Chapter 31

Love, Faker

"So how did the checkup went?" Minho askedWe were chewing on our lunch as he said.

took a deep breath and answered. "Not going well I guess,"

He frownednot knowing what did I meant. "I don't understandWhat's wrong?"

"Seems likeI've been diagnosed with brain tumor,"

He paused and nearly chokedIf I didn't pass him the water, probably I've had to perform the Heimlich Manouver.

"WhwhatYou're joking, right?" He said in disbeliefHell, does my expression looks worthy enough to be laughed at?

"Am I laughing?"

He looked me straight in the eyes as if it's the last thing he would see."Since whenWhat did the doctor say?"

continued digging my food as if nothing happened. "The doctor said it's approximately been 3 monthsAnd apparentlymy type of tumor has its solutions. But he did give me a        time frame. So don't freak outAt leastdon't freak out more than I do,"

The doctor gave me hopeand that's why I'm not freaking out like people would thought I'd be.

"So don't pity meor talk differently to meI'm fineso there's no reason for you to not beJust help me through it," I continued.

He nodded. "Of course I wouldOther people would like to help you tooYour boyfriend and that best friend of yoursI'm sure they'll be a huge support,"

My movements stoppedMy boyfriendApparently at that momentmy boyfriend had left meso probably there's no such thing as his supportAnd Min HyunI don't know.

"He broke up with me," I replied sheepishlyAgainMinho looked at me with the same look he gave me earlierLuckilyhe decided not to ask details.

"Sohow are you holding onSeems like things are getting harder for you now,"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spill it all," Min Hyun demanded.

Both of us are embedded on my eternal lover, blankets and duvet warming us.

"He broke up with me," I said shortly.

T"WHATTTT?!?!?!" as expectedher response was loud. "But whyI thought he was head over heels for youI swear he's a jerk,SabbyNo offense, but that guy is a douchebag,"

sighed. "That's the thing.I don't know why he wanted to break up with meWe were talking just finethen he said it,"

"You want me to attack him for youCause if you'll let meI'll be honored," she said furiously. Eventhough Iwas supposed to be angry, the way she react was undeniably cute.

"'Well the thing isthe breakup isn't the only thing I'm handling now," I saidending her fury rant.

"What's more? Wait, don't tell me..." She saidthen sparing a glance to my stomach. I flicked her foreheadjust how much more ridiculous can she think?

"Its not that you dumbI've been diagnosed with brain tumor last weekso yeahLife had been so bad to me these days," I saidstraight to the point. No more beating around the bush.

She cupped her mouthand reacted like the mom in every action movies. "Sabby...." Her tears starting to falldrop by droptaking me into her embracewhich I accept lightheartedly.

"Oh, Sabrina I'm sorryI've realized that I abandoned you for this past monthnot knowing what you've been through,"
She sobbedI grabbed the box of tissue from the nightstand and pat her backMore like I'm consoling her.

"SabrinaI just don't know how to apologize for net being by your side,"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I've done a little research and all of it said the same thing,"

Minho on the other line replied,"I've referred to the neurohe said in your caseits possible to do surgery. But till thenyou still have to undergo chemoI also think its the best option,"

"You think so? Well I guess I have to trust the doctor then," I paused for awhilethen continued

"If the doctor said I should be doing surgerythen I'm in no position to say noI thinkits for the best,"

"Okay thenWe would be needing your family's consent for thisDo you mind?"
Minho askedProbably he thought I have any extended familyHe knew I've lost my parents.

"Who else's consent do you needI live AlineI have no other family. And the one who has tumor is meSo the only consent you need is mine," I said.

Then I heard someone barged into my bedroomI was startled to deaththinking it was a burglar or something.

 

"Baekhyun is that you?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrapping my arms over her body, I took in her scent. She did the same, bringing back the same warmth we used to have. 
"I'm sorry. Sabrina, I'm sorry," I apologized. Even though I know apologizing doesn't make any difference, but still.

"Its not your fault, Baek," She comforted. She haven't changed a bit, except for her physique.

"What are you doing here Baek? Don't you have schedule?" She asked me, concerned. I looked at her, how could she be so caring when herself was a mess?

"Don't worry about me you fool. Why didn't you tell me?" I ruffled her hair. She led me to sit on her bed, seeing I've been standing for so long.

"Baekhyun, you're wearing the ring," she held out my ring hand. Then she showed me hers. We really look like a couple, having couple rings.

"Sabrina, don't change the topic. Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded. She seems to divert my attention to other things, avoiding my question.

"What should I tell you? As in 'Baekhyun, I have brain tumor. Don't break up with me.'? It makes me look pathetic. I'm not using my illness to get you back to me. Even though I really wanted you to come back, at least to give me an explanation, I don't want it to be because of my freaking tumor," she ranted.

Earlier I was furious, but now I soften a little bit. Knowing how she still wanted us to be together. Or at least she wanted me to give an explanation.

"So now I'm here, do you still want explanation?"

"I am really waiting for that," she said, hugging herself.

I took a deep breath and here goes nothing. "You know about Tao leaving?" She nodded.

"That night. The night when the issue was buzzing in SM, my manager found out about us. You know, that night when I came to you. He confronted me, saying I should do what's best for me and you. Which what he meant was, I break up with you. But at that moment, like of course I said I wouldn't leave you,"

Then she cut me off. "Then, why did you?"

I rolled my eyes at her eagerness. "May I remind you that night, there's a man in your house? Another man? That you've never told me anything about it. Even when I got in, you didn't tell me anything. And guess what, I heard your conversation. That he confessed to you. He said he liked you. Not to add the times when you just didn't respond to my calls, my messages. And after we talked that night, you just said you missed me because you were boredAnd it got me thinking, 'am I just a person you talk to when you're bored? Cause now you've got a new person?'. And that leads me to breaking up with you. I swear, my mind was a complete mess that time. And what made me more less regret of that decision was, I thought even we're not together anymore, it would be easy for you to move on. Since the guy had made a move, and you've got him. It was a win-win situation for us. I saved you, from being attacked by my manager, and me, from being heartbroken,"

Sabrina was already crying from my explanation. She grabbed my shirt and hit my chest, repeatedly. "You jerk. How much did you hear our conversation?"

"Not much. I heard he confessed, and that's all I can take. I am not willing to hear you accepting him,"

"I didn't even accept him, you fool. I rejected him, brought us to an awkward moment afterwards. You know why? Because of you. I remembered you. I know I shouldn't betray you by accepting his confession. If I did, then why would we be in this position now huh? If I did accept him, I would be in his arms instead right now," she rapped.

I pulled her closer to me. "No can do. I'd rather sit here with you. So, all is clear now, is it?"

"Yeah. I think so,"

"By the way, who is that guy anyway? He has such abnormal eyes," I couldn't hold my curiosity, and of course I just had to know who my competitor was.

"In his defense, he had nice eyes. His name is Choi Minho. And we met in the subway. He rescued me, from a drunk who tried to molest me. He's a doctor. And I was on the phone with him just now. So, if anything, you should be thanking him. He's a great friend. He treats me to delicious food. We had just return from our food adventure that night, before you made you're dramatic entrance. And he promised me to help in any way he can regarding my sickness,"

"Why don't you take the bike? Its getting dusty," I tried lighten up the mood.

"I kept getting sudden severe headaches. What if I got it when I'm riding? If anything happened to me in the subway, at least somebody would do something. Just like Minho," she answered seriously.

I kept my face straight because I'm starting to feel sorry and thankful for him. Guess that he must like her a lot. But sorry, Choi Minho. Sabrina is mine. "Okay then. He's good, I guess,"

"So, are we okay now?" She asked. I nodded and smiled sweetly as I can. This is the thing I missed the most. Both of us, cuddling, enjoying the serene moment.

"What now?" I broke the silence.

"Just live through it," she replied.

The word 'live' never scared me before. Now, its like something that I must make sure of.

 

"Of course, we'll live through it,"

 

A/N :

Longer chapter this time. Hope you'll understand the story line . please comment! I'd really like to know what you're all thinking !!!!