Chapter 8

Love, Faker

I just don't know what to do. The only solution I could think of was, to drink until I forget everything. Even it was only for a short while. Excused myself from Suho hyung as I wandered around the streets late night. Until my 8th glass of something, I dozed off. They say, your most honest thoughts came out when you're not in a sane condition. At that moment, I don't even give a damn about who's gonna see me like this or the fact that maybe, there's my face being printed on tomorrow's paper for being irresponsible.

Suddenly felt that I was on something that is comfy, I'm pretty sure it's not the bar's high chair. My phone just can't stop vibrating, surely it was my members. Luckily, I managed to persuade Suho hyung to not tell our manager. Or else I'll be dead by now. But he didn't know that I went to the bar, probably he kills me by himself.

I tried to digest where I am currently, since this place is beyond strange. It looks girly. Nonetheless, I went out of the room and I saw her. With oversize tee and shorts, I guess she just took a shower. Feeling awkward, I just coughed purposely to notice her about my presence.

"Oh, hey. You're awake. Just take a shower first. There's fresh towels in the bathroom. And yeah, you need to wear that set of clothes again, I'm afraid. I doubt you want to wear mine," she joked. 

"Okay," I simply replied. Switched on my phone, crafting a single text.

[To : Suho hyung]

Hyung, I'm okay. I'll be back soon. Don't worry.

It felt odd being in some stranger's home, knowing that the night before, I was in a bar. Is she following me? Discarding any ridiculous thoughts, I hurriedly wore back my clothes and dried my hair. 

Her home was quite spacious. I didn't see anybody else, so probably she lived here alone. Her walls were full with pictures of landscapes, or candid moments that I assume from her pastime. She's a photographer, what to be weird of? Pastel-coloured walls made my mind calm. I saw her fiddling with her phone with 2 cups on the dining table.

"Have a seat. Sandwich for breakfast, hope you don't mind. And tea, to relieve your hangover. Oh yeah, and mine too. Heh," I sat opposite her and sipped. The environment was dead awhile. Then, I decided to question her about my presence in her house.

"Excuse me. But how did I get here?"

"Well, I dragged you. Literally dragging you, since my strength doesn't permit to carry you bridal style. And why? Because you were in such a poor condition, I'm sure you don't want any more trouble with paparazzis around. And how am I there? I was there just to have a drink. So, save the thanks," spontaneously, she explained. The way she said it, looks like she had done nothing big. But for me, to meet a stranger like her, was beyond amazing.

"You were there alone? At places like that? Seriously?" At that point, I thought it was okay to converse comfortably, while sipping tea, like everybody else would normally do.

"Don't you dare underestimate me. I'm just so feisty that they didn't even try to come near. It was me who supposed to ask you that question. What were you doing there?" She raised her eyebrow.

Her question silenced me. Should I tell her? A somebody who just happens to be kind? 

"Life. My life was not like any others. I can't simply tell anybody how I feel at that exact moment. To put things simple, I have just to fake every single thing. I don't even know why did I tell you all of this, but it felt like I just need to. I may look like I'm happy but deep inside even myself can even identify my own feeling. I just felt so numb that I don't know how to express it. Everytime I ever think about it, makes me scared because it's the reality and I can't run away from it. I didn't quit because I thought that if I didn't end up being who I am now, who knows what I'll be. I can't keep troubling my brothers just to tend to my personal problems. I'm blank,"

My sight was screwed on the teacup in front, not knowing exactly what to do after pouring my deep-from-the-heart confession to a somebody who I just had known her name and her home. Suddenly, she held my hand. It felt nice because it was meant to comfort me, instead of those fangirls.

"Look, I'm not in your shoes. I know nothing much about you except for your name, really. And I do happen to know your life is not the same as others. Each and everyone has its unique life, and yours is special in some way. Life is balance, you get some you lose some. You got love, attention, fame, and wealth. But you need to sacrifice your time, your freedom. Believe me, someday you'll get back those things you had once lost. It's true that you can't run from the reality, but you can change it. Maybe you would think why I backed up life instead of you. Because I want to be that one person in somebody's life who said the most true things about reality. I'm not gonna sweetmouth or anything. And you're lucky to have your members, or your brothers as you would say to support you. It's amazing to be you, actually," She smiled widely as she said the last phrase.

I still can't get my eyesight off that teacup. She really knocked the sense in my mind. I had been ungrateful for the little things that I have to give in order to get. It's also pleasant to hear that she talks only the truth about these kind of things, which I rarely receive from others. 

"Thank you. For everything," I really mean it. For everything.

"Save the thanks will you? I'm gonna need it someday, your thank you would be useful that time," she really has a good sense of humor.

"Okay, okay I take back my words," That's when I had the courage to look up. I giggled because it was really comforting. Like having normal conversations with a stranger. It felt great and beyond spectacular.

"Sorry for killing your complete happy moment but, don't you have anything else to for you to do? I'm off today," she let go of my hands as she said.

"Oh yeah, you're right. I better get going," i sighed at the thought of having to work again. But, I'm really trying to be grateful starting from now.

"Just so you know, if you ever have any problems, you could find me. Don't take it wrongly, it's just feels nice to make new friends. Since I barely had anybody, as you see I live alone and I only have Min Hyun as my best friend. So, yeah. You know my house already, make it as your getaway secret place okay? I feel lonely mostly everytime," her last sentence kept ringing in my ears. Her expression at the doorframe kept flashing in my mind. 

'Just so you know, if you ever have any problems, you could find me'

I swear I would never look problems the same way again.

A/N : The story plot was a lot of suddenlies. Forgive me if my way of writing doesn't suit your taste. I'll work harder~~. Please support me alrights. Love ♡♡