Chapter 37

Love, Faker

Reminder : RAY AND MIN HYUNS WEDDING

 

I sighed. Like as if theres other thing I could do. Its a big thing for my friends yet I cant attend it due to a fan meeting. Theres no running away for this. Even my manager cant help it.

Fan meetings were one of the things you fans would totally love. Do it for them.

Sabrina words suddenly alarmed in mind. I had once complained to her how packed my schedules that I couldnt see her. Her soft voice hollowed through the phone call and continuously reminded my how my fans were the ones who shaped me into who I am.

I refreshed my mind and pushed away the black cloud. I quickly crafted an apology text to the lovebirds before getting called by Suho hyung.

The show recording ended after 2 hours of shooting. But we couldnt be so happy as we had a music show performance to catch up afterwards. This years Christmas comeback was a little bit different, well at least for me.

Sabrinas here during last year Christmas. The whole thing affects me still even after nearing 5 months of her passing. My dreams of having Christmas Eve dinner with her buried deep at the back of my mind.

It was very hard to cope at first. Much harder because I have to act normal, but my manager cut me some slack, knowing the real situation. Same goes as my members. Shes right. Time will heal everything. But for now, its bearable.

Completely donned in my doctor attire, I uploaded a picture in my SNS, waiting to perform. It was my clothes designed for the stage. For the first time in my life, Im kind of grateful to have such schedule, only because it keeps my mind away from the sadness. Not from Sabrina, but the fact shes no longer here. My heart clenched everytime I was reminded of that.

And finally, its done for today. Earlier, the manager notified us saying after were done with this, we got a day off. Quickly, I texted Minho and forwarded the message to the couple. I fled the place afterwards, not leaving any trails for paparazzi to follow. Knowing me, the rest of the members didnt say anything.

 

 

 

Thank you for actually coming. I thought I have to see you guys before your departure,I started off. The newlyweds arrived hand in hand, smiles plastered on their faces. They still looked fresh for people at 2 in the morning.

Hey, you know its okay. Its not like were leaving forever. Were just going on a honeymoon,Min Hyun replied comforting. Her way of speaking reminded of her.

I smiled in regret. Im really sorry that I couldnt attend your wedding. I really wanted to, but yeah. It goes without saying,I looked down. Its really something Im looking forward to, but I just couldnt go.

Hey bro. Its okay. At least you made an effort to come down here and meet us, right? Its enough,Ray voiced out. He pat my shoulder, brother-affectionately.

Minho, who chose to stay silent until now finally speaks up. So, whens the departure time? Maldives huh? Its one of my travel destination bucket list,

Both of them smiled, giving shy looks. Yeah, at 2pm later. We got our things packed, were just gonna head to the airport soon,Ray clarified.

I was beyond touched after Minho informed me that it was Sabrina who arranged their honeymoon. She wouldnt let death get in the way, not even when shes preparing for her best friends wedding gift.

And you. What are you planning now?I turned to Minho. I could tell he was so tired, his eyebags are much worse than mine. Guess that our career are similar in a way. Im so glad that he agreed to gather up at 2 in the morning at a hawker street downtown. Theres not much people at this hour and thats a convenience for myself.

Me? Im planning to find the right girl and probably marry her and bring her to a wonderful place. But for now, Im taking a week off because my eye bags are as a big as a golf ball and no one can stop me,he belted out. We laughed at his statement, indeed his personality stayed the same even when hes exhausted.

For the next hour, we talked about various topics, some of it on what they should do when they got there, and how Minho should spend his week off. They also didnt miss the opportunity to congratulate on our latest comeback and how theyve heard the song and they loved it. Its nice spending free time with such nice people.

Before we part ways, Minho passed us letters from her. Apparently, Sabrina had appointed Minho to be her official postman, passing us letters every month after her death. I couldnt figure out how someones at the brink of death could be so thoughtful.

Nowadays, the word death doesnt scare me as much. Probably because its something Ive experienced. Not me directly, but my loved one. And it became a reminder that it happens. We live and die.

 

Heading straight to her house after deciding to spend some hours there, since its been so long. In one of her previous letters, Sabrina told me to bring the boys here, just for fun. As another place of gateaway. But I didnt consider that thoroughly yet. Theyre boisterous, as much as I love them.

Sinking onto the couch, I braced myself before started reading. Her scent still lingered in the house, reminding me of our moments in here.

 

Dear Baekhyun,

 

Its already 5 months I suppose. How are you holding on? I hope its getting better on your side. Im doing great I suppose. Hey, Im alive while Im writing, keep that in mind. At least I got to see my parents. Its all about perspective, dont you think?

By the way, have they gotten married yet? Gosh, Im basically guessing on every thing! You know, when I arranged their honeymoon trip, I basically said to the staff My friends having a honeymoon, and I dont know when. Heres the money and youll arrange it later. Funny, right?

Am I being too overboard with my humour? Im sorry Baekhyun. As I said, this letter is not to make you harder to move on. I know you, thats all you need to know.

And while Im in the topic, I wanna clear you on something.

Its okay to find a replacement. A replacement of me I mean. Youre young, and fine, and the looks, damn who wouldnt want you. (Although Im saying things that is matter-of-factly), but I do really mean it. Find someone who could also make you smile. You know, that gummy smile that made me melt everytime. I dont mind.

Dont be pressured or whatever. Im just saying, so you would be reminded that someday you would also live in the cycle, like getting married and having kids. I bet youre trying to get yourself busy nowadays, right? Huh, figures.

Im literally staring at the wall, no more ideas of what to write. Always remember, Ill watch over you. Do your best.

And I love you.

 

Love, faker.

 

At first, I chuckled. It still puzzled me on how a paper full of words could be so amusing. But then, trickles of tears started flowing. I dont know how it is. It feels like shes here beside me, but I couldnt see her, touch her. Shes justgone. Somehow, when I thought it over, its like she was being cruel, passing letters every month and stuffs like this.

But then again, she knew me very well. I missed her, and reading her writings was what of a way of dismissing those feelings.

Indeed, she knew me.

And even reminding me to find myself a girlfriend. You just couldnt stop being yourself huh, Sabrina. You just had to lay out the best option even when youre buried underground.

I dreamt of having a happy ending with you, but fate said that youre only a few chapters in my book of life. Your presence outshone the past chapters and your departure would be light in the next. And Im ultimately grateful for that.