Chapter 19

Love, Faker

Finally. After a long tour abroad, I finally get to feel Seoul's weather again. As usual, the manager said we got 1 day of rest then we shall continue with the same schedule or routine. Oh well, what's new? The other members was planning to sleep all day long or visiting their parents. Since mine passed away, I would not think long on how should I use this precious one day, because it would be with my beloved girlfriend.

The weather was being very nice, so I decided to just take the subway.It would be easy for people since they already knew we had came back. Words spread really super fast man. There's no space for hiding at all. I can't afford people discovering my secret girlfriend or my whereabouts. If ever, they knew I can't jeopardize Sabrina's safety for my own reputation. God knows how dangerous sasaeng fans are.

I decided to give her a surprise since she's not home. Using the spare key she gave me, I take a good look at her home. It was neat as always. The pastel coloured wall was comforting, just like the owner. The apartment was not big, unlike our dorm. But it gave me a sense of home. And it's enough for me. I inhaled the lavender scent that she used to refresh the air. It was really comforting until I heard footsteps nearing.

Then, there goes a series of laughs. Oh she's here. What's strange was, there's also a male laughing with her. I was hindering myself from stomping to the door and glare the man who's brave enough to flirt with my girl.

She opened the door with a bright smile, obviously happy to see me. But i couldn't convince myself to smile back. There's just something bothering me about the guy before.

"Baekhyun!! How did you get here? You got a day off?" she asked. Indeed, my surprise plan worked, but I can't be truly happy at the moment.

"Who is he?" I questioned.

"Oh, that was Ray. You remember when EXO was having those photoshoots, he was my partner. You recall?" Sabrina said as she took off her scarf.

I remembered that guy. He was always all touchy and laughy with her. Now, it seems like they're too close to my liking.

"Just don't hang out with him much. He seems touchy. You have me," I grinned, covering my actually serious expression.

"What are you implying?" she asked.

"I said, you don't need to hang out with him so often. You have me to laugh with," I'm still keeping the cutie boy expression.

"No seriously Baek. What are you talking about?" she crossed her arms. Things were starting to get ugly.

"Nothing. I just asked you to stop go out with him. I just felt that there's a lot of boys trying to get you since our relationship is a secret. No one knows about this. And I can't go around with you and tell the world that you're mine. You are my girlfriend right?" I said with hopeful eyes. She looked tensed up. Until she bursted everything.

"Then, I as your supposed girlfriend have insecurities too! You think it would be easy for me to have a long distance relationship with a guy who had a millions of girls under his feet, most of them have better looks than me? You think it was easy for me to wait every single day, waiting and hoping my boyfriend would have time for me. I'm not saying anything because I trust you. And I understand your job and how much you love singing so much. That's how much I confide in you. You don't need to apologize about that because I don't need it," she paused as she looked into my eyes. I avoided her gaze.

"You didn't even say anything about that dating rumor. You think I would be so calm to not think about it when the fact is you said yourself that I'm your girlfriend. You didn't do anything to prove that I'm the only one you see. During your tour, you didn't send me texts like you usually do. If you just sent me even a word, I would totally be happy. I am not asking you to have a long conversation, just a simple emoticon would be okay. What do you think I feel?"

"You don't need to say anything because I really don't need it right now. If you already decided to pick on this instead of saying hello after months, then I say you better think again. I need some time ALONE," she finished her sentence then stomped her way back to her bedroom, not forgetting to lock the door.

I slumped myself on her couch,analyzing what she had said. She knew. She knew about the rumour. At that time, I was literally cursing the media for being such relationship-breaker. It was when a music show, at the ending, a senior that I really respect congratulated me personally. And it was caught on camera. That's when the websites started all the big fuss.

I took advantage of her calmness and her confidence in me. I just avoid to tell her about it because I thought that it would be better that way. I seriously messed up. Real time.

"Sabrina? Could you please open the door?" I knocked softly. The last thing I want is Sabrina crying because of me. I waited and waited, not caring how long I was standing and leaning at her bedroom door. 20 minutes passed, I was still begging her to open the door, to talk. I would never let this pass without talking properly. Until she opened the door, in comfort clothes, and most importantly, avoiding me.

"Sabby," I called. Clearly, she was ignoring me.

I followed her trails to the kitchen as she brewed some tea. "Can I have some?" I asked. I just wanted her to talk. That's all.

Probably what I should say was the thing she wanted to hear at the first place.

"I missed you," as I had thought, she stopped what she was doing. But then, she resumed her stuff.

"Please don't ignore me. Please babe?" She was already sitting on her dining table and sipping her tea while scrolling her phone.

"I missed you so much," I grabbed her hand. She tried struggling, but I held her hands strongly. Still, she didn't say a word.

I tried my very best in doing everything to make her open , from making cute to ugly faces, bothering her with her phone pr stealing her cup of tea, she still didn't mutter a single word. That's when it dawned on me, that probably I just had to do it in the serious way.

"Sabrina Shin Sung Young, could you please look at me?" Just like I guessed, she turned. It's now or later.

I bend over and palmed her cute cheeks towards me and taking her not resisting as a permission, I rested my lips on hers. She looked shocked, but she didn't mind. It lasted for a quite 30 seconds until we parted. She looked flustered as she stared deep into her cup of tea.

"What's that for?" Finally, she said at least something.

"I just want you talk. For us to talk. I don't want my precious time being wasted because my girl's not happy. And I'm gonna fix it," I said as I hold her hands tightly.

"Then fix it," she still keeping up with the stern tone.

"I'm sorry," I started.

"For?"

"For picking up on such things after months not meeting you. For not telling you about the dating rumor, because I thought that if I didn't tell you about it, it would be better for your feelings. For not texting you for the times I was far away. It's not that I don't want to, but I'm scared that you ask about the rumor and I don't know how to handle it. For being such a bad boyfriend, not showing you how much you really mean to me. For making you so insecure, and thinking there's a lot more girls than deserve your place, when actually it's you that I want. Basically for everything that need to apologized for," I hung my head low.

"I forgive you, Baek," she tightens the hold of our hands. She raised my chin and gave me the sweetest smile ever. I always thought that she was smiling the sweetest before, but now I know she can do more than sweet.

"I just need you to trust me and put some confidence in this relationship. And there's no relationship with secrets. You don't need to keep any secrets with me. I'm okay with it. As long as we both know the truth, no matter how bad the rumor is, okay?" she explained.

I was able to smile again. And I know this is the girl I want to spend my life with.

"So, we're all good now right?" I asked as I dragged her to the couch.

"Yeah. We just had our first fight," she stated. That made me remember something that was also our first.

"We also had our first kiss," I grinned.

"YAH!"

A/N :

ok byeeeee.

p/s : I am just so discouraged now. So, please, please please, please, comment and subscribe. I would love to wake up to new comments and new subscribers.