Chapter 14

Love, Faker

"Would you be mine?"

My stomach churned. Was he trying to give me a hint about their new comeback or what. Well, I really wanted to wait until it was released.

To : [Baekhyun]

No spoilers please. Wanna wait till the date :D

I continued stuffing my mouth with food until the next text made me froze. Literally.

From :[Baekhyun]

Actually it was for you. Would you be mine? Like really Baekhyun's?

I chuckled and send a 'oh yeah, that's funny' phrase. I keep on laughing because at that time I really thought he was joking. My laughters came to a halt when he kept shooting me with texts.

From : [Baekhyun]

No I'm not.

I've been lost until I met you.

When I'm with you, I felt like I'm home.

You know, what my pain is and I'm sure you know how it's hard for me. But your presence really made me tough enough to face all those. I just realized, you were my long lost happiness.

Could you be my girlfriend?

That's just about it. It was just so much for me to digest. All the suddenliness. Why would in the world, Byun Baekhyun asked me to be his girlfriend. Just a reminder for myself, Sabrina Shin Sung Young, he's an idol. He's an universal superstar. He's a perfection that basically every girl in South Korea, -wait no, around the world wants.

But behind all that good looks, hides his most true feelings. The things he told me when he was not his true self, the sentence 'I'm just so sick of acting like I don't care' really made me felt pity. Not that kind of, 'Oh, pity you. You have a terrible life'. It's the kind of pity where you feel like you were in their shoes and you were like feeling the same thing as them. And probably, if I were him, I woudn't be as strong and as patient as him.

But about this sudden subject, I couldn't bring myself to reply.

Then, another text came in.

From : [Baekhyun]

It's okay if you don't know your answer now. But I just want you to know that I'll wait.

The bowl of noodle in front of me became untouched as I went to my eternal lover ; the bed, to seek comfort.

 

Spinning the pen, again and again, my mind wandering around the same thing : what should I answer him? It's been like 10 days since the text came and it's really haunting me.

"Babe, your fave," Min Hyun handed me a cup of cofee which I knew was caramel macchiato.

"Thanks," I said and took a sip.

"Mind sharing anything?" she sat opposite me and instinctively, adjusting her hair. It's such a waste she didn't sign up for modelling. I handed her the coffee, until she laughed.

"Not the coffee, silly. Your thoughts. I see you've been thinking a lot these days. What is it? I'm not your best friend for nothing,"

I chuckled. She was right, she's not my best friend for nothing. "Someone asked me to be his girlfriend. He's basically the everything that every girl wished for. He's kind, and mostly entertaining," I started.

"Then, what's wrong?" Min Hyun asked.

I took in a deep breath, " Well the thing is, you know that I don't make any decision that the result was unknown for me. It's because if ever the results turn unfortunate, I had nobody to cling to. I had nobody to support me. If this relationship turns out not for us, then what is it for me? I really liked the guy. To imagine that we had to part in future after really having a significant relationship, I can't Hyun,"

I just stared at the pen lying in front of me. I didn't lie when I said that I liked him. He's humorous in his own way, never failed to send me a simple text since the day we got each other's number. I liked the way he talked like he's not an idol, that he don't want to be treated one. Who wouldn't fall into his charms? Oh God, what had got into me?

"Okay, Sabrina. I may not be a love guru, but this is one indefinite decision you have to make. Love is subjective, you don't know the outcome. But if you like this guy and the guy likes you, what's the harm? I bet the guy is really something because the invincible Sabrina Shin Sung Young fell for him. And if ever, this guy wants to leave you, tell me. I'll make sure he learn a lesson. But till then, just do it okay?" she explained.

Yeah, what's the harm. Baekhyun seems like he's serious. And I'm slowly starting to loving it. "You know, how in the world I managed to get a boyfriend earlier than you?" I said.

"Yeah. Oh God, please send an angel for me from above to get over Sabrina and his boyfriend," she joked.

"Yah!! I wouldn't forget you, my love guru. I promise," I said and we laughed on each other. Just on time, my phone buzzed.

From : [Baekhyun]

Showcase is tomorrow. Wanna meet you tonight. Han River, 8:43 pm. You know how to find me.

I gripped on my phone and smile victoriously. This time, I had make up my mind.

 

Stepping out of the house, the chilly air gracefully slapped my face. Luckily, I wore thick enough, so that the weather wouldn't bite. My heart was beating speedily as my feet walked to the destination. Arrived at the breathtaking river, I looked around to find him. He said I know how to find him. Then, I spotted a guy standing there will all-black outfit. From his backview, I can tell it's him.

"The weather's really cold isn't it," I said as I stool next to him. There's not so much people at the river so I thought it was okay to stand near him.

You're early," he grinned.  I looked at my phone. 8:40 pm.

"3 mere minutes," I chuckled. Then the atmosphere turned solemn. He didn't say anything. Probably I should start.

"Your comeback's tomorrow right? Do your-" I said when he cut me mid-sentence.

"I really wanted to spend this night with you as my girlfriend, just so you know," Baekhyun said then he faced me. I swear that all the blood has rushed to my face.

"Well, should I?" I teased.

"Sabrina Shin Sung Young, you're like really lucky to have me as your boyfriend. The Byun Baekhyun? The EXO member? The girls' magnet? Girl, you're one special thing,"

I smiled. " But I really liked the unconcious Baekhyun who said the most truest things. I liked the humorous Baekhyun more. You think I can date him?"

He smiled widely. "So, can I hug you now?"

I laughed and nodded. How bubbly can this guy get? He hugged me tightly that I felt so warm in his embrace despite the weather being evil.

"It felt so fast. And we don't know each other so much," I said.

"It's fine. I could wake up everyday and learn something about you. At least I have something great to be excited for. I can anticipate to know about you every single day so that every passing day doesn't seem so bored. And you can learn about me too,"

"Okay. So, I was saying, do your best for your comeback okay? I wonder how you could get out when's tomorrow the big day," I scratched my head with curiosity. He ruffled my hair," I have my ways okay. It's hard to not missing you,"

"God, you're cheesy," I laughed.

"And I'm your boyfriend," he stated.

"Yup," I nodded.

 

A/N:

Phewww~~~ This chap was supposed to be up last week, but then the browser's gotta problem. I'm really sorry for the grammar errors, spelling mistakes etc. I've been writing this non-stop for 2 hours and my eyes can't take it anymore. So, please pester me with comments, and don't forget to subscribe okay??