The Avatar State

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"I am honored to accept his invitation," Kris said as his pupils expanded. He turned his black eyes towards Kyungsoo and stomped the ground, bending a stream a lava that headed straight for him. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in horror as the lava was rushing towards him. He was so confused and shocked that he couldn't react in time. He closed his eyes and held his breath, waiting to be hit, but just then, Lay jumped into the scene and froze the lava with his waterbending, then slapped away Kris and a few other Dai Li agents with a powerful water whip.

"Kyungsoo! Are you okay?? They didn't hurt you did they??" Lay shouted hurrying to help his boyfriend stand.

"I'm fine but..what's going on?" said Kyungsoo.

"While you were in the Spirit World, the Dai Li came to try and take you. Then Kris came and told us to hold them off while he got you some place safe...but that bastard obviously was working with them this whole time," Lay said balling his fist.

"No, he was trying to warn me about something...and then he was trying to protect me but then.."

"He just tried to kill you, how is that protecting you?" Just then, Kris got up and melted the ice with his pool of lava. Lay got in his stance, ready to attack.

"Kris!! Why are you doing this?? It's me, Kyungsoo!" Kris' eyes didn't change as he stared at Kyungsoo. He spreaded his feet apart and bended a trench in the ground, bringing up a massive wave of lava that would be impossible to stop.

"Damn it, come on we've gotta get out of here!" Lay said as he grabbed Kyungsoo's arm. However, Kyungsoo didn't budge. "Soo what are you doing??"

"Go ahead, Lay. I need to stop the lava. You go on ahead!" Kyungsoo said with his eyes locked on the lava.

"I'm not leaving without you," Lay said in a stern tone. Kyungsoo ignored him and took a deep breath. He swirled his arms around him as his eyes glowed brightly. His hand movements got faster as he bended a massive amount of air, equal to the lava. He forcefully pushed his hands forward, blowing away every trace of lava, even cooling it. The Dai Li agents had been blown far away as well. Kris bended himself an earth tent to protect himself as the wind flew by. Kyungsoo's eyes returned to normal as he took another deep breath. He stumbled back a little bit and Lay caught him in his arms.

"You okay, Soo?" he asked with a worried expression. Kyungsoo held his palm to his forehead, feeling a little dizzy.

"I'm okay. This was my first time actually using the avatar state so I guess it wore me out. It'll take some time to get used to I guess," Kyungsoo as he looked up at Lay with a reassuring smile. Lay sighed of relief and kissed Kyungsoo's lips.

"Don't scare me like that, ever again...okay?" he said squeezing Kyungsoo in a backwards hug.

Kris bursted out of his earth tent and charged towards the both of them on on a landslide. Kyungsoo quickly pounded the ground, sending Kris flying off and crashing down. Kyungsoo was running towards him, ready to strike again when Kris shouted to him.

"Kyungoo wait!!" he shouted. Kyungsoo stopped to take a look at him, noticing his eyes returned back to normal.

"K-Kris?"

"What happened to me?" Kris said holding his head.

"You attacked me, that's what happened. How could you? I don't understand," said Kyungsoo. Kris' eyes widened as it all was slowly coming back to him.

"I remember now...they brainwashed me!" he said. 

"Pfft. What century are you living in?" said Lay.

"I'm serious. They took me to Lake Laogai where they used Long Feng's method of hypnosis. They did it because I didn't want any part of what they were doing. They did it so I would join them...and so I would kill you with my own hands," said Kris.

"Wow. They hate me that much? I just can't understand you and your family, Kris." said Kyungsoo.

"They ARE NOT my family...anymore at least. The Wu Family are cold heartless bastards! I wanted to warn you..when I said our families are collaborating with eachother, I meant they were plotting to take over Republic City. They want to expand Ba Sing Se and claim every city in every nation as apart of it, and they're willing to stop anyone who gets in their way, permanently,"

"W-what?"

"Your father going to Republic City to join the council the beginning. Now he's President, which means all of the citizens are in danger," said Kris.

"That explains why he wanted us gone...Sehun was right. We need to get to Republic City!" said Kyungsoo.

"I'm afraid I can't allow you to do that," said a voice. The three of them turned to see Kris' father standing behind them with a few Dai Li agents  accompanying him. The agents had Kai and Baekhyun in their grasp as well as Grandpa.

"Let them go!!" shouted Kyungsoo. 

"You already know too much, Avatar Kyungsoo. But it doesn't matter because we were going to kill you anyway whether you tried to stop us or not," said Mr. Wu.

"What the hell is up with you dictators and war??? Can't you just be satisfied with what you have?? Ba Sing Se is an incredible city and it---"

"It USED to be the capital of the Earth Kingdom, but ever since Republic City was built by Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko, it has stolen everything that Ba Sing Se achieved," Mr. Wu said cutting Kris off. "Avatar Kyungsoo, I demand you cease your attack and maybe I'll let your friends live."

"Do you think I'll really back down because of an empty threat? What you're doing makes you no different than any other dictator who's attempted to take over other cities and nations by force?" said Kyungsoo. 

Mr. Wu smirked at Kyungsoo's comment. "Well, I am no dictator. I am sorry you feel that way," he said, then motioned for his Dai Li agents to attack. They bended rock hands and sent them flying to grab Lay and Kris, ramming them into the sides of a building. Kyungsoo angrily bended fire blasts towards several of the agents, who dodged and tried to catch Kyungsoo with the rock hands. Kyungsoo swirled around an air bubble to send the hands flying into the other direction. Kai and Baekhyun freed themselves from the distracted agents holding them. Kai kicked one in the chin upwards and legsweeped him afterwards.Grandpa Soo managed to free himself as well, kicking the Dai Li agent behind him powerfully. He joined in beside Kyungsoo to help fend off the agents.

"Are you okay, Grandpa?" asked Kyungsoo.

"These old bones aren't as good as they used to be but I'm still kicking!" said Grandpa. The Dai Li agents were outmatched. Earthbenders against a waterbender, firebender, airbender, earthbending master, lavabender and the avatar. Kyungsoo felt the advantage as all of them were striking their attacks, pummeling the Dai Li into the ground. Kyungsoo was confident as he bended every element he could.

That was until a crash of lightning was heard. It was close, behind him. Kyungsoo heard a yelp as the lightning strike faded away. He turned slowly in horror to see his Grandpa, who collapsed to the ground with electricity hovering over him. Kyungsoo's heart dropped as his eyes widened, filling with tears.

"GRANDPA!!!!!" he shouted running towards him, but a Dai Li agent blocked his path. He blew him away with a whirlwind and fell to his knees once he reached his grandpa. When he tried to touch him, he was shocked by the electricity running through his body. Grandpa wheezed a cough and slowly looked up at Kyungsoo.

"My boy...I'm very proud of you," he said.

"Grandpa don't talk it's okay Lay can heal you," Kyungsoo said crying, trying to hold back becoming hysterical.

"Tell him...to take good care of you..you're an amazing kid...and an even better avatar," Grandpa said as he slowly closed his eyes and released the last bit of breath in his body. His head turned lifelessly to the side. Kyungsoo sat for a minute hoping that he would wake back up, but he didn't. Kyungsoo began shaking violently, his tears coming out like a never ending waterfall. Everyone stopped to see what was going on. Lay looked up to the direction where the lightning came from and saw Chen standing on top of a building, smirking with his arms crossed.

"Grandpa...no...don't leave me..." Kyungsoo cried out, but it was too late. His grandfather was gone.

"I warned you, Avatar Kyungsoo. But did you listen? No, you assumed I was bluffing. Nice work, Chen. You have served well today. Now head to Republic City and prepare for our next phase," said Mr. Wu. Chen nodded then ran off, disappearing.

"You heartless son of a !!!" yelled Kai.

Kyungsoo sat by his grandpa, holding his hand in his. The wind began to pick up around him. Buildings began shaking as well as the ground, violently. Kyungsoo slowly lifted his head, revealing his angry glowing eyes. He slowly rose up in the air by a whirlwind. He stretched his limbs as he screamed, releasing powerful energy that surged through the entire city, destroying everything. Kyungsoo waved his arms around bending the earth as the buildings tumbled and the Great Walls of the city began to crack. Kyungsoo screamed again, releasing massive flames from his mouth and pointed it towards the city, burning down the palace and the entire upper ring. Kyungsoo turned to his left and eyes the ocean from a far. He waved his hands around, bring a massive typhoon straight to the city. The powerful water waves bursted through the walls, bringing them crashing down to the ground. He made lava explose out from where the walls stood and enter the city as well.

"Come on guys we need to go!" Lay said as he pulled Kai and Baekhyun back. Lay bended the rushing water that was coming towards them around to give them air as they made their escape out of the city. The Dai Li agents and Mr. Wu began to flee as well. Mr. Wu grabbed Kris and forced him to go with them.

Kyungsoo's destruction continued on. His tears streamed out of his glowing eyes as he unleashed his bending onto every visible part of Ba Sing Se. He didn't stop until Ba Sing Se was nothing more than a flat plain of land with piles of debree and flaming buildings that tumbled to the ground.