Chapter 40 (Bonus)

Love, Faker

All the way from our last schedule’s location, I couldn’t stop but think only about today. It’s her birthday, and it’s frustrating that I couldn’t go and visit her. I’ve been getting busier every single day. Not that I’m complaining,but having a decent day off would sound so appealing.

“Just please don’t anybody make any noise when we get back to the dorm. I wanna sleep,” Suho hyung instructed. Everybody in the van knows who he’s referring to, if not the happy virus then who else.

Chanyeol, on the other side, just kept playing his phone and hummed slightly, acknowledging the elder’s demand. The other’s were either already asleep or on their own phones. I kept quiet, planning what I’m gonna do when we get home.

Upon arriving, just like what Suho hyung said, he went straight into his room and hit his bed whilst no one said a word. We had dinner before we came back, so nobody questioned about food. It was a rare moment for us if we are all in one space,- so solemn. Such perfect environment for me.

I washed up and sat at the desk where all of us, -mostly Chanyeol, would sit and write music or anything. I uncapped the pen and started writing. A letter I could never post.

4.2.2017

Dear you,

First thing first, happiest birthday! You would be a year older, a year wiser,a year more experience gained, if you were here. Well, nevertheless, I wished you already. Yeay!

are so many things that we have to catch up. Minho and her fiancee named Hyejin just tied the knot! And I’m happy for him cause’ he always said that he would like to bring his wife on a round-the-world trip. And I guess this is now the time. But you know what? I didn’t get his wedding gift. Yet. I said to him that I don’t have any idea what to give cause’ yeah. I’m not that person who’s got that brilliant idea of gifting her best friend a honeymoon trip to Maldives. Minho just laughed it off and said it’s fine. So now, I’m in a debt of gift to the couple.

Moving on, you guess what? Your niece just saw world in around 3 months ago. Yup. Min Hyun gave birthday to a cute baby girl. They’ve given her the name Min Young. Here’s the touching part- Min is from Min Hyun’s name while Young is yours. See how much they missed you? They told me they went to visit you. I’m lowkey praying having a life like them. Ever since Ray and Min Hyun resigned from NR, they’ve been doing constantly well with Ray opening up a new business and all. Watch over them will you?

And finally as for me, well as you can probably see, I’m doing well. Missing you from time to time. Cheesiness spotted ahah. I’ve gotten an offer in a drama. We’ll see how it goes. Actor Baekhyun, how does that sound? We’ve achieved much in the past year, you know. After all those, I can clearly understand what you always said to me. Finally. And I’m eternally grateful for that.

I’m really trying hard to not wet this paper with my tears, cause’ guys don’t cry. But then I remembered the moment you said to me it’s okay to cry. As if my life revolves around you. Just somebody please tell me how could I escape from those flashing memories of you. Not that I want to forget you. Sometimes it’s hard to control my feelings when I’m reminded of you. Oh my, how I want to hug you desperately.

I probably would never have the perfect life like others would have,but having your presence in a part of my life is more than enough. I love you for that.

Till the next letter,

Yours forever,

Baekhyun.

I folded the letter neatly and piled it on the many letters I’ve wrote before in my bedside drawer. Slowly I drifted to sleep, with our memories on repeat.

Time will heal everything.

A/N:

Writing this while IOI- Downpour on repeat. And now I’m getting emotionally unstable. Thoughts, anybody?