Chapter 24

Love, Faker

These days I felt like staying late in the office. Not by 2, 3 morning late, but over office hours late. I just liked the quiet environment. It gives me a warm vibe. Its not a new thing that I enjoyed doing things alone, but its a been since lately I liked staying back at NR for a while.

I slumped in my chair after like approximately 3 hours facing the computer screen. Had new pictures to look into. Which results in serious eye issues and a few strong headaches. Well, I chose this job, I enjoyed it as much, and I had no remorse for it. I'll just visit an optician later for some better options.

Clocking out, I noticed there's only me, a few other overtime people in marketing and the security. Not forgetting the cleaning services people. These people really need some serious recognition.

The wind was breezing gracefully, hitting my face smoothly. The city never sleeps. I guess that statement is true. It's nighttime but people from all age range was seen. Couples, old couples, families, single person, probably still waiting the one for them.

Also the people which our teachers in elementary school warned about. The full body tattooed, drunkards, drug-addicts looklikes. I guess in someway they're a bad influence. But to me, they have their own story. There's always two groups. 1. People looking like jerks. 2. The real jerks.

Humans were the best creature to point other people's flaw anyway.

I continued my ocean of thoughts in the train. Since there's not much of subway users, I got the chance to sit down. Usually, if I get home in peak hours I would always have to stand. 

Observing my surroundings, I saw a couple PDAing opposite me. I have no trouble or issues with PDA (public display of affection), but I felt the lonely effect. Unlocking my phone, I scrolled to my conversations with Baekhyun. He had not text me this week. 

Which is understandable. EXO just had their comeback recently which made them hectic. Call Me Baby was lit AF and it's been topping charts ever since. I guess it was worth it. 

Min Hyun? That girl already got herself a boyfriend. I shouldn't meddle in. 

Suddenly a buff man wearing all black walked past me, hitting my knees. I looked up, and he smirked. I can smell alcohol on him. A drunkard. I need to pass one more stops to get to mine. And of all the days I didn't bring my pepper spray, it just had to be today. 

I stood up looking another place to sit, but the jerk grabbed my wrist. I tried to let go, but he's too strong for a drunk. 

"Hey, pretty. Wanna go for a drink?" He asked.

I stayed silent. One thing I learnt from human behavior, the more we entertain, the more they anticipate. That rules goes the same to under alcohol influenced. I tried to yank my hand, but no avail.

"Feisty, huh? My type," he takes a step closer. Instinctively, I took a step behind. Looking around, I saw no one even noticed my situation. The already trying to kiss me, then suddenly I felt an arm snaking around my waist. 

Please not another jerk.

"Sweetheart,  I'm sorry I'm late!" The man announced. I frowned. Sweetheart? 

But the unknown man just looked at me and gave me a look of 'just-play-with-it'. 

The drunk jerk look at the unknown man and slowly released my hand. As if it was on sync, I arrived at my stop. Hustling, I grabbed my bag and leave. The unknown male also followed me.

I bent down and heaved a sigh of relief. It was an experience.

"Hey. You okay?" The now male I owe a gratitude asked. 

"Yeah. If not for you, I don't know what would happen. Thanks a lot," I finally had a good look of him. It was too panic in the train earlier, I couldn't see his face properly. 

"Just my responsible as a bystander. You should not be walking alone, for a lady," he said. 

I chuckled. "Yeah. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for reminding. I'm sorry if you had missed your stop or anything," 

He smiled and replied "My house is just in this neighborhood. You need me to walk you home?" 

"Nope. I think I'm fine from here. By the way, I'm Sabrina Shin Sung Young. Call me Sabrina," I introduced myself.

"I'm Choi Minho. Nice to meet you," 

 

A/N

Finally!!!!! An update!! I didn't know why I chose Min Ho, but I think he suits the person I imagined him to be. Please pardon me for any misspells, grammatical errors. Writing in a rush.

Please subscribe and comment!