Chapter 38 (Bonus)

Love, Faker

Minho's POV

 

Where are you taking me now Minho?

I smiled comically. Youll know. Now I have to stop by somewhere to get something,. I answered and grabbing Hyejins hand and rubbing it in circular motion. I know shes still feeling nervous as I had just brought her to see my parents. After telling her that she had to meet one person more, her nervousness hyped up again.

I found a florist on the way there and purchased lilies. Being the smart girl she had always been, Hyejin spoke again. By any chance, are we going to a cemetery?

I smiled and nodded. She relaxed a bit, probably some burden on her shoulders was lifted after knowing that she didnt need to meet a live person.

Our story was one of its kind, well at least, for me. After Ray and Min Hyuns wedding, I was kept busy at the hospital, not having so much time to find the one. Our first meet was because of my hospital identity card. Probably I had dropped it while I was hustling here and there, until to not notice my cards missing. She called me, saying she found my card and pretty much everything starts from there. Its more of a love at first sight, I think. As cheesy as it sounds, I proposed to her after two months we started dating. And we dated a few weeks after we met, which made 3 months. Call me desperate, but the heart knows what it wants.

My parents loved her. She was beyond everything Ive ever dreamed of. Truthfully this feelingss much different than what I felt for Sabrina. Seems that what I felt for Sabrina was pure admiration and caring as a friend. If not, I wouldnt have moved on so quickly. For Hyejin, I could say its love.

Okay, were here,Parking my car at the designated carpark, I led the way towards her grave, my hand in Hyejins.

Hey Sabrina,I crouched down, touching her tombstone. Its been approximately 1 year already. 1 year passed like a blink of an eye.

I brought someone. I want to introduce her to you,I took Hyejins hand and pulled her closer. This is my fiancee, Oh Hyejin. Shes pretty isnt she?

Hyejin hit me playfully, then bowed before introducing herself. Hello, Sabrina. Im Oh Hyejin. Please look over us,

I grinned at the interaction.Although it may sound creepy, but its as if she was here with us. Her facial expressions, her reactions, I could picture it really well. Your official postman here is tying the knot in 2 more months. Are you happy? Well I know you do. I guess this is how love feels like. I used to see you and your boyfriend being all sweet and deeply in love. Now, I get to do all that with my girl. Im sorry for not being able to visit you often. No need to explain, you know how busy I am. But Im glad that youre proud of me, saying that I save lives, eventhough it doesnt include yours,I paused, streaks of tears visible.

Hyejin caressed my shoulder. I quickly got myself together and wiped the tears. Im not crying, somebodys cutting onions here.Dont you laugh. Well, I guess thats my grand speech. I hope youll watch over us. Thank you, Sabrina. For being such a good friend. Goodbye,I bowed, then Hyejin followed suit.

On our way to the car, Hyejin spoke. Tell me about her. You dont simply cry because of somebody,. The tone of her voice didnt show any jealousy,just pure curiosity.

I huffed a breathe, then started. Somehow, in some point of our life, well come across somebody thats gonna impact you, whether the impact is big or small. For me, her name is Sabrina Shin Sung Young. Her personality, its like one in a million. To be honest, I had some feelings for here. But that was the past. She had a boyfriend by the way. Then, the feeling started to falter and I look at her as a great friend,

Sounds like a great person,Hyejin commented while slowly rubbing my back.

Indeed. But fate has something else in store for her. She passed away due to tumor in her brain. Ive never told anybody this, but when she died, I felt like a total failure. Im a doctor, but I couldnt save her. Ive never feel as useless,Im in the midst of a breakdown.

Hyejin pulled me into a hug. I cant coax you saying you shouldnt think like that. Thats for you to figure out. But I think Sabrina wouldnt like to see you like this. And youre not a failure, Im sure she doesnt think that way. So, pull yourself together and be happy for her, hmm?

I nodded in her embrace. How could she be so smart and comforting in the same time. Im glad I found someone like her. When I first took medic course, I thought I would not marry.

You know what?I asked her, breaking from our hug.

What?

Youre the next somebody in my life that made a large impact. And I love you,I said.

I love you too,she replied the words.