Chapter 36

Love, Faker

Min Hyun's POV

It's not an everyday situation where you feel like a total downer after attending your friends's funeral. A best friend at that. Sending your friend off, knowing not be able to see her again after putting up hopes that she'll be okay, it's officially my worst feeling ever.

"Babe, you need anything?" my fiance asked. Ray decided to stay over for a while, worrying me being alone.

I need Sabrina right now. Should I tell him? But instead, I shook my head, because it's childish for me to do so.

Suddenly reminded of somethings Minho gave me after the funeral, I went up and took it. It couldn't be Sabrina's belongings. Baekhyun had already offered himself to take it all.

My tears fell without hesitation when I discovered what it actually is. The baby blue dress that I gave her, it's in the bag. Searching for other things on the bag, a letter was also enclosed.

 

Dear lovely Min Hyun,

First, I really wanted to apologize to you for not being able to wear that dress  you gave me. Given that you're reading this, that means I'm not here anymore. I think you would pull off a better look for the dress anyways =D

Second, I don't know how it works though. I wonder could ghosts attend weddings? If they could, I promise you I would be there. You wished that I would your bride of honor, which I'm pleased to be, but I just can't. I'm sorry for that, seriously. Off all the things you've asked me in favor, this is the thing I regret the most for not being able to do.

You know what, I've been apologizing from just now. It's my turn to do something.

There's a document with this letter if you noticed. And there's a contact number. Call that number and ask to speak with Miss Kim. You'll get what I'm saying. It's not much, nor it's big but at least your honeymoon matters are done ;). Don't feel burdened though. It's the perks of living alone, I'm rich :)

I wish the best for you and Ray and not even death can part you both. From my eyes, I know you loved each other so much. Just please, tell Ray don't be so cheesy in public. Some people can't take it. Tell him I say that, he wouldn't dare to break it.

Thank you so much Min Hyun, for putting up with me all this time. I know that I'm not always a good friend, and I keep some things from you. Same goes for Ray. He's so annoying, I can't help to be mad at him all the time. And please tell him I'm sorry too.

You know I never wanted to leave you right? By the way, I've keep my promise. Remember? Champagne on my deathbed. Yeah, the wine at the mall counts =D

I love you my friend.

p/s: three words to describe you.

LOVABLE. UNDERSTANDING. CHARMING.

 

I cried louder than before which made Ray came in barging. He looked at me questioning before taking the letter and read it himself. He placed himself beside me and hugged me.

"Bad girl," I muttered. Ray chuckled and caressed my hair. "She's still being salty about our PDA. So Sabrina like,"

We broke off and Ray said ," I'll call this mysterious Miss Kim,". He went off with the papers.

My wedding is in a few months cry and I am not preparing like any other brides would. This is not what I imagined. I expected a bride-to-be journey with my best friend. 

And probably that's why they say,  don't set your hopes too high. 

While I'm preparing too immerse myself in the pit of depression, Ray's voice hollowed in my small house. 

"Babe,  this Miss Kim is talking about some honeymoon package at Maldives, "

I grinned.  Apparently she remembered what I mumbled about going to Maldives as my romantic honeymoon getaway. 

She's still surprising,  even after she's not physically here anymore. 

 

A/n

Signal to the final chapter 💓

This story is seriously burdening I'm 😴