Chapter 29

Love, Faker

Min Hyun's POV

"Stop it Ray! It tickles!" I tried defending myself from this male in front of me. Even though I knew I couldn't get beat him, but still.

"Not planning to!" He blew raspberry at me. Ever since we got together, he would always find a way to either amuse me or annoy me. I find it cute both ways.

We were giggling in our own world until the presence of somebody. Oh, it's my bestie.

"Hey there lovebirds," She greeted. She was sweet as usual. But I noticed something was off. I haven't talk to her for a long time. A very long time at that. Does 1 month considered long? Yes it is.

"Hey Sabby," I replied. Knowing her, she smiled at me and scoffed at Ray.

"You! Ever since you and Hyunnie got together, we've have been apart for like a month. I hate you now, literally," she pointed a finger at Ray. Even though I'm 100% percent she was kidding, but I sensed a hint of truth in her words. As if she meant the whole thing.

"Woah. Don't get there girl! I thought you had a boyfriend of your own. That's why I thought it would be okay?" Ray tried reasoning with her. I stood quiet at the corner, assessing the situation. I can't just say anything. Both person are special to me.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that you could conquer her every freaking time. By the way, in the boyfriend area, I've broken up. And that explains my salty mood today. So pardon me," Sabrina fired back.

Ray looked guilty for saying the unknown. I'm sure he was feeling bad, but truthfully, I would do the same thing he would too.

I knew it. Something was off. This can't be ignored. This is something that I believe she needed a best friend's support.

 

"I'm sleeping over your house tonight," that's the only thing I managed to say at the moment.

 

 

Tissues were all over the bed and sobbings and snifflings were heard. Me and Sabrina sat on her bed and having a heart to heart talk. Actually the tissues were mine, and the sobbings were all me.

Sabrina didn't even drop a single tear. That's how strong she was. Such a fool strong girl.

"Sabrina, I just don't know how to apologize for not being by your side," 
I half yelled, half cried.

"Its okay. You have your own life to be taken care of. You're not my mom or anything," she said casually.

Her words made my tears coming out like Niagara Falls. How can she say something so normal and calm?

She should just have shouted at me and say that I'm the worst friend ever.

"I know I'm a terrible friend. Just say it," I ducked my head down.

She stood still, not taking any actions or saying anything. I looked up at her and she was smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because I'm happy that my best friend cried because of me. Like, look at all the tissues. Even though you weren't there for me, at least you'd hear me out, and probably willing to help me out after this? Would you?" 
She asked.

I nodded firmly. "What can I do for you?" I asked while wiping the remaining tears on my cheeks. The air wasn't as sad as just now.

 

 

"5 minutes until photoshoot!" The photoshoot manager announced. Everybody got into a more quick mode than before. I was assigned to make up Chen, and now I'm storming my brain of how to come in contact with Baekhyun without anyone noticing.

The studio looked colourless. Sabrina was not here. Usually, she would be stomping here and strutting there getting her job done.

Well at least to me, she was the color.

I eyed Baekhyun's every step. How could a person like him just broke up with a great person like Sabrina?

He was smiling for the lenses, but after that, there goes the cold look. I guess it's because of her. Because as far as I noticed, after they dated, every time EXO had anything with NR, he would be delighted.

Just then,  Jooyeon, another colleague of mine tapped my shoulder.

"Min Hyun ah,"

"Yeah, what is it?" I said. We were not as close, at least not more than just colleagues. There must be something important.

"Could you please switch with me? I really wanted to remove Chen's makeup. He's my bias. Please?" She started making aegyos and because the fact that we're not close, it's uncomfortable.

"Who do you got?" I negotiated. Even though I have no interests in EXO after I have Ray, but still.

"I had Baekhyun. So, are you okay?" She replied.

 

Bingo.

"Sure,"

 

 

"Please sit properly. I'm gonna remove your makeup,"  I instructed. He sat straight, but still his focus was on his phone.

I took something out from my pocket and placed it on the makeup table. Because there's so many things on the table, people would not notice there's a ring box.

"Baekhyun ssi. Just keep focusing on what you're doing while listen to me. I've got something to say," I started while checking around. Everyone was busy with their own business.

"Its about Sabrina. I'm Min Hyun, her friend? Probably you've heard of me," 
As I said it was about herhis expression changed.

"Well, that's not the matter now. She told me everything. About your breakup. And believe me, she's not in a good state. No, scratch that, she's feeling terrible now," I paused to see his reaction and I thought it was okay to continue, but then he cut me.

"Oh. Did she tell you she's got a new guy?"

With that simple sentence, I felt like slapping the life out of him. I've known Sabrina long enough to know how kind her heart was. She would never stoop as low as that.

"Whatever nonsense you're talking, it's not right. I've known her longer than you. And if you're really wondering who's the losing side here, it's you. You left her without an explanation, how the hell would she find closure in that?" I paused again.

"See that ring box on the table?" He nodded, then I proceed. "It was from her, to give it to you. That's how much she still believed in you, in both of you. At least, accept the ring. If not as a gift from her, take it as a gift from a fan. She wanted to wish you a happy birthday anyway,"

He grabbed the box and opened it. I took a peek because I made a promise to myself to not open it before it gets to his hands.

 

It was a ring with 'B & S' engraved in the inner side of the ring.

 

"How is she now?" He said and slipped the box inside his coat's pocket.

"I'm afraid you have to find it out for yourself. I don't know exactly what's on your mind for you to do that, but I know you're not the type to just leave her like that. You're too fragile for that. You're just as broken, and you know the feelings of being broken, that's why you would never do that to a person. And I'm sure it took you great measures to break up with her,"

"Whatever you do, just please don't leave in a worst condition than she is in now,"

As I finished, he stood up and half bowed at me. Like all the idols do to thank the staffs and all.

My eyes got blurry as tears started b.

 

Their love story was achingly beautiful.