Chapter 41 ( Bonus)

Love, Faker

Baekhyun didn't visit me after yesterday, nor will he,-due to his schedules. Although his presence was clearly much help to my condition, But I just couldn't be so selfish to have him for myself. My phone was stuck in my hand all the time, in case he calls. But there's no use of that. The doctor's had been inserting sorts of drugs through the drip on my left hand. So, basically I'm high and my head felt light. Sometimes, I felt like I was on the clouds.

"Sabrina? Have you had dinner?" Minho strolled in my room with a tray of food in his hands. Minho didn't even go back home, during my stay. He would come over my room and sleep on the extra bed when he's not working. I felt touched, that he really acted as my guardian.

"Uhh, no. Not yet. I'm hazy, Minho," I half-complained. The drugs is really taking a toll on me.

Minho just laughed at me and checked the lines. "Well, it's necessary okay? Now, eat up. You need to eat to have energy and to be yourself,"

I smiled weirdly at his statement. "Does that mean I'm not myself when I'm hungry?"

"No, no! I meant that you could be you're cheery self again if you have the energy.

I laughed at his panicked response. "Chill, doctor. I'm just kidding,". I could see he heaved a breathe of relief.

"Not going home?" I asked him while eating. Luckily the food's in the hospital is good. Not like those hospital's food that tastes like inedible things.

"My home is by your side while you're here," he simply said. I scoffed at his answer. "Huh, cheesy,"

"Hey there, Missy. You would not want to intimidate your guardian," this guy is trying to threat me. 

"I'm gonna intimidate you all I want and there's nothing you could do about it," I teased. He looked tired,-ofcourse, just when he didn't. And I tried to lighten up the situation. It's pretty gloomy when you've got a hazy patient and an exhausted doctor slash guardian in one room.

Minho laughed it off and said, "Yeah, you're right. There's nothing I could do about it,"

"Oh, how I'm gonna miss all this," I said, out-of-the-blue.

Minho was now lying on the extra bed, which was below me. "What do you mean?"

"This. This conversation, this scenario. I'm gonna miss it all," I put my hands under my head, lying down on my bed too.

"Hey. You're gonna survive through this, okay? And we're gonna repeat this conversation, this scenario and make more of it. So, don't say things like that. Plan on what you're gonna do afterwards instead," Minho consoled me.

I smiled. He was really trying his best to make me feel okay.

"Okay then. How about this, when you find a girlfriend, I'm gonna tell her all of your secrets, including the one that I blackmailed you. It's a wonderful idea, right?"

He suddenly got up and glared me with his big eyes. "I oppose of that idea, but that's the spirit,"

We went on, talking about various topics. It's almost 1 in the morning and my phone buzzed.

From : [Baekhyunnie <3]

Probably you're already asleep now, but I just wanna say I miss you. I love you.

I read the message, but purposely didn't reply, or it would drag out to a long conversation. I'm sleepy.

And just like that, I fell asleep with my phone tightly clutched.

----

The doctor had informed me that my surgery would be around 2 in the evening and he said I should prepare myself.

Min Hyun and Ray is here. They've been asking me everything aside from PDA.

"You want to have some food, Sabby?" Min Hyun asked.

"I just had breakfast 15 minutes ago, Hyun. No thanks," I refused.

I checked my phone again for any notifications. Since the text Baekhyun sent just now, wishing me a good morning, there's nothing else.

Ray probably noticed my stituation and suggested. "You probably should just call him,"

I smiled and shook  my head. "Never mind. He's busy, I would not want to disturb him. He had sent me a text earlier,"

Both of them just sent me worrying looks while I just tried to sleep it off.

And when I was awake, it's already afternoon. The doctor's woke me up and briefed me about the procedure. I just nodded bluntly and pretending that I understood what he's saying.

"They're gonna take you to the operation room now," Minho told me. He could see that I was not getting what the doctor said for a whole 3 minutes.

I checked my phone again. Baekhyun called me once, but probably Min Hyun picked it up for me because my phone wasn't in my hand when I woke up. Failed at calling me, he texted instead.

From : [Baekhyunnie <3]

Sabrina Shin Sung Young, there's no word in the world that could comprehend my sorry for you. I'm sorry that I couldn't hold your hands when you really need it. I'm sorry that I could not take care of you when I supposely should. And I'm sorry then I also couldn;t be there to erase those pain in your eyes for you. Promise me we'll see each other later. I love you, Sabrina. More than I could describe.

I teared up at his effort to actually be here with me. I quickly typed a reply as the nurses were already preparing to push my bed.

To : [Baekhyunnie <3]

Promise, Baekhyun. I love you too. Forever than forever.

Now I'm being pushed by the nurses with Min Hyun and Ray following from behind. They gave us a moment before I enter those doors. Min Hyun hugged me, tightly. She had been crying, but she managed to hide it. "We'll be here when you're done,"

I just nodded. Looking at Ray, he shook my hand and his grasp was also as tight. "Fight it through Sabrina,".

And lastly, Minho. We looked at each other before I hand him my phone, and gave him a signal which he nodded painfully.

The nurses came back to us and pushed me past the doors. I underwent the anaesthesia process, and slowly it was starting to kick in.

My eyes voluntarily closed.

 

A/N :

Now, finally it's finished!!!!!!!

And also, I could fully concentrate on this oneshot I'm working on. Keep a lookout, cause I would post the link here! (when its done though).

Leave your comments and thoughts!

Goodbye! <3