Chapter 16

Love, Faker

'Nature Republic 5th Annual Dinner'

The shocking green banner greeted me at the entrance. Oh yeah, the company's annual dinner. The rumors had been spread even before the banner was made, so it is a big thing. Like seriously, there would be drinks, and performances and food. Really great food. Who would say no to that? 

The kind of ballroom-formal, but carefree kind of dinner. It was held at our grand hall last year, but since our incredible sales went up, the venue is one of the prime hotels is Seoul. No biggie, in this kind of business, renting a ballroom hall at a hotel is nothing. 

And that's why the dresses in the wardrobe is hanging. Everyone, literally everyone knows that I, Sabrina Shin Sung Young doesn't wear dresses, or skirts, or any type of that. And, guess what. I didn't even chose those dresses. It was purely the decision of my only trustworthy friend, who else but Min Hyun.

But don't ask me why I shopped a dress for the event yesterday. Online. By myself. Without consulting anybody. And I'm freakingly proud of myself. Plus, I'm pretty sure the end result would be awesome as hell.

"Missy, you have a ride to the dinner?" Speak of the devil, Min Hyun asked.

Yeah right. I haven't think of that. It sounds crazy if I said I would be riding the bike with knee length dress, right? 

"Whatever it is, cancel it. I'll pick you up that evening okay?" She demand.

"Pick me up with what? Your two feet?" I enquired. As far as I'm concerned, she don't have any transportation by any kind. 

"My parents decided to fast-forward my birthday gift. So, yeah. I got a car," she stated. Matter of fact, her parents are well-off.

"Congratulations on getting something that would ease your burden, though. So, on with the plan?"

"Yeah. By the way, did you already bought the dress? Don't tell me you're gonna wear last year's," 

"Hahaha. Oh, about that, I might just have to use that old rag again. You know me," Clearly, I'm hiding the fact that I already have a dress, a new one.

Also automatically, I walked away just in time before Hyun started to nag like an aunty. Her naggings are quite severe. And I still wanna use my ear again, so thank you very much.

What made me stop in tracks was, a poster of EXO was seen at the elevator lobby. It's been a while since I've met him. And, truth need to be told, I missed him. Gonna be seeing him again made the butterflies in my stomach fluttering. Even though we're not gonna talk so much, but a few 'hi' would be more than enough.

And if you're still curious why I bought a dress myself, that's why. I'm gonna see him, and somehow I thought that if I wore a dress, it would be something else.

 

I must be crazy. Let's just say that the dinner is tonight, and being the usual stupid me, I ordered the dress the day before yesterday. And, it clearly said that it would arrive approximately after 4 days. I'm doomed. All those plans that were not me were finished. Yeah, I might just have to wear last year's dress after all.

*door bell rings*

"Well, let's hope it's a miracle," I muttered to myself and weakly opened the door.

"Hello. Is this Ms Sabrina?" A guy in red uniforms appeared. I felt like I'm gonna jump through the roof, but managed to restraint myself.

"Yeah. Thank you so much!!" I grabbed the parcel and ran inside.

It's finally working.

 

Hair? Check. Makeup? Check. HELL YEAH I'M APPLYING ALL THESE COLOURS ON! Truthfully, this is the first time I ever wear all these things willingfully. It's not even me who bought it. Min Hyun bought all these stuffs for my birthday last year, and I didn't even bother to open the packages. So, let's just say this is brand new.

After contemplating for some while and searching some stuffs on the internet, now I'm looking at Sabrina Shin Sung Young which is myself, wearing a knee-length lime green halter dress matched with a cream-coloured wedges. Hair were curled a bit and some makeup and lip gloss dabbed. I'm done.

*door bell rings*

"Sabrina, can I---?" she looked at me with round eyes as I opened the door.

"Just come in, then we'll get going,"

"Wait!!!! Where's Sabrina?? Where did you take her?? Who are you?" As expected, she made a great fuss.

"You're exaggerating, okay? It's me. Sabrina. That chick,"

"Woah girl! You look stunning and gorgeous! Wait no! Sturgeous? Is that a word? I told you, if you wear like this often, boys will surely turn heads on you!!" she said frantically. I frowned. Then it dawned on me that she didn't know yet that I already have a boyfriend.

"Speak yourself. You look sturgeous too. And a brand new car?" I scanned her head to toe. With a scarlet maxi dress and her hair brought to one side, with a pair of black pumps. She really had that model look.

"Let's just say that I'm lucky," Hyun said as we drift on the road.

 

"HEY GIRLS! OVER HERE!" Ray waved from a side of the hall. Sure, that is one colossal space. There's a stage at one end of the hall, then there's dinner tables all over with the dance floor at the middle of the hall. The banquet table where foods are placed are at the side of it.

"Hey Ray," I greeted him. He took a long vacation after the photoshoot ended with EXO. He said that he'll be taking care of his elderly grandparents at the countryside. I missed the annoying Ray who would not go a day without teasing me.

"Hey to you too. Oh, you girls just took the spotlight. Min Hyun, you are one model look. Try signing up as one," Ray pulled the chair for her.

"No thanks. I would not display my figure for money okay?"

"I'm sorry for the sudden question. But, is it true that this is Sabrina? Cause, it doesn't seem like it," There he goes again.

"Oh God. I haven't meet you for a complete 10 minutes and you're already teasing me.

"I said it from pure confusion okay? Has she always been like this while I 'm gone?" he turned to Min Hyun.

"No. It's the first time. She looked great, doesn't she?"

"But surely she can't beat you though," Ray said spontaneously. I laughed at his remark. Of course, he's trying to flirt with Hyun. It had always been like that for the past few months. Min Hyun seemed cool, not sure whether she didn't know about Ray's pursue or she didn't even care.

As I was about to continue our conversation, our chairman stood on the stage and gave his speech, which most of us staffs knew what he's gonna say. And that's when I saw Baekhyun. EXO sat at the table in front of the stage with all the related people, the chairman and so.

And as expected, he looked really handsome. I wondered if he was trying to look for me. My phone vibrated.

From : [Baekhyun]

Where are you? =(

I laughed at his emoticon. So he is trying to find me.

To : [Baekhyun]

I'm at your 2 o'clock.

As I send the message, I looked at his direction, and hoping that he would steal a glance. And yeah, he did look at me and gave me one of his oh-my-god smile. I can't stop myself from blushing.

From : [Baekhyun]

Did anybody had said you look very beautiful? If nobody had, then you are really beautiful. If somebody had, then I'll say you're mine.

Seriously? This guy is trying one of his cheesy lines here? He sure is something.

To : [Baekhyun]

Somebody had told me that okay? And who said I'm yours?

Two can play this cheesy game.

From : [Baekhyun]

Ouch. That hurts. I thought we established that night at the Han River?

I laughed to myself. Surely Min Hyun and Ray were looking weird at me, but who cares.

The chairman had finished his speech and the host go on saying spontaneous things before we can go out stuff our faces. Even thoughI'm putting up this chic and elegant look, but my plate was full of food. As were eating, EXO were invited on stage, to sing a song it seems. I don't know how they arranged it, but there's no paparazzis of any kind. There would be a swarm of people anywhere EXO goes. Probably the management had settled all of that, just to make sure the event would turn out just fine.

 "Hello you guys! So, in these evening we'll be entertaining you guys okay? So enjoy the night and have fun! It's nice to be endorsing one of the top cosmetics brand in South Korea. Plus, the staffs, which is you guys are awesome and kind as well which made us love working with. Let's just say that this is our way of saying thank you okay?" As expected their leader greeted us.

They started to sing and probably it was fate, but they sang my favorite song from their previous album XOXO, which is Don't Go. Personally, I think that song suits this event for now, because people haven't start drinking yet, and the atmosphere were just nice.

And what makes me feeling chills was Baekhyun couldn't stop looking at my direction and only tear his eyes away once in a while.

They kept singing a few tracks before it came to an end to their stage. Some staffs volunteered to sing on stage, which surely would be entertaining to see them showed their vocal talents. And of course to sing some lively songs because the dance floor looked so empty. 

Some girls from branding department sang Bang Bang by Jessie J. It totally bring up the excitement because once they start, the dance floor was full.

Ray dragged Min Hyun, which I totally knew it beforehand. She tried to pull me too, but I refused. I may wear a dress and wear makeup but dancing is a no-no. 

Somehow I started to sway along with the beat and the next thing I knew, I was next to Min Hyun dancing along to Last Friday Night by Katy Perry. EXO also joined in, as shocking as it sounds. Probably, as fan service. 

One of the things about dance floors are, you may be dancing with a random person. Like somebody from the logistics department are trying to dance with me. Being the friendly Sabrina I am, I just spontaneously moved my body without noticing where the guy's eyes are stuck to.

And that's where Baekhyun came in. He politely asked whoever the guy was for a switch, then swiftly moved between me and him. The proximity was very lose between us and I looked around, just to make sure that the EXO members were doing the same thing, just to not look suspicious. The revelation of our relationship was the last thing I want for now.

"Don't worry. They are having fun too," he comforted.

"Glad to see you again," 

"If you're so happy, then you shouldn't be dancing with another guy just now. Care to explain?" He could be mad at me at this kind of times? Ooh, jealous.

"Somebody's jealous I see?" I teased.

"Is it a crime to be jealous at something which is mine? You're not gonna question it anymore. From the night at the Han River, you are automatically mine," he said with knife-sharp eyes.

"Okay, Byun Baekhyun. I'm yours,"

A/N 

Okay...That's a long one. I'm sorry for not being able to update a few weeks before. It had been a hectic week for me. But I would be encouraged to write if you all keep supporting me!! Please keep on commenting and for new readers, just click subscribe! Just nag me whatever you want, I'm not like Sabrina. I'd love to read your thoughts!

And so, there'll be Ray-Min Hyun moments from now on. Weird pairing? Well, bear with it. I'm gonna be updating pretty soon. Check me out!!