Chapter 34

Love, Faker

“So, where are you taking me?” Sabrina asked me as she adjusted her face mask.

“Mmm, that’s gonna be a secret. Just wait okay?” I took a last look at her before stepping out of the house. Both of us were wearing masks, eventhough news about us is already official, we can’t just simply go out bare-faced. Moreover, they only know that I dated a non-celebrity.

“Since I have no motorcycle license, we’ll just take a taxi,” I proposed.

She replied, more like a suggestion. “But I can. There’s no need to waste money,”

I gripped her hand tighter and pecked them. “Seriously, you’re making me so not sweet. Imagine the girlfriend brought the boyfriend on a bike. Oh my, that’s embarrassing. By the way, it’s okay. Let’s just take the taxi. The bike, it’s a next time,”

She blushed and just kept quiet. I hailed a taxi and we hopped on. As I mentioned the location, she caught up. But I just smiled at her and gave her an assuring smile.

The night was just as usual, the view was normal, but I felt so much different. Probably because Sabrina is now beside me and we’re going out like any other couples do. I’ve dreamed of moments like this for a very long time.

We arrived at the restaurant after a mere 10 minutes. We got off after I handed t sum of money at the driver. We stood infront of the restaurant, Sabrina’s eyes filled with excitement and disbelieve.

“Seriously Baek? You’re aunt’s restaurant?” she asked me as I pulled her inside.

“Yeah, why? You don’t like?” I asked concerned. Probably she would feel uncomfortable in anyway. I wouldn’t want that, moreover for our first date.

She shook her head and smile. “No! I love it. You’re just too blunt Baekhyun. Taking me to your aunt’s restaurant for our first date. I’m impressed,”

“Omo! My lovely nephew! And this must be the lucky girl. Come, I’ve prepared a special spot for you,” my aunt greeted in a hushed tone, knowing it would alarm others to know that EXO’s Baekhyun is in the house.

She leads us to a hidden spot far behind from the entrance. As we were seated, she explained. “I set this spot for you because I know my nephew would like some privacy. And so, today’s meal is on the house. What’s you’re name lovely girl?”. As usual, she would induce her warm aura and make everybody comfortable. Sabrina’s expression softens slowly. I can tell she was nervous earlier. Knowing that she had to meet my mother-figure.

“Sabrina Shin Sung Young. You could just call me Sabrina. And thank you very much for the hospitality,” Sabrina introduced herself and half bowed. I smiled at their interaction.

“Aigoo, so polite. Okay then. I’ll better get going,” Before my aunt left, she sent me a secret signal which means she likes Sabrina. Well, who wouldn’t?

“Pheww, that’s nerve-wrecking!” Sabrina groaned. I chuckled at her statement. Indeed, she was nervous.

“Why? Is it so nervous to see my aunt?” I asked, with a little hint of teasing. But Sabrina answered straightly.

“You’re lucky that my parents are gone. You know that thing, first impression matters most. When you’re dating, you’re parents would care totally whom their son or daughter go out with. That’s why I’m nervous,”

In awe, I tugged her hands that have been fiddling here and there. “If your parents were still her, I want to thank them for making such a wonderful person like you. And don’t worry, my aunt likes you,” I said. She’s not as stressed as before now.

“Pretty warm huh? Actually, this is not the way I wanted to spend our first date. But my aunt called, asking to meet the lucky girl Baekhyun fell for. So, killing two birds with one stone, here we are,” I explained, thinking she probably expected something else than this.

Sabrina smiled again and adjusted her beanie. Tell me how would I spend my life with a person as perfect as her without having my heart explode everytime she smile?

“It’s okay Baek. I wasn’t expecting anything. I love how it is now. And to be exact, this is our second date. Remember the amusement park?” She reminded me.

“How could I forget that? It’s one of the most exciting occasion in my life. I just thought that this would be our official first date after our dating news spread,” I said, referring to our dating news.

It’s been 2 weeks since SM released a statement saying we’re dating. I’m only keeping my promise on telling the public about us if she survived the surgery.

When I told SM, they called in Sabrina for some talking. They even accused her for using me to sympatize on her condition. But well, they treat everyone like that. Luckily, Sabrina was the one who understands and we managed to get through it together.

And as usual, the response we received was mixed. Some said they would support us and some criticized, with a lot of assumptions they created. And a small part of them even threatened to find Sabrina as I only decided to say that I’m dating a non-celebrity.

I would protect her at all costs. No matter what it takes.

“The food is here,” Sabrina crashed my thoughts. We began eating while conversing various topics. The magical thing is, we never run out of things to say, be it a big or small topic.

“Are you planning to go anywhere after this?” she asked as she fed me her noodle soup.

“Yeah. Then, only after that I’ll send you home,” I said, not disclosing the details. She looked at me suspiciously, not asking more. She knew I wasn’t gonna answer anyway.

After we finished our meal, we thanked and greeted my aunt. “Come over often. Since this kid is super busy, come by yourself. Baekhyun is like a son of mine, so now you’re my daughter. Is that okay?”

Sabrina looked bashful. She nodded slowly, the red colour on her cheeks slightly visible. “I don’t mind. I will find time to pay you a visit,” Sabrina replied and bowed again. We bade goodbye and I hailed a taxi.

“This is why I told you we should take the bike,” she sighed. The weather’s cold, so I took her hands and put it inside my coat’s pocket.

“Seriously? You’re cheesy, Baekhyun,” she said, referring to my previous gesture.

“I was trying to be romantic and my plan was almost perfect until you spoiled it,” I sulked.

We got onto the taxi and whispered the location to the driver. Sabrina was totally enjoying me being childish, she was trying to hold her laugh everytime she looked at me.

I ignored her until we reached the location I wanted to take her to.

“The amusement park?” Sabrina asked. I was still ignoring her and proceed getting us tickets.

We got in, Sabrina still clinging onto me. Actually I wanted to laugh at her hard efforts persuading me, but I’m holding hard. She did everything she could.

It was finally she came to the last resort. “Baek, let’s get on the Ferris wheel,”. I raised an eyebrow at her invitation.

“Aren’t you scared of heights?” I asked her. She’s dragging me towards the large contraption.

I could feel her being anxious when we’re in line. And when our car arrived, she hesitated. I smiled and carried her on board.

“Don’t do things you’re afraid of.” I broke the silence.

Her expression cheered up. “I may be afraid, but I know you’ll be there for me. And finally, now you’re talking”

“So this is about getting me to talk. Tch, you’re beyond expectation,” I smirked. She stayed quiet, not moving. I know, beyond her calm face, pshe’s still scared.

“So, why the amusement park?” she said something, probably because she noticed I was silent.

I smiled at her question and enjoyed the night view. “Because I know how much you love amusement park and how it brings joy to you. And now I could proudly say I’ve brought my girlfriend to the amusement park,"

"You're silly, you know that?" she hit my shoulders playfully, then continued to enjoy the view from the middle of the car.

Meanwhile she's enjoying the nightview, I am enjoying myself watching her. This is one of the moments I've been longing to do, and now when I could, I hope it wouldn't stop.

"At least I'm a silly guy who adore you," I pulled her waist and rested my hand on both of her cheeks. Without wasting any time, I crashed my lips on hers without any warning. She accepted smoothly and we remained in that position for God knows how long. Well, it is a large Ferris wheel.

She pulled back, her face beet red seeking for air. I hugged her from backwards assuring she could still see the city while it lasts.

"I know it's cheesy, but I love you Sabrina. I really do. Being here with you now makes it feel so real, like Yeah, we're together," I rested my head  on her shoulder blade.

I can see her smiling and replied, "I'm kinda used to being all fluffy cheesy. And yes, Baek. I love you too. Forever than forever,"

But slowly, I felt Sabrina slowly fading from my hold, as if she wasn't present at the first place. I panicked, not knowing what to do. My phone buzzed, but it went ignored. The love of my life is not here with me, what else is important? Our stop of getting off is getting nearer. The car shook, and I fell down.

 

 

Darn that dream. Fluttering my eyes open, I quickly realized that I'm in her house. In her room. It reminds me of the time of our first meet. It was similar to this, but now I'm in my funeral suit. My phone buzzed again and again, and I knew who it's from. It's either my manager, my members, Min Hyun or Minho.

My eyes were puffy from all those cryings. Oh well, as if I am not adjusted to puffy eyes. Steeping out of the room, the house remains in pristine condition. Nothing changed, except for the person who lived here was now gone.

Yeah, Sabrina is now no longer with me, or neither she will be.

I grabbed the letter Minho passed to me. It's from her. I was contemplating whether should I read it or not. Reading it means, I'm acknowledging she's no longer here. And it hurts like hell.

But my hands did differently than what my heart commands. Slowly, I tore off the opening and pulled the white paper with black ink scribbled on it. My tears fall rapidly afterwards.

Dear Baekhyun whom I love deeper than sea,

Firstly, I want you to know that I never wanted you to read this at the first place, If you're reading this, that means I'm no longer beside you. But no worries, wherever I am, I'll always watch over you so don't ever thinking of crying over me.

Well, the first thing that came into my mind when writing this is that I know you Baek. I never had the intention of making it harder for you to move on. Some people thought that letters like this is not necessary, but yeah.

I promised to myself that I'll fight till the end, but fate has something else in store. I do believe in those kind of things, and if you ask me, do I have any regrets in life, I'll say no, I don't. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure there's something good in everything. Including my departure.

With that being said, don't misunderstand me, Baek. I wanted to spend my whole life with you. I've never told you this but I've always imagine our future, me and you together. But I guess, that's just not gonna happen, well not in this life. You're crying, aren't you? WIPE THAT TEARS CAUSE I HATE SEEING YOU CRY.

Doesn't that sentence usually said by the boys to the girls? Oh well, you know me, I'm unique XP

If this letter is making you harder to move on, I'm sorry Baekhyun. I don't want to leave you without any closure. It would be too overwhelming. I know you. You'd be all depressed and live like a living dead. And I'm sure that feeling is much more worse than what you're feeling now. I've seen you being all miserable and I don't want it to happen again. You got me right?

It hurts, I know. But time will heal everything, I promise. If you find life is tough to face, then I've prepared something, just in case. Or, you can find somebody and vent everything. It's up to you. Now, don't cry. It's okay to be sad, but don't bawl your eyes out.

And Baekhyun, I love you.

Forever than forever.

Love, also a faker

Sabrina Shin Sung Young

 

A/n:

What the hell am I writing. I'm having a fever. K byeeee