Chapter 28

Love, Faker

28. Currently the monitor shows the number 14. Meaning I had to wait another 13 turns before mine. I had no rush to go anywhere, so I take today as a rest day for me.

After all that happened, I think I deserve a day off. And probably throwing one stone killing two birds, I went to the nearest hospital to make a medical checkup. Those headaches just couldn't stop bugging even after lots of painkillers I consume.

Feeling bored with my phone, I turned to the TV hanged at the waiting area. Looks like a drama is going on. I kept focusing at the drama until it ended. 

20. It has reached 20. Probably I could see the doctor in another 30 minutes. I stood up and walked around the waiting area, lingering around the notification boards. Just then, a familiar music pass by my ears. I glanced back at the TV and automatically, my heart clenched. 

It was an EXO's CF. The CF that he proudly showed me once, when he came. Of all the things I should be thinking, the things about Baekhyun came first. Even though how hard I tried not thinking about him, literally everything reminds me of him.

Just like the TV CF.

Just like coming to work to NR, knowing that's where our first interaction was.

Just like sitting at the living room couch, knowing many fond memories made there.

Just like my phone's wallpaper, seeing a selca of me and him.

It hurts. But humans had proven that they can live in pain. I just have to get used to it. My thoughts keep pouring like a heavy rain then someone called out my name.

"Sabrina! What are you doing here?" Oh, it's Minho.

I smiled at him and replied. "Remember you told me to do a medical checkup? I'm here for that," 

His smile were as wide as the crescent I think. He was wearing the doctor's white coat. The look suits him well.

"Mm, say if you're free after this checkup, would you mind lunch with me? I know this excellent place. My treat," he offered.

"I'm cool with that. Its my day off anyway. But are you done with yours?" 

"Yeah. I'm about to clock out. I'll wait you at the hospital's lobby okay?" He said and walked away.

I broke up with my boyfriend, but I got a great friend. The scene from that night kept replaying in my head.

 

"I'm sorry that you had to send me home because of my stupid headache," I apologized as we stepped into my house.

"Don't mention it. You're feeling unwell. Even if we continue eating, you would be uncomfortable. By the way, nice interior design. Didn't know you could be so soft," Minho commented.

I rolled my eyes at him. He still looked around in awe and took a seat at the dining table. "Want some tea?" I offered. He declined. "I'll be on my way now, I think," 

He got up and was about to open the door, but then he turned back. "Sabrina. If probably I tell you that I like you, would you accept me?" 

I stoned at his sudden confession. It was so sudden. He continued "I think I started to fell for you from our first meet at the subway. The way you talk, the way your eyes twinkle, the way you smiled sweetly, the way you eat, the way you dress, it captivates me. So, would you accept me?" 

I stood back, not knowing what to respond. I've never thought of Minho anything other than a good friend. My mind kept flashing Baekhyun. I can't do this to him.

"I'm sorry Minho, for your feelings for me. But I can't accept it. You know I have a boyfriend, I can't just let go of him, after the things we've been through. To me, you're a good friend, Minho. I'm sorry," finally, I answered.

He looked at me and took a deep breathe. "Okay then. I'll get going," 

"Goodbye Sabrina,"

"And too you, Minho,"

The awkwardness could be felt. But I decided to talk about it another day, because I know, he probably was too shocked because of my rejection.

That night. At the same night, Baekhyun came. And we broke up. So much for irony.

"Number 28!" My thoughts ended there and then.

 

"So, how did the checkup went?" Minho broke the ice. It was no longer awkward between us after he send me a text.

From : [Minho]

Hey. About my confession that day, just forget it. I don't want because of my stupid confession, our friendship is ruined. So, friends?

I told him all about the checkup and other things. Basically, I did most of the talking that day. And I also told him about my breakup. I expected him to think back about his confession, but instead he said. 

"So, how are you holding on? Seems like things are getting harder for you now," 

Hearing his response, I smiled. He is a true friend. A great one, in fact.

"I'm okay, at least that's what I think. Just have to live with it until I die," I said bitterly.

"Hey. Don't say that. I'm here. I'll help you get through it," he rested his hands on my shoulder. 

As we finished our meals, he took the bill and paid it off. I, for one, am not so comfortable for people treating me without me giving something back.

"Up for desserts?" I asked him. Knowing his appetite, he nodded automatically.

We walked towards the ice cream parlour. Then we passed through a jewellery shop. Something attracted me.

"Minho, let's go in there for awhile," i dragged him.

"What you want to get here?" He asked. Until İ was about to answer, the lady behind the display greeted us.

"Welcome. May İ help you?" 

İ nodded and requested. "Can İ order custom made couple rings? İ wanna engrave our initials," 

Minho looked at me with his eyes almost popping out from its socket. 

"Sure. We have just the thing. Please take a look at our catalogue," she handed me a catalogue.

"Mmm, tell me its not what İ think it is," Minho half-whispered.

İ giggled. "No, it's not. Why? Dissappointed?" He just shrugged.

"So, made any decisions?" The blonde lady came back. She's beautiful.

"Yeah. İ would like this design. With 'B & S' engraved at each of the rings," i said without any doubt.

"Splendid. Now, because the rings you ordered are custom made, it's quite impossible to get it by today. İf you're gonna proceed to pay, we'll ask for your phone number. And we'll call you after it's done. Approximately, 3 days," the lady said her words smoothly. İ liked the way she speaks.

"Alright then. İ'll proceed to pay," 

As we headed to the counter, finally the guy beside me said something. "İ thought you guys had broke up," 

İ sighed. "Probably to him, yes. But to me, no. This is probably the first and the last couple thing we've ever had,"

Then i continued, "Stories may end, but feelings never did,"

 

A/N: for some of you who's wondering what Baekhyun heard.

Xx