Chaos Born Again

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"Chen...Chen. Keep your eyes open. Don't fall asleep. Stay awake," said a haunting wicked voice. Chen sat up fast in his bed, gasping for air. He was drenched with sweat and his heartbeat was incredibly fast. His room was unusually cold. He looked at his clock. 3:00 AM. For weeks now Chen has been having these realistic nightmares, as if someone's choking him in his sleep, taking his breath away. He woke up at the same time every night. He felt like he was losing his mind. As each day passed, he would commit an act crime. Theft, and beatings. He knew it definitely had something to do with the spirit that was haunting him, tormenting him. Preventing him from having a normal life. His emotions were one by one be out of him daily. His thirst for others' pain grew largely. 

Chen threw himself out of bed and put clothes on, a black shirt, black jacket and a black scarf which he tied around his mouth, covering the lower half of his face. "Follow me, Chen," the voice said as clear as day. Though Chen couldn't see anyone, he walked towards the door, exiting his house. Something was calling to him, leading him somewhere. He wandered to the center of the empty village. The streets were dark and cold. A strong breeze rustled through the center. Chen stood in the center with a blank face.

"Burn it. Burn it down, Chen," the wicked voice commanded. WIthout any hesitation, Chen sparked lightning through his fingers, crashing into all of the market buildings, burning them to the ground. He stood there in delight, as he heard the wicked laughter of evil spirit.

"Princess Azula, I will avenge your death and take the rightful place at the throne in your honor," he spoke.

"Good," the voice hissed all around him. "You will keep doing everything I say when I say it, do you understand?"

"Yes, Princess."

"There are a lot of things I need you to do so people will bow down to me."

"Yes, Princess."

"But Chen, one thing you must do under all circumstances...is kill the avatar."

"Yes, Princess."

 

In the morning, there were news reporters and waterbenders attempting to clear out the fire. Earthbenders were also there to clean up the damage. Three markets had been burned down, with several other shops that were mildly burned due to the close range. Everyone who lived in the village had gathered to see the damage and questioned among themselves to find out how it happened. Kai, Lay and Kyungsoo eventually joined the crowd.

"Damn. There goes my favorite place to buy fire flakes," said Kai said rubbing his stomach.

"Who cares about your stomach?? People just lost their businesses! It's just really fortunate that no one was hurt," said Lay.

"I wonder who could have done this...reporters are saying it was a firebender," said Kyungsoo.

"It was a firebender who used lightning," Chanyeol said walking up beside them, stuffing his face with fire flakes.

"Gimme some of them fire flakes, man," Kai said digging in the bag.

"Do you think it could've been that guy from yesterday? The bag theif?" asked Lay.

"There are plenty of other firebenders that can bend lightning, . World ain't that small," Kai said chomping on fire flakes.

"Well that guy is definitely a suspect," said Kyungsoo. Just then, Baekhyun and Sehun also walked in on the crowd.

"Sehun! Over here!" Kyungsoo called. When Sehun heard his voice, he smiled and rushed over. Baekhyun followed with his hands in his pockets.

"What's going on here Kyungsoo?" asked Sehun.

"Someone did this," Kyungsoo said motioning to the wreck. Sehun sighed.

"Just when you think you're at peace, there's always someone who ruins it," he said. Baekhyun walked up to Chanyeol with a flirtatious look on his face.

"Hey," he said. Chanyeol tried to finish chewing so he wouldn't talk with his mouth full. He finally swallowed then spoke.

"Hey Baekhyun, enjoying your time here?" he said. Baekhyun took one of Chanyeol's hand and began to caress it.

"It would be more fun if you showed me around," he said in a seductive voice. Kyungsoo looked at Sehun, who's eyes had widened and obviously hurt.

"Well let's get out of the village for the day. Too much going on," said Kai.

"Yeah we could go to Ember Island!" Chanyeol suggested.

"I've always wanted to visit there! Let's go!" said Kyungsoo. The six of them then borrowed a small boat and sailed to the small island, not too far away from the village.

"You'll love it there, Soo. The beaches are so nice and we could even practice firebending," Kai said wrapping his arm around his waist. 

"Hey, maybe I could even start teaching you a little waterbending, Soo. We'll be surrounded by water so why not?" Lay said smiling at Kyungsoo.

"He said he wants to follow the avatar cycle, which means you ain't teachin' him until he's mastered fire and air, right baby?" said Kai rubbing against Kyungsoo.

"I actually think that would be a good idea if Lay could teach me a little. I could practice both at the same time!" said Kyungsoo. Kai groaned while Lay pumped his fist in a silent victory.

"Avatar Kyungsoo?" Sehun said approaching him.

"Yeah?"

"I thought about it and I would be happy to be your airbending teacher," he said. Kyungsoo's smile grew wide.

"Really?? You mean it Sehun??" he said happily. Sehun nodded and bowed.

"Whenever you want to begin, just let me know. Although, training would be more affective if we were to go to the Air Temple. We can even go to Air Temple Island, which is where I was originally born," said Sehun.

"That's awesome, by the way, you don't have to be so formal with me since we're friends. Just call me Kyungsoo."

Sehun smiled. "Alright then, Kyungsoo," he replied. Kyungsoo noticed Sehun's eyes drifting towards Baekhyun who was still flirting with Chanyeol. His flirting was turning into touching.

"Are you okay?" asked Kyungsoo.

"I just don't get him. I told him how I felt, then told him he should do what he wants, then he claimed I was being selfish and kissed me. After that, I thought he would ask me if I wanted to be his boyfriend but...he's still flirting," said Sehun. Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Wait wait wait whoa he kissed you again??"

"Mmhm. Right after I told him. It was amazing. It was just how I remembered the first kiss," Sehun said blushing. Before Kyungsoo could ask anymore questions, the ship finally reached Ember Island. They all climbed off the ship and landed in the warm white sand. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were holding hands as the exited, then sat down in the sand talking to each other, in their own little world. Sehun sighed then pulled Kyungsoo aside.

"How can he treat me like this when he knows how I feel?" Sehun said on the verge of tears. Kyungsoo nodded understandingly and patted his shoulder.

"Well how about for now, we forget about him and have some fun?" Kyungsoo said as he pulled his arm and ran towards the volleyball net.

"You guys wanna play?" Kyungsoo asked Kai and Lay.

"Definitely!" said Lay.

"I wanna be on your team, Soo!" said Kai.

"Sorry Kai, but I'm teaming with Sehun," said Kyungsoo.

"Wait if you're teaming with him then that means..." Kai looked at Lay. "Oh hellllll no I am not teaming with him!!"

"I don't wanna team with you either, jackass," said Lay.

"Sorry guys!" Kyungsoo said laughing and waving form the other side of the net. Sehun also joined in on his laughter.

"Uggggh. Just pass me the ball and stay out of my way," Kai grumbled to Lay.

Kyungsoo was first to serve the ball. He threw it up high and hit it, sending it soaring to the other side. Lay volleyed it, but as soon as he did, Kai pushed him out of the way and sent the ball crashing into the net, nowhere near high enough to get it over.

"You ! Why'd you do that?? I already hit it!!" yelled Lay.

"It originally came towards me and you stole it so I took it back!" said Kai.

"It was NOWHERE near you! It clearly was in my direction you infected asswipe!"

"You're pissing me off. Know your damn role and shut your damn mouth!" They were so busy arguing they hadn't realized that Kyungsoo and Sehun scored a point. The ball plopped in the sand right in front of Kai's feet.

"Now look what you did you stupid penguin !!" yelled Kai.

"Why do you always have to bring my culture into this!?"

"Hey guys!! Are we gonna play or what?" Kyungsoo yelled impatiently. Kai kicked the ball up with his feet to bring it to his hands. 

"Oh yeah we're playin. Stay out of my way, Zhang," Kai growled then served the ball powerfully, sending it out of bounds.

"Hey Kai! Try to serve IN the line okay?" Kyungsoo shouted cutely.

"Damn you're so cute Kyungsoo," Kai whispered to himself. Lay smacked Kai with a water whip he bended from the ocean.

"Pay attention!!" he yelled. Kai turned to him to continue arguing as Sehun served. "Get the ball, stupid!!" Lay called as the ball was heading in Kai's direction. Out of frustration towards Lay, Kai kicked the ball with full power, sending it bursting to flames, burning through the net and hitting Kyungsoo in his stomach, knocking him off balance. Both Kai and Lay's hearts dropped as they watched Kyungsoo collapse in pain. They both ran to him frantically.

"Kyungsoo!! Are you okay??? I'm so sorry I didn't know that would happen!!" Kai pleaded as he lifted up Kyungsoo. Lay pushed Kai away.

"See I told you you were too damn reckless! Always gotta hurt somebody!!" yelled Lay. Kyungsoo rubbed his stomach and sat up.

"I'm okay, guys, really," said Kyungsoo. Kai grabbed one of Kyungsoo's arms and Lay grabbed the other, both helping him up.

"Are you sure you're okay, Soo?" asked Lay. "You aren't hurt anywhere are you?"

"No no I'm fine, no need to panic!" said Kyungsoo. "But maybe playing volleyball was a bad idea."

"I'm so sorry," Kai repeated hugging Kyungsoo tight. Kyungsoo hugged back, but then noticed horror in Sehun's eyes. He let go of Kai.

"Sehun, what's wrong??" he asked. Sehun didn't respond, his eyes locked on what ever he was looking at. Kyungsoo turned to see what it was, and he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol, passionately making out. Sloppy kissing everywhere. A few moans even could be heard from where they were standing.

"WOOHOO!!! ALRIGHT GO CHANYEOL GET IT IN!!!!" Kai shouted in amusement. Sehun's eyes watered. Tears poured down his face nonstop, his face curled up and he turned to run away, crying his eyes out along the way.

"Sehun! Wait!!" Kyungsoo called.

"What's his problem?" said Kai. Kyungsoo didn't answer and ran after Sehun. Lay turned to look at Kai.

"You're such a ," he said.

"What the hell did I do?"

"Forget it, I'm not even wasting my breath on you," Lay said hurrying after Kyungsoo and Sehun. Kai stood there in confusion, scratching his head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Double update! :3 Never know what goes through Baekhyun's head or what he's gonna do next smh ;p