. I can see it through his eyes. What made me light-headed was, he had his brothers by his side. It would be just okay.

Oh well, their; tour would end in a few days. He's probably gonna get more than enough rest after that, and maybe, just maybe we could meet. Despite the high hopes that I have put, everytime I checked my phone and the same expressions and gestures came out.

And it never failed for Min Hyun to notice. She asks everytime, and I would only make up excuses, just in no rush to reveal my relationship just yet. But this time, probably her patience had reach the max.

"Okay, sweetie pie. Time to tell me what's wrong. No making up excuses or I will personally take your phone and find out myself. Spill it," sternly, she said.

I groaned. "Ugghhh. Fine! But you have to keep it a secret!,"

"What's this? Looks like a chick flick scene. You KNOW I can keep secrets very well, young lady," she stated.

"Okay. You may or may not freak out. But if you're gonna go and boast this thing to the whole office, you know, regarding my dating news, i swear that's the end of our friendship," When Sabrina Shin Sung Young bet on this friendship that I cherished dearly, it means that this subject is top secret.

"Go on," she flipped her hair.

"Here goes everything. So, my boyfriend, is EXO's Baekhyun," I finally let it out.

"Cool. So? What does it have to do with you acting all crazy with your phone?" she said while looking at her nails. Sheesh, this lady doesn't seem unaffected by the news. Great!

"You're not excited?" I asked.

"Why would I? He's your guy. Not mine. The fact that he's EXO? Heh, I don't mind honey. Didn't expect you to spill this, but it's more than enough. I've been dying to know who's your mysterious boyfie is,"

"And you know they're on the tour currently. He never failed to send me anything, even just a cute emoticon, but now he's too busy, I think," With a slight dissappointment in my tone, I told her why I acted all frustrated.

"Ahhh, the girlfriend-missing-his-boyfriend syndrome? He would come to you, I promise," she said assuringly.

"Why do you sound so sure? You've never been in a relationship before. Which makes me thought of this, what's up with you and Ray?" I asked with a loop-sided grin.

Min Hyun ruffled her hair, sign of confusion, which I can tell one of her major body languages. " I don't know. We've been going out a few times, but I'm not sure what we are. Are we in a relationship or only as friends? He confessed to me before, so I'm confused with my own mind. I always thought that he's just after my looks and all.But he looks sincere. Ahhh, I don't know!,"

I chuckled. "Guess that you're problem is a lot bigger than mine huh?'

"I guess so," she mumbled.

"Well, wanna hear my opinion?" she looked up and raised her eyebrow. I continued, "Well, there's this one famous love guru once said, 'This is one indefinite decision you have to make. Love is subjective, you don't know the outcome. But if you like this guy and the guy likes you, what's the harm?' I quoted her words when I contemplated about Baekhyun a few months ago. She grinned, automatically recognizing my words.

"That's one great love guru,"

"I know right? Thanks to her, I finally have the courage to act the most right way I thought and I'm happy to where it brought me. So, I think you should do the same as well," I ended my encouraging speech with a thumbs up. Finally we laughed our heads off at our own cheesiness.

 

 

"I just like her, you know? The feeling's when you're just attracted to somebody and you just couldn't look at someone else. That's what I feel about her. But seems like she thought that I liked her because of her looks," Ray confessed with his eyes on the cafe's table.

Just after I had the extremely top secret and confidential conversation with Min Hyun, this guy texted me, asking if we could meet. And now here we are, me sipping on my fave caramel macchiato and he dranked his ice blended mocha, while talking about his current relationship status with my best friend.

"You just need to assure her that she's the only one you see, despie the tons of girls throwing theirselves at you," No kidding, Ray had the looks that many of girls back at the building had sent him gifts, or passing numbers to him. Talk about living as everybody's ideal type. "And make her think that you're not in love with her looks only,"

Yeah boss," he said.

"And one more friendly warning, Min Hyun is eternally my best friend. You hurt her in any way, I'll come for you. Got that?" I threatened him. He laughed, but then seeing me wearing my serious expression, his face turns stoic then nodded.

He said that he'll accompany me home, so we talked about Min Hyun all the way. Her likes, her dislikes and all that jazz. I could tell that they're gonna make a cute couple.

When we arrived at my doorstep, there's a pair of male shoes there. Immediately, I recognized whom it belongs to and cheered up. Luckily, Ray didn't noticed and we bid goodbye.

Unlocking the door, I grinned as wide as I can, but to be greeted by a furious face.

"Who is he?"

 

A/N:

I'm truly, very, absoulutely sorry for not being able to update for a long time. I just don't have the mood to update and finally here I am, forcing myself to type this one chapter. Hope it's not dissappointing. I'll try to update frequently afterwards.

Love, decent_fangirl