Chapter 21

Love, Faker

"So hyung. How's your dating life?" As we were just strolling at the Han river, Sehun asked me about my girlfriend. Well, of course he's been dying to know since we got together, but i refrained myself from answering anything.

"Guess you wanna know so much huh?" I decided to just tell the younger, he could keep secrets that's I'm sure. 

"Of course. It's a miracle that Byun Baekhyun was smiling because of some girl. And I, as the official secretkeeper of you both have the every right to know a little bit!"

There's a thing about this brat. He may look charismatic or hot on stage, but in fact, he's that one flower boy.

"Tch. Official secretkeeper. We're doing fine. A few petty fights here and there but we're splendid," I assured.

"That's great. Does her family know that she's dating you?" A question that seemed normal to anyone who just started a relatonship, but not me. It was on two grounds: 1. I am EXO's Baekhyun. 2. She never really talked about her family, let alone tell them about us. I am an exception of course, since my parents are no longer here.

"i'm not quite sure about that. I'll get back to you later. Cover for me please. I need to go somewhere," I hurried. If she's not gonna say anything, probably I'm the one who should ask.

 

"Baekhyun! How did you get here? I thought you'd be busy these few weeks?" As expected her expressions were shocked seeing me at the doorfront. It's true that I told her that my schedules were packed this whole month. But none of that really matters now.

"Can't help but miss you so damn much," I spread my arms on her petite frame. I sniffed her hair. Everything about her is so comforting.

"You know you shouldn't keep that up. What if you got into trouble? Dating is already a thing you know," she reminded in our hug. I can't help but to fall for her more and more. We settled on our couch spot. Accompanied with two mugs of hot cocoa, the night were indeed beautiful.

"What brings you here? Aside of sick of missing me," As if our minds were connected, she asked the actual reason I came here.

"Ouuh. You read my mind. It's nothing big I think. I was having a conversation with Sehun earlier about us. Then he asked me something that I don't know. I thought I should ask you, you know how desperate I am if I'm not getting answers," I fiddled with the blanket that covered us in the cold weather.

She chuckled. "Sehun always knows how to hit your blind spot huh? So what is it  that you're so desperately want to know?"

"Hmmm. You know that my parents were no longer here. But you never told me about your parents. Your family. Is there something wrong?" As I finished, I saw her froze. She put down her mug and started talking.

"My dad passed away while I'm in elementary. Mom never talked about how he died, and I don;t bother to know either. It's not that I don't care, but because it's painful to remember. We got the news that he died on my parents' anniversary. I can't imagine how miserable my mom is at that time, We waited till late night only to get a phone call from the nearest hospital saying to come over and claim the body. I was still not being able to understand what the adults were talking, but the only thing I'm sure was, I'm not gonna see my father ever again," The sparkles in her eyes were long gone, but she still continued.

"As for my mom, she went before I got into Nature Republic. Thanks to her encouragement, I confidently interviewed for the photographer position. Her last words to me were 'Pursue what you love. It will be easier'. I hold on to that till this very second. And I hope you remember that as well," she ended with a sigh but never forgetting her smile. I just hated it when she acts strong, but in fact deep down, she has a weak spot that need to be shown.

"Do you miss or remember them often?" I tried luring her to open up. I can't afford to see my girl all sad and broken.

"I would be crazy if I said I don't miss them. I kept imagining the moments where I proudly tell them all my achievements. But I guess that's not my fate," 

Instinctively I pulled her to the crook of my neck and caressed her locks. "If you wanna cry, then cry. Don't hold it for so long,"

Her tears started rolling by the time I said that. Few moments later her sobbings filled the living room. I kept patting on her back and comfort her in any way I can, just like what she did to me when I was bawling my eyes out.

Moments later, her sobbings started to lessen and Sabrina looked at me in the eyes. As if our eyes were communicating in a language that I don't even know existed. It was not long until our lips met and the night was perfect as ever. I decided to let out what's booked in my heart all this time. Our foreheads touching, I said

"I love you Sabrina Shin Sung Young. I realized that when I know it's you. My better half. I love you so much,"

Sabrina looked awe and smiled sweetly. I didn't expect her to reply, but she did.

"I love you too, Byun Baekhyun. Forever than forever,"

 

A/N :

I am diagnosed with a disease called procrastination. And I really need to find the cure soon hahahah. Its been like what 2 months since I last updated. I lost track myself :P I'm sorry, blame my disease

Enjoy this chapter. And oh. One more thing. PLEASE comment. I would love to read your thoughts.

Love, decent_fangirl