Chapter 27

Love, Faker

"Baekhyun, what is this?" Manager hyung asked.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts while waiting for Sabrina to reply my texts, until my manager took a good peek and the cat is out of the bag.

"I've already had enough headache with the current situation, now you're giving me another one?" He half yelled. 

The other members stood silent, not knowing how to defend me. Well, its not their fault, I'm not blaming them. It's my fault, so I should be the one answering.

"I'm dating," that's the only answer I afford to think at the moment.

"Does that explains your disappearing at your free time?" He asked again. I simply nodded with my head hung low.

"You know the rules. You know how crazy your fans are, you know how media is watching every move you guys make?" He state as a matter of factly at all of us. 

We still stayed quiet, solemn not knowing what to do. 

"Now the press are buzzing about Tao leaving, of course now you'll be the top hot gossip for every entertainment websites! Don't you think the risks are very high, Baekhyun?" Manager hyung just brought up the bitter thing that happened last week. 

Another member left us. And  the feeling of lost is here. Again. It never really left, actually. 

"I'm giving you a chance, Baekhyun. You do what you think is the best for you and for the girl. Don't you ever think about the risk you're imposing to the girl? Do you even realize how freaking dangerous your sasaeng fans are?" 

"I'll give you some time off tonight. You do what you need to do," Manager hyung ended his rant. I looked up at him with an unbelievable stare. 

No matter what happen, I'll never leave Sabrina.

 

By the time I reached her door, it was already nine. I hope she's not asleep as I know her love for her bed beats her love for me. 

As I was about to turn the doorknob, I heard voices inside her house. 

It was a man's voice.

Instinctively, I put my ears close to the door to listen in. As I hear each word, my heart clenched in ways I've never known they can.

Footsteps were heard and I quickly hid at the hallway as the man was getting out.

"Goodbye Sabrina. See you again," the man waved.

And shockingly, Sabrina replied.

"You too, Minho"

I stayed hidden for a good 3 minutes before knocking to her door. She opened them and damn, do I missed her so much.

"Baekh-" before she can even say my name, I beat to her by hugging her small figure. 

"Its been so long. I missed you," I said in between sniffing her hair. Smells like her.

"And I missed you as much,"

 

We landed on her couch and talked to our hearts content. Some tears came out, and that was me. Some laughs, and it all went fine. 

Regardless what she is talking about, I just can't stop thinking about the guy earlier. Sabrina told me all the details that happened in her life after the last time we met, but somehow the guy's story was cut out.

Is this the stage where she got bored of waiting, and decided to look for somebody else?

"Do you have anything else you wanna tell me?" I tried to ask, who knows.

"Mmm, nope. Beside the fact that I missed you so much, then nothing else," she said casually with no guilt on her face. 

"You missed me that much huh?" 

"Of course. You didn't text me like a week or more, I can't recall. Then Min Hyun was so busy with Ray and I'm just plain bored," she said.

"I did text you. Yes, I admit. I was too busy at the time I didn't contact you. But you never get off my mind. I missed you too, but I didn't know whether the feeling is mutual now. I'm starting to have doubts, Sabrina,"

"But when I texted you, called you, you didn't answer. Why is that? You didn't respond anything by saying you're okay or not. Heck, I thought you were mad at me. And that's fine, cause you're a girl and your feelings mean everything to me. But now that I've came, I've heard things I shouldn't. Don't you think I deserve more than you said you missed me because you were bored?" 

"If you think I'm petty, then trust me I'm not. I've put a lot of thought in this," 

"Baekhyun, don't," she tried to silence me, but I beat her to it. 

"Sabrina, let's just..."

I saw her cheeks tainted with tears. My inner self told me to hug her and comfort her. But my conscious self told me otherwise.

"Let's just break up,"

'I love you Sabrina, but I'm sorry. I did this for your sake. And probably mine too'

 

A/N

So, how was it? Tell me your thoughts!!