Chapter 23

Love, Faker

I felt guilty. I'm his boyfriend, but I am not capable of taking my girlfriend out on a date. It must felt horrible for her, seeing her best friend going on out on a date and she's bored and all. I'm helpless.

"Baek? You okay?" Suho hyung asked. It's like 2 in the morning, and none of us are asleep. So, it's been 4 hours I've been thinking about her. I was contemplating whether I should tell them or no. But it's gonna be difficult in the long run. I thought that it's better if I tell them myself, then they having to find out in any other unimaginable ways.

"Guys. I've something to say," I stood up and eyed everybody in the group. All eyes are on at me. Even the maknae-line which looks so sleepy they even can't get their eyes open, shot their bloody-red eyes.

I heaved a heavy breath. "Okay. I don't meant to tell you guys all of this of no intention to burden you. I thought that maybe you should know,"

Suho, still looked as calm as ever, replied. "Okay. Carry on,"

"I have a girlfriend," After I announced, I looked at each and every of my member's reaction. Doubtless, Sehun has none, cause he knew. Duhh. Suho hyung, Lay hyung, Minseok hyung, and Kyungsoo was still sitting straight.

Meanwhile the other side of the party are jumping like wild monkeys. They were going like:

"Hyung, who is she?"

"Is she pretty?"

"SInce when?"

I knew better this would happen. I sighed, but silently feeling relieved nobody showed diasagreement. I mouthed to Suho hyung 'help'.

"Okay, keep calm guys. Questions one by one," he acted like the leader he always is. They obeyed like little puppies.

"Who is the lucky girl Baekhyun-ah?" Chanyeol started the interrogation.

"You guys know the girl photographer from Nature Republic? It's her," a grinned crept on my face as I said that.

They gaped their mouth, "Woah, that pretty girl? Since when?" Chen's turn.

"YAH!  What do you mean, she's pretty? She's mine," I claimed.

"Ugh. I can already imagine how cheesy you are to her, oh my," Kyungsoo opened his mouth.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend the night before Overdose comeback. Irony, yeah I know,"

They kept quiet because that time was one of the many things we hadn't expect to happen happened. Shortly after Overdose, Kris left. So yeah, it .

"So by that, explains your whereabouts everytime you're not with us or at the dorm. You're with her?" Suho confirmed. I grinned as a sign of 'yeah'.

"I'm not asking much from you guys. Just please keep it a secret. I can't afford of her being discovered. Please?" I begged. And that's pretty much why we can't go on dates. Dispatch are like freaking CIA. They're everywhere. And sasaeng fans are much worse than CIA.

Everyone nodded, giving their word. I smiled and let out a relieved sigh.

"Just one more thing Baekhyun. Why her? What did she do till you got so smitten?" Minseok hyung who was just sitting there quietly, voiced his question.

"She never acknowledged me as EXO's Baekhyun. She loves for who I am. She knows my weak spots, but filled it for me. There's more, but  I think it's enough for you to know,"

 

"You what?!!?!?!" Her melodious voice turns into a high-pitched one.

"I told my members about us," I replied calmly.

"Why in the world would you do that?"

"What? They're my brothers, you know that,"

"Emm, yeah. I know. So, how's their reaction?" I could sense a change in her tone.

"They accepted it greatly. What, you're scared?"

"Yeah. I'm afraid they would think that I was the one who caused you to lose focus in practice, running away from your dorm and so on," she mumbled.

"Hey! Don't think so. I've been giving a lot of attention in practice because of somebody's motivation. And no, they didn't accuse you about my gones,"

"Phew. Then it's okay I guess. Hey, you think you got any free time like in, next week?"

"Mmm," I thought of next week programs and schedules. But then, I remembered I got a free few hours on Thursday.  I think I could afford to disappear a few hours on Thursday without my manager sniffing. Why?"

"It's nothing. I'll send you a location, then you figure out whether you could make it or not," she sounds determined.

[Attached location]

It's somewhere outside Seoul, but it doesn't take too long to get there. I've been there like once when I was in high school, and I don't even remember why.

"Got the location. Yeah. I think I can go. Will you be there?"  I asked.

"Of course silly! Why would I ask you if I'm not gonna be there. So, Baekhyun. See you there,"

 

As I planned, I went there without my managers knowing. Sounds impossible, but hey. If there's a will, there's a way. Aaand, I told Suho hyung to cover up for me in case anything.

According to the location, I am now in an amusement park or also to be known as funfairs. Wait, is this a date?

Did Sabrina just planned on our date?"

"Baekhyun," Sabrina tapped my shoulder. I take a good close look. She got skinnier than last I saw her.

"Babe. I'm sorry for asking, but did you lose weight?" I hugged my dear girl.

"Yah. What kind of question is that?" she glared. I laughed and messed with her hair.

"I see you came here well-prepared," she adjusted my cap. By well-prepared, I knew she meant by well covered. I move in public like a spy, i have to disguise.

"Yeah. Risks. Ever heard of that? By the way, how did you know this place?" I asked, walking in to the park of colossal attractions.

"I used to go here. I just love funfairs. They give me joy," my girlfriend said while eyeing the rides.

"I thought I give you joy too?" I sulked pretendingly.

"That was before you came into my life, cheeseball,"

"Let's go there," I showed at the Ferris wheel, the jewel of every amusement parks.

"Hmmm. Let's just go there, can we? I really don't wanna go up there," she hid behind my arm. Ah, I have never seen her cute side before.

"Sabrina Shin Sung Young, are you scared of heights?" I supressed my grin. Now I know what she's afraid of.

"Yeah. I just can't look down if I'm up so high. I've never look through the window at NR. Let's just not go," she tugged me to a different direction but I ain't budging.

"And that's perfectly why we should go! Come on, I'm here,"

I pulled her gently towards the 'entrance'. I can see that she's nervous, but I'm gonna help her overcome her phobia.

Our 'car' arrived, and I literally had to carry my cute little girlfriend in. The worker there eyed us, but he just let it go. Hopely, he doesn't recognize me.

As we got in, Sabrina didn't even open her eyes. "Sabby, look now. We've made it in,"

"Nope. Not gonna open my eyes,"

"Then I guess we'll gonna do the smooth way," I pulled her closer and made the distance between our lips invisible.

As we broke our kiss, we happened to be on the very top of the Ferris wheel. "Babe, look at that,"

She braved herself to look down and smiled.

"The view is indeed beautiful," she stated.

"But it's nothing to be compared to you,"

Then our lips locked again.