Chapter 9

Love, Faker

Watching his backview slowly fading away, I shut the door and reprocessed what actually did happen. By he, I meant Baekhyun. The Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. I'm no fangirl or anything. It's just been a miracle for me to brought him home, which is a complete stranger for me. And converse casually like we've had known each other for some period of time. 

He even poured his deep worries and problems to me. Okay wait, that's not shocking enough. I offered my place as his runaway destination. That's something. Well, I didn't really plan on saying that, but he looks so vulnerable, that's why. If he ever did come, I don't mind, as long as nothing tailed him here. It's been hard living alone and no one to depend on, unlike those of my age who only focus on booze and boys.

While I clean the dining table, my mind rumbled on which way best I should spend this rare day off. Movies? Nothing interesting. Candid photography session? Yes, I may be a photographer, but I need some break too. Oh yeah, Min Hyun. She's great in suggesting solutions in this kind of ordeal. As I was about to text her, it dawned on me that she had a family to be taken care of. Not being sentimental or anything, but she still have siblings to tend. Dae Hyun, whom I meet occasionally, can be very demanding when he gets the mood. Their parents are living a free and retired life in the States. So, being the eldest, Min Hyun took responsible of taking care eveything here in South Korea.

And only then, the lightbulb flickered. I know just the place. Changing into the proper attire, I grabbed my bag and helmet, straightly drift there.

 

This place can never get old. It was smaller than I remembered. Or maybe it was just me growing up and this place was still the same. As expected, this funfair was flooded with families spending their weekends and couples. 

I take a look around and decide to transform into a 10 years old Sabrina again for a day. Appa used to bring me here, whether it was because I got good grades or I was not in a good mood, his way of entertaining me always worked. Usually, the first thing that he took me to was the bumper cars. Back then, it was him who get to drive because I'm not tall enough. After paying for one, I got into the mini version  of a car with convertible or so, then the fun starts. I kept on bumping others, like hello it's made for bumping right? I laughed like a maniac.

Next, I browsed to the games section. Dart throws, ring throws, colourful teddy bears filled my sight. I chose throw rings instead of darts because darts seems lethal to me. 

"Throw 3 rings to the bottles, and if you succeed, bring home a teddy!!" Said the guy behind the counter. I tried for the sake of having fun. After throwing like 6 rings and none got in, I went off not feeling disappointed. What's the point of being in a fun source but you're in despair? 

Last but not least, what's the point of going to a funfair without getting on the Ferris Wheel? People would think the same concept but not me. I had always been scared of heights. Even at the office, my place located at the 14th floor, I never looked down from the window. That days, appa persuaded me and held my hands tightly which made feel secure. But now, there's no one to do that on behalf of him. 

After contemplating around that colossal thing that keeps on going round and round, I treated myself 3 big scoop of ice creams. Sitting down on a bench there, I posed like Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love. My eyes went wild, scanning the surrounding. If someone ever say that entertainment parks like this were only for kids, well tell them, they're wrong. There's also couples, strolling hand in hand, talking to each other and look deeply in the eyes. They don't need to do anything, not even mutter a single word. Just by having each other presence was enough to describe what's happening at the moment. 

I sighed. It's not that I'm anti-PDA. It's just that, I'm a human. I also have the feeling of desire having those kind of moments with my own better half, who knows who. It seems impossible as of now, but miracle happens anytime.

Maybe that was the main issue. I have nobody. 

I'm alone.

 

A/N : okay, its been 2 long weeks. I'M TRULY SORRY!!!. Its just that I dont have any inspiration to write these past weeks. So, here an update. Enjoy!!! Please, subscribe, comment and respond to my fic!! 

사랑해!!!