Chapter 33

Love, Faker

"It's been a while since we went shopping together, don't you think?" I stated as we stepped into the huge mall. I shoved Ray off our butts for a little girls time, ignoring his whines.

"Why can't I go?" he pleaded.

"Because it's a girls day out. And unless you're a girl, just stay here. I'm not gonna kidnap her or something, goshh you're so childish," I cut him off.

"I'm sorry babe, although I lovd you so much, I'm not willing to wear a skirt to just follow y'all. I'm just kidding Sabrina, gosh, it's you that take it so seriously. By the way, enjoy your time," he waved then went. Phew, that was easy than I thought.

"Right? We were so busy with other things to spend time with each other," she replied. I could sense eyes hawking around her. Well, can't deny, she's beautiful.

"You're talking to yourself aren't you. It wasn't me who had clingy boyfriend issues. Lots of things had happened. I even got a tumor, thats how long it was," I said simply with the intention of joking, then Min Hyun was on the verge of tears.

"Sabrina, I'm sorry for kind of ignoring you. I really had no intention of it, seriously. There must be a dark side in every chapter, doesn't it?" she said, holding her tears.

I smiled and hugged her. "Well, that means you're living. It's a good sign. Now, let's go get ourselves something,"

Dragging her to the nearest shop I saw, which was weird because it's always her pulling me everywhere. "Now, let's add the collection of Sabrina Shin Sung Young wardrobe! Hyun-ah, 3 words," I held a mint-green hoodie over my frame.

"Refreshing, simple, eye-pleasing. What a soft colour you got there," she said then continued browsing.

I chuckled. "Well, I am getting softer and softer every day, hah," I continued flipping over hangers then Min Hyun called me.

"Sabby, how's this?" she showed me a simple baby blue and white dress that was so beautiful.

"I. Like. It,"

She nodded in agreement and took the garment in hand. 

We continued lounging in the mall until a wine cellar caught my eyes.

"Hyun, let go there," I pointed to the said shop. She looked at me with a familiar expression that screams, 'seriously?'

"A cellar? What there's to celebrate?" she asked as I pulled her, not to say AGAIN.

"Well, you know me. I do weird things at the weirdest time. And we're celebrating us, for staying alive. There's actually a lot to celebrate actually, your engagement, my surgery," I explained, not sure whether she heard me or not. Our eyes went wild, mostly because there's a lot of choice and we were not so good at choosing wines.

"Miss, need some help?" a guy approached us, probably a staff noticing us so bewildered by the bottles.

"Oh, umm yeah please. We're totally blank here," I simply said, not caring about the image of being dumb or whatsoever. Not everyone knows about this right?

"What's the occasion, may I know?" he asked for our convenience.

I thought for a while then replied ,"Celebrating life, and oh yeah, and engagement,"

"Oh, I have just the thing. By the way, congratulations on the engagement," he tried to strike a light conversation.

"Oh, it's not me. It's my lucky friend over there," I pointed to Min Hyun who was like a curious cat, reading all the infos about wine.

"Do you wanna try a sip. I bet there would be other choices that you would like," he gave me an option. Not wanting to crash the grand ceremony, I declined politely. "It's okay, never mind. I trust your recommendation,"

He went on packing the bottle and waiting for me to proceed to the payment. "So, got what you want?"

I nodded. My eyes went on browsing, then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I picked up the call from an unknown number.

"Miss Sabrina Shin Sung Young?" the other line responded.

"Yes, it's me. May I know who am I talking to?"

"Oh yes. It's the hospital. We've finally a reserved a surgery date for you," the woman, who I take as a nurse, perhaps.

"Really?! That's great news! The doctor said that I should be at the hospital at least three days before the date to monitor my condition," I said enthusiastically.

"Yep, that's true. It's scheduled to be on Friday this week, and you would be here tomorrow I suppose? Go to the oncology department and submit your name. They'll arrange your ward admitation. Is it clear?" she said in a hurry.

"Crystal. Thank you so much," With that the other line hung up.

"What is it? You looked content," Min Hyun handed me back my card that I passed her during the call, the wine in hand.

"This best friend of yours is scheduled to have surgery on Friday and I have to go the hospital tomorrow. How that sounds?" Excited, I gleed.

She looked shocked and happy too. "Then, when are we gonna drink this? It's expensive, like babe you're rich?!"

"Tonight would do. Just the perks of being alone in this world and no one to support financially,"

To : [Baekhyunnie <3]

Surgery on Friday! Going to the hospital tomorrow.

 

From : [Baekhyunnie <3]

I really really really want to be by your side and just be the ideal boyfriend.

"I'll place your bag over here then," Ray put my bag on anearby table in the ward. I was lucky that I was given a one-person ward room.

"Thanks both of you. You could visit me during visiting hours, well if you want to," I stated, more like hoping they would come. At times like this, I really need moral support.

"Of course we would come. We wouldn't miss it for the world. By the way, remember that blue and white dress I bought at the mall?" she asked. I nodded, absolutely reminded of the gorgeous dress.

"It's in your bag. My gift for you, and I want you to wear it the moment you're out of this place. Okay?" she gripped my hand.

I teared, but being me, I managed to hold back and thank her as sincere as I could.

Somebody knocked the door and our drama ended. "I was checking to see how you're doing. And I bet you must be Sabrina's friends," Minho, who's my guardian greeted the other two.

"And you must be that subway guy. Please take care of her, I beg you," Min Hyun said warmly.

"I'll try my very best," WIth that, they took their leave after bidding goodbye.

I adjusted myself on the bed and my phone buzzed again.

From : [Baekhyunnie <3]

How can I see you without anyone noticing? Dispatch are going crazy these days.

"Your friends are kind and warm. I guess I could hang out with them too, what do you think?" Minho broke the silence.

"Of course, they're friendly. I'm warm and kind too, don't you think so?" I joked. He rolled his eyes and proceed to ask again.

"My break's gonna end. Do you need anything more?" he asked. Then I just realized, he was in his doctor's coat. Feeling guilty of taking his break time, but I just need his help this time.

"Could you please smuggle someone for me?"

 

 

My eyes fluttered open slowly after I felt a pair of hands caressing my needled hand.

"Baek?" I called the name I really missed.

"Yes, I'm here," he pecked the back of my hands.

"You made it here. I'm sorry I was asleep, guess that the medicine worked on me. I promised you that I'll wait," I felt guilty for not welcoming his presence earlier.

"It's not your fault, stop it. By the way, I got you something," he brought out a paper bag. I went maniac after knowing the contents of it.

"Baek! I've been looking to this particular pullover online for like forever! How did you know?" I hugged and put it on. It was exactly my size.

He chuckled at my sillyness. "I have my ways. I've been finding the right time to give you that, and since flowers doesn't actually help, I decided to bring this now,"

"Oh I don't know how to thank you Baekhyun. By the way, where's Minho?" I asked for the person who made our meeting possible.

"That guy with weird eyes? Oh, he said he's gonna be on his shift. He'll check on you later," he said carelessly. Guess that he still couldn't get over the topic.

"Byun Baekhyun, that NICE guy helped you here. Don't you have a sense of gratitude?" I scolded him. He gave me the goofy smile that I felt like slapping and kiss him at the same time.

"Fine. i'll thank him later. Don't you have any other things to talk about? Besided about that abnormal, oops sorry NICE dude?" Baekhyun still on his childish mode.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged ir off. "Well, firstly congratulations for your promotions. It was lit. Secondly, your eyebags are so big. Don't you get enough sleep?" I touched his eyebags, so big like an actual bag for an eye.

He pulled me hands into his. "Tell me how am I supposed to sleep when I can't be by my girlfriend, giving everything she needs?"

What he said was touching, but I'm still upset.

"I'm upset you're losing sleep because of me. You should take care of yourself more, Baekhyun. How would you perform in this state?" I said with concern. I'm really uncomfortable with the thought of he was thinking about me too much til he lose rest.

"Okay. You're in a situation yourself. How are you feeling? Tell me all about it," Baekhyun's turn to ask.

"Oh, I'm grand. I drank wine yesterday, I got a dress today, and not to forget my wanted pullover too. And I'm gonna be cancer-free on Saturday. So, if you ask me, I'm doing perfectly fine now. But I do have a little hint of worry because now that I'm getting more hairless, would you still love me the same?" I kept on talking in the middle of the night.

He laughed at my question and squeezed my hand, assuringly. "Of course, even if you're bald, I still love you the same, and probably more and more each day. I'm feeling very bad right now because probably I can't be there when your surgery's done. I've got a schedule. I'm sorry Sabrina," he kept on apologizing.

I pulled my hand and ran through his hair. "It's okay Baekhyun. Just like any other time, I'll understand. Just imagine you in this hospital. I bet if you're fangirls are sick, they would be totally healed thanks to you," I cheered up the air, not wanting to drop any tears.

"I wished that logic worked on you," he said glumly and ducked his head.

I got up from my leaning position and raised his chin up. He maintained that no-smile look on his face, which really doesn't suit him. I minimized the distance between us and my lips now to his. Now, I felt him smiling.

"Feeling better?" I said as I pulled away.

"Much. Now my turn," he placed his hand behind my neck and he kissed me passionately. It was as if the time stops for awhile, just to let us savour the moment.

The time had moved. Somebody knocked the door. Baekhyun quickly pulled away and put on his hoodie.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I just wanna inform you that the doctor's gonna check on you in like 5 minutes," Luckily, it was Minho.

"No, it's okay. By the way, thanks so much Minho. I hope it's not a burden to help me," I thanked him and galred at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just gave me 'what?' look.

Minho smiled and shook his head, "Nah, it's nothing. You can't just decline a favour from a friend. Nice to meet your boyfriend, whom I believe is Byun Baekhyun?" he extended his hand. Luckily, not being the dumb arrogant guy I thought he is for the moment, he excepted the handshake.

"Thank you Choi Minho. And you have weird eyes," I can't believe Baekhyun just said that.

"Baekhyun!" I half-screamed.

Minho chuckled, looks like he doesn't take it seriously. "I take that as a compliment,"

Pheww.

 

A/N:

A long update, probably a compensation for not updating for weeks. Sorry guys. My life's hectic.

Thanks for your support! Tell me your thoughts about this story. I'd really love to hear all about it.=)