Chapter 20

Love, Faker

Guess that our fight had changed him. In a good way, of course. Baekhyun, already being cheesy as he is, decides to be more cheesy than I ever needed. He would repetitively remind me the very same thing practically everyday. One of the examples were,

"Babe, you know what?" He said while we were having our ramyeon together. It's like a must for us to eat that unhealthy meal together everytime we meet.

"What?" I slurped the soup unglamly. Well, for one, I am not the girl to be THAT polite toward people that I'm comfy with.

"You are so beautiful," he said casually, as if he doesn't mean what he said.

"Really? You meant that?"

"Yeah. You are beautiful in your own way though," he stared at me which made me blush.

"So you're saying that I'm not as pretty as your female labelmates?" I asked the killer question which made him turned away.

"Aaahh~~ How nice is the weather!," He goes off changing the topic. There's one thing, Baekhyun's is quite good in changing topics when he's in distress.

That was one of the things that he said to me. Or instead, another version of it :

"Sabby, you know, I ran into somebody's just as pretty as you. Or probably more,"

"If this is your attempt to make me jealous, then Baek, it's not working," I stated.

"Ask me who it is! Ask me! Ask me!" he whined.

"Oh God. Who?" I groaned.

"Someone's named Sabrina Shin Sung Young," As I guessed, it was me. Duh.

And a lot more cheesy versions than that. I appreciate it, of course, and it's so sweet to receive such gestures. It's just that, at my part, I didn't even do anything as near to sweet. I'll just talk to him and hug him. I've never say to him that he's handsome, or anything. He didn't complain, but it's just my own feelings.

 

Like usual, I would share my thoughts with my eternal lover aka my bed, like I'm doing now. Then speak of the devil, a text came in.

 

From : Baekhyunnie <3

I ordered something for you. You should receive it by today =)

What surprise that he's trying to pull off?

I waited and sighed. It was already 6 in the evening, yet it haven't arrived. Oh well, probably tomorrow. Just then, my doorbell rang.

"Excuse me, is this Miss Sabrina?"

I nodded than he handed me the parcel. After signing the documents, I figured out what would he ordered for me. Without wasting any time, I just wrecked the package only to discover a spring dress in it. A floral patterned halter spring dress that goes perfectly below my knees. I snapped a picture then send it to Baekhyun.

To : Baekhyunnie <3

Is this what you ordered?

I didn't need to wait long as he gave me a quick reply.

From : Baekhyunnie <3

Yeahs. Try it! And attach me a pic ;)

I stared at the beautifully designed fabric. Does this means that he doesn't like my appearance? Is it too plain for him to see me in my usual sweaters and jeans? I just couldn't think long until the thought person called me.

"Babe, how's the surprise? Does it fit?" his voice soared through the phone. I don't know what's got into me, but I chose not to respond.

"Sabby, you don't like the dress is it?" I still remained solemn.

"Sabrina, listen to me. I don't know what you're thinking now, but I bought you that dress because I thought that I should get something for my girlfriend. And I really don't particularly know what to get you, so I literally have to Google 'Ideal Gifts for Girlfriends', as funny as it sounds. As I scrolled in the shopping site, I found this. I thought it would be stunning on you,"

"Do you ever feel bored seeing me in sweaters or jeans Baek? Is this your way of saying I don't know how to dress femininely?" I spoke.

"What? No! I've never thought of that. Sabrina Shin Sung Young, you look beautiful in anything you wear. Since I guessed that your wardrobe needs more dresses, so i took the pleasure of buying you one. Please don't misunderstand. I would really run to you now, but I couldn't. Could you please wear that dress, please? Pweetyy pweasee?" Sometimes, I just don't understand this man. He could go from serious to pouty within seconds.

"Okay. You got me. Wait for awhile. I'll go change,"

"I'm pretty hoping this was a video call,"

"YAH!" I hung up.

 

I put on the dress which fits me perfectly, instantly making a self-reminder asking Baekhyun how he knew my size. I figure out that it would be too revealing if I strut the streets wearing only this, so I put on a denim jacket without buttoning the front. It looks cool, yet feminine enough.

I took a selca of me in the mirror then attached it to Baekhyun, captioning "How is it?"

Swirls and turns, I modeled the dress in front of the mirror. Until Baekhyun called me again.

"YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL, PRETTY, GORGEOUS, STUNNING, FLAWLESS AND ANY OTHER WORDS THAT IS DESCRIBING!"

"You're overreacting Baekhyun,"

"No I am not. I'm just praising my girl. Could you wear that to work tomorrow, please?" he requested.

"Why would I?"

"Awhhh. Please!! I think your colleagues would be awed seeing you in that," I could totally imagine his expression even when he's on the phone.

"Alright Mr. Braggy. Anything that floats your boat. By the way, thanks Baek. I loved it,"

"f you wanna thank me, then wear it to work tomorrow!"

"Okay," and just like that, our conversation ended.

 

"Woah, Sabrina. If I knew, you would change your style, I should find a boyfriend for you earlier!," And as usual, my bestie who reacts just as the same like my boyfriend.

"He bought it for me though," I said.

"Awwhhh, really! How sweeeeeet!!," Min Hyun whined. People around me really should stop whining or pouting, jeez.

"What's sweet?" Then, Ray came in the picture. He passed me a cup of caramel macchiato and another cup of iced latte to Min Hyun. I eyed the couple in front of me carefully till I burst.

"Are you both a thing now?!" I gasped.

"Yup! Thanks to you, our insignificant cupid," Ray stated as he held Min Hyun's hand and raised it in the air.

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me earlier Min Hyun? I thought we were best friends?" purposely, I tried to pick a fight with Hyunnie.

"I thought that it would be cool if you were to know yourself, and just as a reminder Sabrina, you didn't tell me when you just got a boyfie too. So, it's fair," she shrugged.

"Okay then, I hope you both stay with each other till the last breathe then," Ray winked while my girl blushed.

"Back to earlier, what's so sweet Hyunnie?" Ray asked. I playfully stuck out my tongue at the nickname.

"Oh, nothing. Just somebody's boyfriend bought her a dress, and what's shocking is, she wears it to work. Which she never does. This is the very first time," Min Hyun explained to her blunt boyfriend.

"I should congratulate whoever he is for making the invincible Sabrina wearing a dress to work. Bravo I must say," Ray added fuel to the fire.

"Yah, you both," I reacted. As we laughed, a text came shooting in.

From : Baekhyunnie <3

Can't wait to see you =D

I frowned. How he's gonna see me? By then, our manager came in and notified us.

"Sabrina and Ray, you're gonna be in charge of the photography of EXO's Nature Republic fanmeeting. Min Hyun, makeup. Sorry for the late notice, the directors arranged it last minute. Now, get to work.

I grinned. So, I bet this is why he's asking me to wear the dress today.

To : Baekhyunnie <3

Sneaky huh? Can't wait to see you too =) By the way, how did you know my size?

As I was packing my things, he replied.

From : Baekhyunnie <3

I looked into your closet that day.

Wait. If he were to know the size of my clothes, then must be he opened all the drawers. And must be he saw things he shouldn't see. This erted guy.

To : Baekhyunnie <3

YAH YOU ERT. JUST WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT TIME WE MEET!!!!!!!

 

 

A/N:

The dress idea is from a friend of mine, so I decided to use it. Thank you, you know who you are. SO, please comment and subscribe. I'm very happy to see more subscribers or comments~~ Sorry if the chapter was too lame, it's just a filler chapter. By the way, love ya' all.