Chapter 35

Love, Faker

Minho's POV

The subway felt slower than usual, which I'm sure the problem was me. I deserve a week off which I applied. After weeks of overtime and shifts day and night, it would be just right for me. To set my mind right and to digest what had happened.

And now being in the very exact place that meets me and Sabrina isn't a good way of starting to move on.

Her funeral was simple, just like her. Because of her lack of contacts, there's only me, Min Hyun and Ray, and of course her boyfriend.

Baekhyun managed to come. He did not need to persuade his manager to send his girlfriend of. It's something that goes w saying.

"I guess having a doctor friend kinda gives you motivation to work harder," Sabrina joked.

That's the unique thing about her. Clearly she looked so frail on the hospital bed, but she still have the nerve to joke around.

"Ohso I motivate you?I followed suitConversations like this is essentialaw it could be some kind of support.

"Ohyou doI felt like jumping to Nature Republic and do my job this instant,"

laughedHer sense of humor never failed to amaze.

"Sohow do you feel now?" I took the seat at the side of her bedMy shift just ended and I couldn't think of any other way to spend it besides with her.

Like, my friend is in the hospital I'm working and I go back home after my shiftTo meit sounds so not right.

"If you ask menow I would say guiltyCause you're been working how many hours straight, and now here you are taking care of me when you're tired yourselfOther than thatI'm excited. My boyfriend had paid me a visitso there's no exact reason of why I should be upset ,"

chuckledEver since Baekhyun cameshe was smiling all dayEven when she's on chemoPretty much every time I ask hershe would answer the same thing.

"So tell me, what does it feel to have celebrity boyfriend?" I opened up a new topic.

She grinnedWellI fell for those smile at the first placebut that's old story.

"I've never thought of him as a celebrity as we went throughBefore thatyeahI only thought of him as a guy who really had a good voice and of course his undeniably good looksand that is his job which he loves to doAnd it happened to be lots of people love and admire him," she paused for a while, hitching a breath then resumed.

"It was never easyIf anyone told you that dating an idol would be all cupcakes and rainbows then I'm telling youits notThe long distance insecuritiesthe misunderstandingsthe communications. Usually it would end up on a good notebut not always,"

"Do you ever dreamt of dating a starLike fantasizing anythingGirls at their teenage years would at least do that," I teased her.

She laughed and shook her head. "So, when are you searching for your MrsRight?"

replied spontaneously,"Probably in the subwaySomething like she wanted to fall and I managed to catch her on time scenedon't you think?"

She cringed at my statementHeyanyone can dream.

"Sounds like a romantic cheesy movie to meMake sure you treat her right okay?" Sabrina threatened me.

threw my hands to the sky as a sign of giving up. "GodI would miss you all," suddenly she sighed.

"What's with the statementWhere're you're going?" She just said something that made me really uncomfortable.

She just shrugged and said. "NothingJust maybemaybe if this surgery doesnt workthat this would be my last memory with you,"

nodded my head in disbeliefnot believing she's actually speaking about this.

"NoSabrinaYou're gonna make itokay?" I held her hand and grasp it little tight.

"You believe in variablesMinhoCause I do. Anything could happenAnd that's why now, I'm asking you a last favorWellat least if I didn't make itIf I doI'll ask a favor from you for the rest of my remaining life," 

Her eyes were pleadingand no way I could reject thateven though I can't tolerate what she said.

" What is it?" In a weak toneI mighten myself to ask.

She took a large paper bag that had been at the side of her bedI thought it was her things inside.

"In this paper bagsthere's letters and other thingsIt has been labeled and namedThere's even yours insideAnd you could pass it to the people only after I'm gone,"

"I really hoped I would never have to do this," I muttered but loud enough for her to hear.

"HeyI hoped the same thing tooAnd Minho," she called meas I was hanging my head low.

looked upmeeting with her smiling face.

 

"You will forever be my great friend,"

 

I had done your favor, Sabrina. I've given Baekhyun and Min Hyun their things.

Crashing myself on the bed, feeling surreal about what happened.

You will too forever be my great friend, Sabrina. Even if we haven't known each other, for a long time, but you're a great person.

It's raining outside and for a while I thought the skies were crying because the world just lost such a great person.

 

A/n

What crap is this I cant asdfghjkl